IGNORED

Dirt On Journalists

The Original OTIB

Inerviewed on Talksport yesterday, Matt "Supercilious" Lawton defended his TV mate Custis by saying that Journalists merely report the actions of others and once it is "out there" it is right to report it.

In all of this, and many times before, I have no idea why NOBODY is going after Journalists. If I had a few million spare, and they'd had a pop at me, I'd have some P.I. snout digging up all sorts of stuff and getting it "out there". What have they got to lose?

These muppets think that they are untouchable. Just see how quickly they would seek gagging orders, etc. lest the truth be told...

So come on somebody in internet land, set up dirtonjournalists.com and they can share in the fun of character assassination...

yes, I'm mad as hell,

Inerviewed on Talksport yesterday, Matt "Supercilious" Lawton defended his TV mate Custis by saying that Journalists merely report the actions of others and once it is "out there" it is right to report it.

In all of this, and many times before, I have no idea why NOBODY is going after Journalists. If I had a few million spare, and they'd had a pop at me, I'd have some P.I. snout digging up all sorts of stuff and getting it "out there". What have they got to lose?

These muppets think that they are untouchable. Just see how quickly they would seek gagging orders, etc. lest the truth be told...

So come on somebody in internet land, set up dirtonjournalists.com and they can share in the fun of character assassination...

yes, I'm mad as hell,

As far as Journalist practices are concerned we have the Leveson Enquiry but I think that's probably as good as you're going to get.

"The Sun's editor Dominic Mohan said: "I'm as shocked as anyone by today's arrests but am determined to lead The Sun through these difficult times.

"I have a brilliant staff and we have a duty to serve our readers and will continue to do that. Our focus is on putting out Monday's newspaper."

A journalist at the newspaper told Sky: "Journalists at The Sun believe this is a witchhunt against one newspaper."

Mohan is a City fan, I'm sad to report.

When I was at Southampton Uni, he ran the student paper. I attended a couple of meetings, but was unhappy with the tabloid agenda it had started pursuing and decided to concentrate on 'real' journalism instead.

Some lazy blanket criticism of journalists on this thread. For every rogue reporter, there are 1,000 good ones whose work exposes rip-offs and crooks and holds our politicians to account.

Mainstream Journalists are absolute shit bags. They have to be otherwise there is no news to report.

Some lazy blanket criticism of journalists on this thread. For every rogue reporter, there are 1,000 good ones whose work exposes rip-offs and crooks and holds our politicians to account.

The majority of journalists are self serving shits that want a story over everything else and will use any excuse for sloppy work and inventing controversial bullshit. If this weren't the case, the majority of good ones would be exposing the bad ones wouldn't they?

I think it is actually, journalism has a culture of stitching people up for self benefit which is rife and very few other professions do.

I worked as a (non-tabloid) journalist for 20 years and never "stitched anyone up" and I don't know anyone who has. In most publications you'd lose your job if you did.

The Leveson Inquiry is about calling to account the minority of bad journalists and unsavoury practices which, guys like me and my co-workers (I still work with journalists), deplore as much as members of the public do.

Absolute Rubbish. If you take a look at all the tabloids put together, there isn't an ounce of good journalism in them! My 7yr old son could do better.

So what exactly what are all these imaginary good journalists doing.....twiddling there thumbs!

The vast majority of tabloid journalists are self serving arrogant shites, who think they're above the law!

The vast majority of tabloid journalists are self serving arrogant shites, who think they're above the law!

That's a bit different from saying all journalists are rogues. We have two daily tabloid papers in this country - arguably four if you count the middle-ground Mail and Express.

Most journalists work for local papers or broadcasters, trying to do their best on very poor money, or in magazines (ditto).

I know a few hundred probably. Now there are some lazy and some incompetent ones, but no "self-serving shits". At least not until you reach management level!

The majority of journalists are self serving shits that want a story over everything else and will use any excuse for sloppy work and inventing controversial bullshit. If this weren't the case, the majority of good ones would be exposing the bad ones wouldn't they?

Sorry Nibor but you haven't got a clue what you are talking about in this instance. How many journalists do you actually know? How much time have you spent in a media business seeing how newspapers, magazines and websites operate? None and none I'm guessing.

That's a bit different from saying all journalists are rogues. We have two daily tabloid papers in this country - arguably four if you count the middle-ground Mail and Express.

Most journalists work for local papers or broadcasters, trying to do their best on very poor money, or in magazines (ditto).

I know a few hundred probably. Now there are some lazy and some incompetent ones, but no "self-serving shits". At least not until you reach management level!

Your joking right? What exactly do you call middle ground about the Daily Fail and the Express?

Our local papers are almost as shite as the tabloids, and our local radio stations are a joke!

Poor wages! :laugh:! Most are on at least the national average wage!

Most magazines are just crap gossip columns full of pics of over priced celebrity weddings!

Journalists deserve the bad names they earned themselves...hopefully after Leveson enquiry that might change.

Sorry Nibor but you haven't got a clue what you are talking about in this instance. How many journalists do you actually know? How much time have you spent in a media business seeing how newspapers, magazines and websites operate? None and none I'm guessing.

You only have to read the bullshit they write to know Nibor's right, i don't need to work in the kitchen to know a restaurants food is shite!

Evidently, this topic has veered off course. We have matters of fact and matters of a generalised nature. The fact is that there are bad (in every sense of the word) journalists - the absolute numbers are another matter. The truth is that there has been little inclination to look at that until recently - another example here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Hari

unless you read Private Eye, of course - which has its moments in this regard.

What this profession should realise is that it should be open to the same scrutiny as the rest of society and not get on its high horse - always taking the moral high ground. If you want to go poking around for other folks skeletons, then don't expect to be exempt in return.

Yes there are many good ones, but this spotlight is on the bad.

Archived