IGNORED

I Have Complete Faith In Del

Brizzle Jordan

Okay so there are alot of fans on the radio and on here complaining about how awful we have been which is very true. People blaming Derek need to re-assess who really is the reason why we are finding it so difficult to compete.

At the end of the day the players are the ones who step over the white line and they quite clearly aren't good enough at this level so we will have to hope hard work and commitment gets us through to the end of the season and hopefully retains our championship status.

Del will definatley sell/release alot of players in the summer and re-build his own squad which will be alot smaller and hopefully have alot more quality, then can we only judge Del as a manager this time next season. I believe he's a good manager and with better quality of player he will bring us a good season next year if we are still in this league. He is highly rated for a reason and we'd all agree he comes across very well when he speaks also.

Let's all hope we pick up a few wins and Nottingham Forest, Doncaster and Coventry keep failing to get results. I still think we are in with a relative chance of survival so let's get 3 points tuesday.

COYR and In Del I Trust.

Think most of us have faith in Del.........it's the players most of us don't trust.

Our players need to pull their ******* fingers out and show some agrression/commitment/determination/bottle.

We need them to become nasty ********.................ain;t gonna happen is it.

BCAGFC

Okay so there are alot of fans on the radio and on here complaining about how awful we have been which is very true. People blaming Derek need to re-assess who really is the reason why we are finding it so difficult to compete.

At the end of the day the players are the ones who step over the white line and they quite clearly aren't good enough at this level so we will have to hope hard work and commitment gets us through to the end of the season and hopefully retains our championship status.

Del will definatley sell/release alot of players in the summer and re-build his own squad which will be alot smaller and hopefully have alot more quality, then can we only judge Del as a manager this time next season. I believe he's a good manager and with better quality of player he will bring us a good season next year if we are still in this league. He is highly rated for a reason and we'd all agree he comes across very well when he speaks also.

Let's all hope we pick up a few wins and Nottingham Forest, Doncaster and Coventry keep failing to get results. I still think we are in with a relative chance of survival so let's get 3 points tuesday.

COYR and In Del I Trust.i

I thought i had faith in del but i am beginning to think again.Firstly creating from midfield has been our biggest problem since loosing hartley. we had a decent striker in maynard who will score goals given the chances, wood doesnt do anything for me but he is not being given anything to go at either. So the obvious need is for a creator but we get a defender in foster i think del is after a centre half even though we have carey wilson fonts nyatanga. they might not be top notch but they are adequate for this season.The midfield and front men are not adequate and that should be dels focus so yes i am now doubting del and wish i wasnt.

I thought i had faith in del but i am beginning to think again.Firstly creating from midfield has been our biggest problem since loosing hartley. we had a decent striker in maynard who will score goals given the chances, wood doesnt do anything for me but he is not being given anything to go at either. So the obvious need is for a creator but we get a defender in foster i think del is after a centre half even though we have carey wilson fonts nyatanga. they might not be top notch but they are adequate for this season.The midfield and front men are not adequate and that should be dels focus so yes i am now doubting del and wish i wasnt.

Wood is Birminghams top scorer still, Adomah we know is a good player and JCR is a poor player, we need Bolasie back.

The midfield 3 of Cisse, Pearson and Elliot isn't the best but creative players are so hard to find and it looks like Cisse could be out for a considerable amount of time afting twisting his knee.

The only good player we have in defence is Fontaine, Foster has been okay but we need a centre half and a left back so Foster can go right back and put Skuse out of the side.

I feel like I'm butting in to a rather delicate area here, but I think this is a tricky situation..I'd imagine the players know a clear out is coming....how will this affect confidence? Will I be here? won't I? so motivation might be a problem. I think DM has been left to sort out a major bag of worms and I don't believe it will be easy or quick. Yes I may be biased but I think DM will sort it. Was it ever going to be fixed in 6 months?

COYR and In Del I Trust.

Worried after today, but one result then happier.

