IGNORED

Trouble Leaving The Dolman Today

Kingswood Village

Stay there to the bitter end i see your passion mate, as you get older you leave early because you know there is no way back, players think like fans and they know the score they would do the same, Players when playing do not look up to the stands and think they are not true fans because there leaving now.

I see what you mean Sir, but surely you're there to support your team, no matter what happens. It's not just about winning the game or coming away with points. Well I mean, that's my view.

People just shouldn't buy a ticket if they intend on leaving early. Pisses me off, bloody glory hunters - not real supporters.

I think you should keep your mouth shut you little runt! my oldman hasnt missed a game for 40 years & even he left early yesterday... how dare you insult his & others like his support to this football club?

That's right maybe a bit harsh saying your not a true fan I take that back but if you chose to leave early and you know who you are.

Leave walking up and over to stop disturbing some fans that wish to watch till the end.

It's not just yesterday and it happens every game and when one of you early leavers wished to tell a fellow fan to **** off when he's asking you in a respectful manner to move along please.

People leave early but then they stop to watch and block our view.

Maybe the club should give us a discount for sitting in front row of the doman

So your the fella who told me to sit down when I was simply applauding a city player at home against Southampton this season.

Why call me Sir?

You said 'as you get older...'. I was being friendly. Never mind.

I think you should keep your mouth shut you little runt! my oldman hasnt missed a game for 40 years & even he left early yesterday... how dare you insult his & others like his support to this football club?

In all fairness, I don't care about your old man.

The problem with the Dolman is that it's the biggest stand at Ashton Gate but with only 2 exits and it takes an eternity to get out of at the end of the game.

So it seems everyone gets down to the bottom of the stand with 5 mins to go.

It a design problem with the Dolman that causes all the problems.

What we need is a new modern stadium providing easy, safe access to and from seats.......

Us supporters (in all our different types) shouldn't have a go at each other as ultimately we are in a stadium not suited to the modern game.

Finally, I did see a sign saying east end exit wasn't available but only one sign. Didn't hear it announced in the stadium.

The problem with the Dolman is that it's the biggest stand at Ashton Gate but with only 2 exits and it takes an eternity to get out of at the end of the game.

So it seems everyone gets down to the bottom of the stand with 5 mins to go.

It a design problem with the Dolman that causes all the problems.

There was multiple exits when the dolman was designed.

Yesterday we were losing 2 nil and had 9 men. Totally understand people leaving. The result was obvious.

But I will never understand people leaving when there's still a goal in it... If you got work or something, fair enough, but the last 5 minutes are the biggest if the game is still in the balance IMO

It doesn't matter if I say it to your face or not, either way I really don't care about your old man. Just shut up, you've already embarrassed yourself enough as it is.

'Fans' like you are the worst kind! no respect for the older generation whos kept this club going through out the years, people who were here long before you ever were & thats the thanks they get in return? you should be ashamed of yourself BOY!!

Problem is, every time we play a high profile team......Leeds, Cardiff, West Ham etc the walkway behind the East End is closed at the end of the game, meaning everyone has to exit towards Ashton Road.........have some patience!

Yes, that is bloody annoying and lazy stewarding in my opinion.

Hold the away fans in for 10 mins, inconvenience them not us. Plus the last time we did it someone burnt my coat with a cigarette (unintentionally but it is not surprising when they force thousands of people down a 6ft walkway).

Hold the away fans in for 10 mins, inconvenience them not us. Plus the last time we did it someone burnt my coat with a cigarette (unintentionally but it is not surprising when they force thousands of people down a 6ft walkway).

No not lazy stewarding, just an order from 'the man in charge'

Sorry about yer coat, but that was the **** with the fags fault

Purely by way of a comparison, a friend of mine sits right at the back of the Ateyo, in the corner near the Dolman. I am in the middle of the Dolman about 3/4 back. By the time I get to the bottom of the steps of the upper flight, I can see that he is out and away. Design of the Dolman exits is shocking. Great view, but that's the reason so many start to move. Not many actually leave they just take up positions lower down and nearer the exits and then of course block the view of the lower seats.

Don't know why the stewards wont open the gates to the lower section until near the end of the game though. That only makes things worse.

I really don't agree with it. What made it more pointless was outside the Williams/EE they were letting the Leeds fans out together with the city fans?

Whatever you want to call them, people just shouldn't buy tickets if they don't intend on staying. People do this at music concerts too, not just football, it's just plain annoying.

I bet most of the people on here saying you should stay and support till the end are in the bar till 10 minutes into the second half drinking.

The decision to keep those gates barred is idiotic. People leaving early should go up and around the back though.

I agree that keeping the away fans in would be much better than not letting people through the alleyway behind the east end, no idea why the club do that.

Yesterday we were losing 2 nil and had 9 men. Totally understand people leaving. The result was obvious.

But I will never understand people leaving when there's still a goal in it... If you got work or something, fair enough, but the last 5 minutes are the biggest if the game is still in the balance IMO

Agree. Sometimes there is a good reason for people leaving early which is fair enough. But if you just want to get away quickly why bother coming at all? I can't stand it, stay and get behind the team!! It was so satisfying when Maynard scored against Millwall in stoppage time! One because it gave us a precious 3 points, but two it was also great that all the people who left early missed it!!

It's all very well people saying they pay there money so they can do as they please, but surely that is a waste of money? Not the sort of fans we need who sod off early just because they haven't been given 90mins of total football! Get real!

Agree. Sometimes there is a good reason for people leaving early which is fair enough. But if you just want to get away quickly why bother coming at all? I can't stand it, stay and get behind the team!! It was so satisfying when Maynard scored against Millwall in stoppage time! One because it gave us a precious 3 points, but two it was also great that all the people who left early missed it!!

It's all very well people saying they pay there money so they can do as they please, but surely that is a waste of money? Not the sort of fans we need who sod off early just because they haven't been given 90mins of total football! Get real!

Saw that goal against millwall from my seat - great. Left on saturday when we were 3-0 down with 9 men. We weren't going to get anything from the game..... My intention was to get up, walk to the exit and **** off out of the ground asap. I have been a season ticket holder for circa 10 years - most of which while living in maidenhead. Occasionally I leave early - if I want to I should be able to.

Archived