IGNORED

New England Captain

Carey 6

Apologies if there is another thread on this, but who would you have as the England captain for Euro 2012?

Quite a few of the England team have had a controversial moment or two as we all know, but with Terry being stripped of the captaincy there are quite a few leaders within the England team that could step up, I guess the main candidates for it are Gerrard, Parker, Hart, Rio, Lampard

Thoughts?

Depends on who you'd pick. Lampard, Gerrard and Rio aren't automatic picks. Rooney is banned te first 2 games, Hart doesn't strike me as captain material.... Who're we left with really? If Gerrard stays fit I'd say him, but Parker or even Wilshere could be options

And Gerrard has a spotless record as well doesn't he...........................yeah right.

Has to be Parker or Lampard for me.

BCAGFC

Pick the squad first. Then the team. Then give the armband to whoever hasn't attracted the attention of the police in, say, the last 10 years ... the kit man perhaps!

As a tangent: John Terry would not be in my squad because I believe we have half-a-dozen or so better centre backs at that level. Germany proved that in South Africa.

Richards has done well at City, but he isn't (for some reason) a guaranteed starter for England.

Ashley Cole is a vile bastard, so not him. Lampard shouldn't even be in the squad so Gerrard might be the only option... Even then its a short term fix.

Rooney shouldn't ever be made England Captain either.

Richards has done well at City, but he isn't (for some reason) a guaranteed starter for England.

Ashley Cole is a vile bastard, so not him. Lampard shouldn't even be in the squad so Gerrard might be the only option... Even then its a short term fix.

Rooney shouldn't ever be made England Captain either.

Why not Rooney did you watch the Chelsea/Man U game he was man of the match and run his balls off, explain too me why he should not be our next captain or are you one of them who believes what they read in the papers is true.

Why not Rooney did you watch the Chelsea/Man U game he was man of the match and run his balls off, explain too me why he should not be our next captain or are you one of them who believes what they read in the papers is true.

No, I happen to think insulting the travelling support at the world cup when he had (as always in major tournaments) played abysmally typified his moronic personality. If Rooney was not good at kicking bags of air around a field he would be pushing trolleys or sniffing coke.

Why does anyone care who the captain is?

Only in the media does this matter, and only then since 24 hour sports news channels and Beckham came along.

You pick your best 11 players, then decide who is captain. It is not a job in itself.

Oh bore off! Always got to have someone moaning. Captaining your country is a massive honour, and I think a hell of a lot of people care that it's given to the right person.

No, I happen to think insulting the travelling support at the world cup when he had (as always in major tournaments) played abysmally typified his moronic personality. If Rooney was not good at kicking bags of air around a field he would be pushing trolleys or sniffing coke.

If Rooney was not good at kicking bags of air around he would be a coke head, even though the family history are good boxers and a few other Rooney's are playing football, if your mouth is as big in real life as it his hear you have got one big wake up call coming to you soon, good luck.

If Rooney was not good at kicking bags of air around he would be a coke head, even though the family history are good boxers and a few other Rooney's are playing football, if your mouth is as big in real life as it his hear you have got one big wake up call coming to you soon, good luck.

Blimey. You need to get out more, Flower.

Rooney is not a leader but a player who needs to be led. Booting some montenegran proved that.

Captaining your country is a massive honour, and I think a hell of a lot of people care that it's given to the right person.

Is the right person

- the player who shoots a colleague

- the player who beats up a dj for not playing phil collins

- the player who shags oap prostitutes behind his wife's back

- the player who fails to turn up for drugs tests

- the player who steals toilet seats from b&q

It's certainly a tough choice.

Blimey. You need to get out more, Flower.

Rooney is not a leader but a player who needs to be led. Booting some montenegran proved that.

Drinking under Weston Pier should be banned, Liniker,Sherarer, loads more have said the same, but no lets listen to JT, he's right, by the way do you know what a flower is?

Is the right person

- the player who shoots a colleague

- the player who beats up a dj for not playing phil collins

- the player who shags oap prostitutes behind his wife's back

- the player who fails to turn up for drugs tests

- the player who steals toilet seats from b&q

It's certainly a tough choice.

Scott Parker it is then

Also Goalkeepers do make great captains and he is probably on a par with Iker Casillas as the worlds best goalie imo.

Do we need to put this responsibility on Hart though, agree with what you say Casillas they are the best two, concentrate on his keeping though, not that added burden that comes being the Captain of your country, Casilla is Real captain but not Spain's if i am right in thinking.

Archived