COYR and In Del I Trust.

i too have faith in mcinnes, but its starting to look worrying again....and while you say it is up to the players when they cross the white lineto deliver, it is also up to the management team to motivate them to the extent when they all give 100% to the cause, and even if you havent got the squad to deliver as you have stated, you can at least set out 11 players to give everything to the cause.....and unfortunately after a great start del is starting to wane a bit, and i still do not see any leaders on the pitch, blood and thunder in a relegation fight, and unfortunately this is what millen could not do through out the course of his tenure....

onwards and upwards and a win against palace will make thing look different and creep us nearer to the magic 50 point mark, but dont blinded by your faith in a manager who started great but is now facing problems

i too have faith in mcinnes, but its starting to look worrying again....and while you say it is up to the players when they cross the white lineto deliver, it is also up to the management team to motivate them to the extent when they all give 100% to the cause, and even if you havent got the squad to deliver as you have stated, you can at least set out 11 players to give everything to the cause.....and unfortunately after a great start del is starting to wane a bit, and i still do not see any leaders on the pitch, blood and thunder in a relegation fight, and unfortunately this is what millen could not do through out the course of his tenure....

onwards and upwards and a win against palace will make thing look different and creep us nearer to the magic 50 point mark, but dont blinded by your faith in a manager who started great but is now facing problems

There is no doubt the players are motivated, I think it's just down to general ability.

Got faith in what we can achieve with him but gonna be a tough ride.

How we can go around beating Southampton and not even bother turning up to other games.. It is the inconsistency I cannot understand.

Today sounded terrible.. we don't ask for that much. It's alright for Steady to moan on twitter but we really need some fight on the pitch.

Got faith in what we can achieve with him but gonna be a tough ride.

How we can go around beating Southampton and not even bother turning up to other games.. It is the inconsistency I cannot understand.

Today sounded terrible.. we don't ask for that much. It's alright for Steady to moan on twitter but we really need some fight on the pitch.

Think most of us have faith in Del.........it's the players most of us don't trust.

Our players need to pull their ******* fingers out and show some agrression/commitment/determination/bottle.

We need them to become nasty ********.................ain;t gonna happen is it.

A Chelsea fan on "You're on Sky Sports" said the same thing about his team's players tonight!

Don’t dislike the bloke, but no real track record in English Football (which is a mile away from the Scottish equivalent as we all know) and wouldn’t have been my personal choice to get City out of the cart. However he’s the Manager, picks the team, dictates the tactics and motivates the Players so the responsibility is ultimately his. I don’t accept that we don’t have a good enough squad of Players capable of performing consistently at this level either. I’ve watched a lot of Championship football over the last 4 years 40 % of it involving clubs other than City and we have a good a squad as any apart from West Ham and perhaps Cardiff. Something is clearly amiss and I don’t think it’s down to the Players lack of ability. Just my opinion of course and no doubt someone will shoot me down in flames but we have spent most of this season and all of last trying to figure out which is our best formation and line-up, Senior players have been in and out of the team like a cuckoo in a cuckoo clock and allowing for injuries this is very destructive to Squad morale. (Stead’s Tweet right or wrong, illustrates this) Del should decide on a line up and formation and stick with it if we are to get out of this morass, and of his signings to date I don’t think they are significantly better if at all, than the previous incumbents of that position.

I think Del is learning what a hard league the Champoinshipis, compared to Scotland. Everyone is trying to get to the promised land or avoiding the drop. We are up againist teams with bigger budgets. A lot of them with parachute payments from the Premier. Until the last two matches we have match most of the teams we have been up against. But with injures and players being sent off its been a diffuclute crouple of weeks, and promises to be until the end of the season. But i still feel Del and his team will save us. In Del i trust.

i was at the game today and it just seemed the players didn't have a clue. is that their fault or the managers? I dont know but the players need to find some grit and determination and get stuck in and actually shoot. Hopefully Del can encourage this and we can start grinding out a few more points.

I agree! Listening to him its obvious that he knows our weaknesses, and im sure he will resolve them! he is not a naive manager who thinks the current crop of players will "do the job" because its clear that they have no fight when we go behind, i cant remember the last time we have come from behind to win or even draw?

Del has that sort of scariness? or power? to give a players a wake up call unlike the likes of Millen!

Par for the course on here,

I don't care who the manager is (and I think McInnes is about as good as we could hope for), he won't be able to get this squad of soft little darlings performing consistently enough to compete in this division. They just haven't got it in them, losers in the main with not one leader amongst them. In terms of ability we are on a par with most, but ability alone is not enough. Nowhere near it.

It's a soft squad with some players very comfortable in their surroundings and it seems to me that some just like being footballers and have absolutely no ambition or the determination to get to as high as they can. Time for a lot to move on.

It's a shame that we were unable to get a couple of decent players on loan with the right attitude and we're now down to hoping that others go into admin or continue their bad form to see us ok - don't rely on these players to maintain championship status, they just aint up for a fight.

Agree with that. Del needs to shift a lot of these players out in the summer , if anyone will take them. The out of contract players , maybe with the exception of Cisse , can all go.

