IGNORED

Team For Saturday?

Lew-T

..................James

Foster....Nyatanga...Wilson...McGivern

................Cisse...Elliott

...................Kilkenny

Albert............Wood................Bolasie

Its the best, most balanced system, which we played in the first half against donny. It plays to every players strengths. Kilkenny gets a free role and he is much more effective pushed forward.

Unfortunately for Brett Pitman, he does not fit into this formation

ps Carey is suspended.

..................James

Its the best, most balanced system, which we played in the first half against donny. It plays to every players strengths. Kilkenny gets a free role and he is much more effective pushed forward.

Assuming Elliot is fit again I think your're spot on. I'm not sure Kilkenny should be given a 'free role' though. He should be told to stay as far up the pitch as is possible. He'll need firm orders as he'll be up against his former team and be desperate to do well.

..................James

ps Carey is suspended.

I like the look of that.

Assuming Elliot is fit again I think your're spot on. I'm not sure Kilkenny should be given a 'free role' though. He should be told to stay as far up the pitch as is possible. He'll need firm orders as he'll be up against his former team and be desperate to do well.

Free Role as in, looking for space as far up the pitch as possible - he should told not to worry about the defensive side of the game, nor dropping back to collect the ball of the back four - he is ineffective when he does those things.

..................James

Foster....Wilson...Nyatanga...McGivern

ps Carey is suspended.

This.

Skuse in for Elliot if Elliot is unfit. I think with the support and service this formation should offer to the front man, Pitman could play the lone striker role, but, there's no real sense in dropping Wood at the moment is there. Would give Pitman a 30 min run either for Wood or Kilkenny depending on scoreline.

If Marv is out and with Carey missing I'd suggest Skuse would be better going into the back line in place of McGivern, due to his experience.

My team (which isn't too different from others above TBF);

James

Skuse - Wilson - Nyatanga - Foster

Kilkenny - Cisse - Pearson

Adomah - Wood - Bolasie

Subs: Gerkin, McGivern, Woolford, Stead, Pitman

In trying to put together this line up I've realised how thin on the ground we are.

Without Carey and Elliot outside the players above I can only think of JCR (out of favour) and Clarkson; really need to avoid injuries!

I don't think Elliott will be fit & Del will plump for Skuse to be in midfield with Foster on the right. But as Del was so animated with McGivern up at Reading I wouldn't be surprised to see McGivern dropped, so team should be;

James

Foster Wilson Nyatanga McGivern

Cisse

Albert Skuse Pearson Bolasie

Wood

Pearson is the key going forward as Albert is bound to be mullered early on by some Leeds twa-

I expect McGivern to be dropped.

We need to be more adventurous at home so would make more sense to have Skuse at the back with Kilkenny back in midfield.

If elliott is unfit have Pearson in the middle with Yannick on the left.

Been very impressed by Wood so far, his control and touch has been superb.

---------------------Jamo-----------------------

Skuse----Nyatanga---Wilson--------Foster

---------------Cisse-----Marv-------------------

-------------------Pearson----------------------

Albert-------------Wood--------------Bolasie

Kilkenny shouldnt start just because its his former club. He has been disappointing and was rightly dropped against reading, also mcgivern doesn't know how to defend or at least doesn't understand how to position himself when defending. When pearson has played a more central role he has looked good. Hoping marv is fit otherwise i would like to see a 442 with pitman and wood up top with pearson and cisse in the middle. My prediction 3 1 city (if its not called off)

Archived