IGNORED

The "not The Nicky Maynard Thread" Thread.

downendcity

He could have had alot more if he'd been more honest last summer. One club was willing to pay 6m for him - if we made him available for transfer then - we could have got much more than 1.65m. This saga could have been avoided..

I don't think him not being on the transfer list (I assume that's what you mean by us making him available for transfer). Would've stopped any club making an offer, if they wanted him. Simple fact is only Leicester made an offer and as we all know, cos its been restated a million times on here, he didn't want to go to them. So unless I've missed something, then its difficult to see how we could've gotten a better deal.

Any of you fishermen got Amy advice on beach casting? I want to get into it. The hole left in my life without the Nicky Maynard saga needs filling and I like eating fish. 2 birds with 1 stone there methinks.

Chesil Beach during Mackerel season. Use a 3 oz weight with a set of 4 lures (not 6). Get a better and longer cast. Do not retrieve straight away but let lure sink and sometimes you can feel the fish hit. Obviously tide times also need to be observed. Best for me was always early in morning in the run up to high. The Hares on the beach are always a good sign. Normally 5am ish.

Sometimes you will see the Basking Sharks coming up the beach. This is the time to think of NM and how he could fill their stomachs. I know they normally only eat Plankton but these ones can be trained !!!!

I don't think him not being on the transfer list (I assume that's what you mean by us making him available for transfer). Would've stopped any club making an offer, if they wanted him. Simple fact is only Leicester made an offer and as we all know, cos its been restated a million times on here, he didn't want to go to them. So unless I've missed something, then its difficult to see how we could've gotten a better deal.

We could have got more than 1.65 - If Leicester were willing to pay 6m, then other clubs would surely showed an interest like Wigan and West Ham did once we transfer listed him.... Difference would have been, we could have demanded much more.

The reason West Ham got him for so little was because the very next day he was worth nothing and West Ham knew that.

We could have got more than 1.65 - If Leicester were willing to pay 6m, then other clubs would surely showed an interest like Wigan and West Ham did once we transfer listed him.... Difference would have been, we could have demanded much more.

The reason West Ham got him for so little was because the very next day he was worth nothing and West Ham knew that.

I'm still not getting it.

No other club did make an offer - are you saying that's because he wasn't on the transfer list?

I'm still not getting it.

No other club did make an offer - are you saying that's because he wasn't on the transfer list?

He was'nt available for transfer - we were not selling, not even for 6m. So why would anyone make a offer?

If he had said he was'nt going to sign a new contract and wanted to leave, we could have made him available for transfer - like we eventually did.

He was'nt available for transfer - we were not selling, not even for 6m. So why would anyone make a offer?

If he had said he was'nt going to sign a new contract and wanted to leave, we could have made him available for transfer - like we eventually did.

I sort of assumed that if a club is interested they make informal enquiries regarding availability.. have a chat with his agent.. an informal chat with the manager.. a gentle sounding out..

I don't really believe that he wasn't available to be sold in the summer if the right offer came along and by 'right' I mean the right club and offer for Nicky to say yes.

He eventually did say yes to an offer which he judged was right for him, so I don't think he was mucking us around.

Anyway, just my 2cents.

I don't hold any animosity towards him. Prior to his injury his 20 goal season was something to behold. Some of those goals were just amazing. Good luck to him. I hope he does well.

I'm 30 years old, he never was in my system, I'm just not so blinded by loyalty to the club that I can't see the obvious...

My comments were a bit tongue in cheek Spike, so I was not having a dig.

One of the problems over the NM affair is that there was little "obvious" to it. Because none of us really knew exactly what NM's plans were, and because the club ( in my opinion) muddied the water with ill advised statments last summer, the lack of clear information has led to the speculation left, right and centre on this forum.

Both sides could have handled the issue better and in so doing could have seen NM leave without so much bitterness towards him.

Bull or Slob trout

Bull trout are fish which never get past the estuary. Like sea trout they migrate back up the river to spawn.

You're doing an admirable job trying to keep this thread off the parasite one EMB, but there are a few on here who just can't help themselves, so I think their issues are pretty deep rooted.

Keep up the great work and tight lines ........ I think that was what the wonderful Mr Crabtree used to say wasn't it?

Chesil Beach during Mackerel season. Use a 3 oz weight with a set of 4 lures (not 6). Get a better and longer cast. Do not retrieve straight away but let lure sink and sometimes you can feel the fish hit. Obviously tide times also need to be observed. Best for me was always early in morning in the run up to high. The Hares on the beach are always a good sign. Normally 5am ish.

Sometimes you will see the Basking Sharks coming up the beach. This is the time to think of NM and how he could fill their stomachs. I know they normally only eat Plankton but these ones can be trained !!!!

Thanks mate, is dynamite frowned upon?

How many others are at a complete loose end now they don't need to keep pressing F5 to keep abreast of the will he, won't he saga?

How do you plan to use those extra hours in the day that you now have on your hands?

I'm taking a correspondence course in Thermonuclear Physics and reckon with the time free'd up I should get my doctorate by the end of the season. There should still be enough time left over to get the hall redecorated, get my handicap down to scratch and build a lifesize model of John Atyeo out of ice lolly sticks and papier mache, or if I'm really pushed for time it will have to be be Lee Johnson.

What's F5, then? :no: :no:

We could have had alot more if he'd been more honest last summer. One club was willing to pay 6m for him - if we made him available for transfer then - we could have got much more than 1.65m. This saga could have been avoided..

You mean the Leicester bid where Nicky said he didn't want to go? Nicky made the right decision, West Ham wouldn't have paid £6m for him and if he has signed for Leicester he'd now be sat in a mid table team going no where as he'd be on another long term contract. Instead Maynard is now at a team who look very likely to win the league, where he can get better service than he would for us or Leicester and has a 3 year deal with a team who are likely to go up and have a good chance of stay up.

Yeah he obviously should have taken that option to ensure we made a profit off of him because ruining your career so a club who are fighting relegation in the Championship can get £4.5m more for you makes sense for him doesn't it.

Hate him all you like but he never said he would commit to a further contract, he was willing to play out his contract which we gave him, that's all he was obligated to do, no player at any team is obligated to move so a club can line their pockets.

Archived