IGNORED

Trouble Leaving The Dolman Today

Kingswood Village

I have the last 10 mins of every game completely ruined by early leavers! I am completely unable to see past them & then if I stand to see over them gt shouted at to sit down! I understand that the dolman design creates these problems but I'm coming close to lamping someone over this! Unless you are elderly, disabled or with kids is your early leaving really that beneficial to your life???? Because it totally destroys the end of every home game for me!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely correct and its very noticeable that all those on this thread defending their right to leave early have not replied to that post.

So many people blame the design of the Dolman. But the early leavers know what the design is and yet still choose to walk in the way of the front rows and hence as you say choose to obscure the view for the last 10/15 minutes.

The simple solution to those that want to leave early is walk up the steps to the back, walk to one end or another and down the side.

I see elderly and disabled people shuffling past my front row seat and make allowances for them, but everyone else, its just plain lazy and rude. They see a queue of people standing in the way of others and choose to join it. These people know before they leave that they will be prevented from walking down to pitch level, and anyway even if they weren't I dont see what difference it would make as it would just transfer the problem from people walking in the way of people in the front two rows of the upper tier to the front two rows of the lower tier.

The simple solution to those that want to leave early is walk up the steps to the back, walk to one end or another and down the side.

I see elderly and disabled people shuffling past my front row seat and make allowances for them, but everyone else, its just plain lazy and rude.

This. particularly the rude bit, would you do it in a cinema? Unfortunately some people are just lazy, rude and selfish.

I think what this tells us is that;

1) Some supporters on here aren't really supporters.

2) Some people here are just plain ignorant and selfish with no consideration for anyone but themselves, that they will ruin the last 10 - 15 minutes for those have ALSO PURCHASED THEIR RIGHT to watch the game.

3) FantaticRed has a father who likes to leave early, and thinks that makes him better than everyone else.

Simple answer buy a season ticket in the other three areas. Or stop whining because it has happened since you sat in your season ticket seat that any body with conmen sense would not buy.

So the people who for the final 10/15 minutes block the view of others arent selfish, even though they could leave early AND be more considerate by leaving via the rear and sides, this divergence of opinions is caused by the people who selfishly choose to sit in the Dolman and would prefer to watch all the game?

An interesting contribution.

Simple answer buy a season ticket in the other three areas. Or stop whining because it has happened since you sat in your season ticket seat that any body with conmen sense would not buy.

You can't put the blame on people who, for whatever reason sit in the front rows. Wherever you sit you have a right to see the whole of the match. The people shuffling along in front of them (still watching the match) are the ones causing the problems.

The Club should get a grip of this, because there will be trouble at some point. Stewards should be in position to direct early leavers up around the back of the Dolman. If people are old and infirm and need to get out early....what are they doing up in the Dolman anyway? Get a ticket near the exits, wouldn't that make common sense?

Also if people need to leave early on a regular basis....the same applies, get a seat near the exits.

End of problem.

Sort it out Bristol City, this has been going on for too long now, and I think we are lucky that no trouble has occurred......as of yet.

So the people who for the final 10/15 minutes block the view of others arent selfish, even though they could leave early AND be more considerate by leaving via the rear and sides, this divergence of opinions is caused by the people who selfishly choose to sit in the Dolman and would prefer to watch all the game?

An interesting contribution.

Is there a walkway at the back of the Dolman?? Sitting in row O , I've never had the occasion to walk up that far. I was under the impression there was a row of seats right at the back ??

Saw that goal against millwall from my seat - great. Left on saturday when we were 3-0 down with 9 men. We weren't going to get anything from the game..... My intention was to get up, walk to the exit and **** off out of the ground asap. I have been a season ticket holder for circa 10 years - most of which while living in maidenhead. Occasionally I leave early - if I want to I should be able to.

As I mentioned above there are sometimes circumstances which makes it more acceptable to leave early. I personally never have and never will. OK we were not going to get the result against leeds but leaving just because we weren't going to win is pretty pathetic to be honest. Going down to 9 was unfortunate but the lads battled well and the least they deserved is some support and encouragement from the fans!

As I mentioned above there are sometimes circumstances which makes it more acceptable to leave early. I personally never have and never will. OK we were not going to get the result against leeds but leaving just because we weren't going to win is pretty pathetic to be honest. Going down to 9 was unfortunate but the lads battled well and the least they deserved is some support and encouragement from the fans!

The atmosphere was dead for the whole 90 mins!

I have almost never left early, but had a genuine reason for doing so on Saturday (I had a phone call during the second half that my sister in law, who was babysitting my three year son, could not get her car out of the drive because of the snow on the Mendips and needed me to come and get him urgently). I left on about 75 minutes and got caught up in the crush and the abuse. The point I'm making is that there may well be genuine reasons why people have to leave, and those who do have to leave get the same abuse as everyone else. It really wasn't very pleasant.

Having said that, I've walked out of the theatre, concerts and films in the past, because whatever was on was awful, which seems to be my right if I bought a ticket. If you walk out of a gig, do you deserve to be abused at because you're being disloyal to the band? What a strange business football is...

I chose to sit where I do many years ago for a number of reasons: it was a great place to sit as the east end had been closed to home fans & therefore it had a great atmosphere at the time, there weren't believe it or not loads of people blocking my view for 10 mins before the end as there are now, I see my seat as lucky as we finally achieved promotion when I was sat there and finally all my mates & people i know sit around me! Is that ok with you? See you next tuesday!

Flump and somersetcity, surely it makes sense to have a quick and easy passage out of the ground for those not as 'loyal' (laugh!) as yourselves?

I would agree with that but it needs to be well away from those who have paid their money and are entitled to watch the full 90 mins without someone getting in their way and blocking their view. To be honest it bugs the living crap out of me.

I would agree with that but it needs to be well away from those who have paid their money and are entitled to watch the full 90 mins without someone getting in their way and blocking their view. To be honest it bugs the living crap out of me.

I think Bodiesaffer made a very good point, if you want to leave early fine, but please show some common courtesy if you are relatively young and able bodied then walk up to the back of the Dolman, along the back then down the sides. Pretty easy to do and keeps out of everyones line of sight.

If you have chosen to leave don't dawldle and block peoples view, actually leave. It woud stop all sorts of hassle.

Got to say whoever designed the Dolman stand didn't really think about it too much. Nice Stand, but a little more thought in it's design wouldn't have gone amiss

I think Bodiesaffer made a very good point, if you want to leave early fine, but please show some common courtesy if you are relatively young and able bodied then walk up to the back of the Dolman, along the back then down the sides. Pretty easy to do and keeps out of everyones line of sight.

If you have chosen to leave don't dawldle and block peoples view, actually leave. It woud stop all sorts of hassle.

Got to say whoever designed the Dolman stand didn't really think about it too much. Nice Stand, but a little more thought in it's design wouldn't have gone amiss

Exactemant Sir

What the hell was going on?!?

Wanted to leave early at about 80 mins so Got up to leave.

Don't leave early.

Went to leave by the exit nearest the east end knowing I would have to walk behind the dolman stand as the walkway behind the east end would be shut. But, police and stewards turned everyone away. Went to go down the steps to walk along pitch side but again gates slammed shut and directed to the far exit at the atyeo end.

As a result there is now a constant stream of people trying to get out while the game is still on and there are flash points with several spectators who can't see while others just want to get out.

Poor stewarding and policing.

Archived