IGNORED

City V Leeds Match Thread

The Casual Connoisseur

I agree we need to take care of ourselves instead of looking at other sides but Del needs to keep showing faith in the players and by giving them a bollocking it could have a negative effect. I dont think that will solve much imo.

I'm not suggesting a public bollocking but a few home truths in the dressing room about discipline may not go amiss.

I'm not suggesting a public bollocking but a few home truths in the dressing room about discipline may not go amiss.

Del I expect will tell the players they cant afford to be going in for risky challenges when already on a booking. Wilson couldn't of done an awful lot, If he doesn't make the challenge people will say he didnt try win the ball.

Poor attendance, entirely down to the club and the ticketing policy.

Fair play to anyone who went today. Coldest day of the year. Costs a small fortune. Team self destructs and ships 3 goals.

Will be interesting to see the guff I get in the next email from the club telling me to book early for the next match. An "epic encounter" was what I was promised if I bought a ticket for today...

...hmmm. Bit of shambles at the Gate at the moment I fear.

Bright side is Cov lost (rather Ipswich were out of sight than Cov on our arse), Donny was called off, Millwall lost (against 10 men) and Forest play tomorrow (Come on Derby!), so despite getting pumped we are no worse off than we were this morning if we look down.

However, looking up it seems increasingly likely we won't finish much higher than we are now.

2012 so far has not been good; 6 games (3 H, 3 A) - 2 wins, 4 defeats, 3 goals scored, 8 goals shipped, 4 red cards.

More red cards than goals; that is not a good sign.

Cannot see us getting anything from the next game away to Hull and the next really winnable looking match on current form is away to Ipswich in March, Even they have picked up recently.

We are in a relegation battle, not as rank outsiders but as 1 of 5, 3 of whom will drop.

Only single positive is this might force Del and Doc to look at the loan market asap, cause what we have will not be enough to make this ride easy imho.

We are in trouble if we cannot take advantage while completely controlling a game, it is down to quality IMO and we have very little in our squad.....if any.

Had a quick look at our remaining fixtures, can;t see us getting more than 46 points and that may well take us down.

We know that we won't get anything at Ipswich, Florist & Birmingham & will struggle to get anything at Hull, Middlesbrough & Portsmouth while we struggle to score goals. We have to get wins against Coventry, Watford, Derby, Leicester & Barnsley (in other words most of our remaining home games).

Think it is going to go down to the last game at Burnley, not a good situation unless Del signs some quality midfield players next week.

BCAGFC

We have to pray other teams are equally bad or worse than us imho.

We have been guilty, under both Millen and Del, of effectively giving away games (Leeds away is an excellent example) and I blame the players; most are no where good enough and are ******* cowards who shouldn't wear our shirt. I don't think I ask much as a fan but I want to see player who give a damn, and I don't think most do.

I think Del may have seriously misunderstood the mentality of many of our squad. A good number have been coasting under the last 2/3 managers and were likely just hoping that no one came in to take their positions so they could turn in the same old rubbish and get away with it under the new management. They don't seem to care and that is not good enough.

Wow.

Talk about over-reaction

Fair enough.

I've tried to keep positive recently, but no team with anything going for it implodes like today imho.

Leeds had been dire on the road recently, had only a couple of days to prep after losing their manager, we'd won our last home game, yet we shoot ourselves firmly in the foot and proceed to capitulate.

We're running out of space to turn this around.

Fair enough.

I've tried to keep positive recently, but no team with anything going for it implodes like today imho.

Leeds had been dire on the road recently, had only a couple of days to prep after losing their manager, we'd won our last home game, yet we shoot ourselves firmly in the foot and proceed to capitulate.

We're running out of space to turn this around.

My post was aimed at several in this thread, rather than one individual....

I know! We were only 5th bottom and lose 3-0 at home to Leeds who are without a manager, with a spot of ill discipline to boot! While teams around us have games in hand.

Real over reaction yea

We were also the better team in the first half. Not to mention then going down to 9 men.

It's not great but we are still 6 points from the bottom 3 and we are competitive in every game.

When your towards the bottom, teams rarely take advantage of games in hand.

Actually I think the defence is fine. Despite Wilson and Carey both being sent off, I think either one of them can partner Fontaine until the end of the season and we will be OK.

I'm also happy with our 2 wingers. But I think we could do with a central midfielder and another striker. Goals are a real problem, not the defence.

We're paying the price of failure to strengthen the squad in the right areas back in the summer.

Results suggest that our squad doesn't have the strength to compete effectively at this level.

I don't believe that a season of struggle at the bottom of the table should come as any surprise. It was widely predicted as Millen's catastrophic reign saw the preseason slip by.

It's no over-reaction to speak of relegation. We've been staring it in the face most weeks. But I'm far more hopeful of escaping under McInnes than under the old regime.

Actually I think the defence is fine. Despite Wilson and Carey both being sent off, I think either one of them can partner Fontaine until the end of the season and we will be OK.

I'm also happy with our 2 wingers. But I think we could do with a central midfielder and another striker. Goals are a real problem, not the defence.

Goals will always be a problem if you do not possess a creative midfielder or 2 and IMO we still do not have one or 2, it really needs to be addressed and soon.

Goals will always be a problem if you do not possess a creative midfielder or 2 and IMO we still do not have one or 2, it really needs to be addressed and soon.

Players like Ineasta/Xavi/Gerrard, why are they creative mid-fielders because people on there same wave length, see a pass we don't Torres/Gerrard that was good to watch, Killkenny and Maynard imo when we played under Del at the start had a understanding there no where near the class of the players above but a City understanding. Maynard/Kilkenny.

Archived