I'd like to see 12-15 of this squad go and bring in 7 or 8 with some balls about them.

I think Del is learning what a hard league the Champoinshipis, compared to Scotland. Everyone is trying to get to the promised land or avoiding the drop. We are up againist teams with bigger budgets. A lot of them with parachute payments from the Premier. Until the last two matches we have match most of the teams we have been up against. But with injures and players being sent off its been a diffuclute crouple of weeks, and promises to be until the end of the season. But i still feel Del and his team will save us. In Del i trust.

Not so long since Colin said we had the 8th highest wage bill in the league in fact. If any group of players can be accused of being overpaid it is undoubtedly ours. Goes to show that in football, as in politics and the City of London, there is no link between merit and reward. There is no price to pay for failure so why give a toss if you fail anyway?

What I can't figure out, and have never agreed with, is those who say the squad is "unbalanced" and that the manager "should be judged when he's brought his own team in".

A decent manager should be able to work with what he has - after all, isn't the squad he inherits the "balanced" team built by the previous manager? OK, there may be players whom he doesn't rate but, let's face it - this is supposed to be a team built by Millen, and before him, Johnson (who was also "the messiah" in some people's eyes).

I don't accept the old chestnut that "it's not his team, so don't judge him". McInnes was brought in to "steady the ship and ensure we survive". Apart from a few decent results when he first arrived, which got us out of the relegation zone, his team's performances and results of late have been relegation form and the only reason we are not in the bottom three is because the teams below are even worse.

Those who are waiting for the great McInnes to magically transform the squad in the summer are living in cloud cuckoo land. We need a team backbone of three or four players in central midfield and defence of good Championship quality and I cannot see where they are going to come from.

If we survive this season (and I believe this is not a foregone conclusion), McInnes will really need to live up to his reputation in the summer to turn us into an outfit capable of challenging the top teams. Personally, I can't see it - the team (and the Club, for that matter) have been on a downward spiral since peaking at the Playoff-final in 2008.

One of the main reasons for that was that Johnson stayed too long afterwards and while he was originally replaced by a manager who could have taken us forward in Coppell, the club took the cheap option when he resigned and appointed an inexperienced manager in Millen to take the reins. Now McInnes, another manager with no practical experience of the English league is expected to work miracles.

At this moment in time, I feel there is a good chance we will be playing League One football in the next season or two, unless the club can attract decent players who are comfortable at Championship level and McInnes learns quickly and susses how to manage a Championship football club - something he is currently failing at.

I feel like I'm butting in to a rather delicate area here, but I think this is a tricky situation..I'd imagine the players know a clear out is coming....how will this affect confidence? Will I be here? won't I? so motivation might be a problem. I think DM has been left to sort out a major bag of worms and I don't believe it will be easy or quick. Yes I may be biased but I think DM will sort it. Was it ever going to be fixed in 6 months?

It comes to something when someone hundreds of miles away can see the big picture that all our "fans" cannot.

Like when GJ took over he did what he had to do to keep us up and like GJ Del will have a completely different approach once this season and all that goes with it is behind us. Let's just hope he can keep us up in the meantime.

We are in a scrap now and we can whine and complain and blame whoever we like. It's not gonna do any good. WE THE FANS need to do our bit and get behind the club unroll safety is secured.

Your contribution is always welcome, and good, so feel free. An intelligent objective view is always a good thing.

I take your point yet the players who are the target of the fans ire and most likely to leave are largely those who don't get picked anyway and who will be out of contract. The likes of Hunt, Stewart and Johnson get far more abuse than those who are automatic picks and the ones actually delivering the poor performances and results. There is no indication that they will not all still be around next season. Too many have been here for donkey's years and are very much in their comfort zone, picking up a nice wedge for failure. It is their motivation I would question and be worried about if I were Del.

And no, it was never going to be a quick fix but if we had appointed Del a year ago things would look a lot better now imo. Right man, wrong timing.

It makes me laugh how people can criticize him for not bringing in a 'creative midfielder'. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who to bring in? If you do let me know and I will go down the creative midfield store and buy one! Ridiculous, yeah we need one but they don't grow on trees! We have no money, we are in an awful position and jan is not good for signing players. I think people seriously need to understand our situation, it's not as easy as just going out and signing players.

Look at the mess we are in from previous managers and seasons. I am sure Del and the club do not want this to happen ever again when we have signed woeful journeymen on big money or players who just are not good enough for this level. When signing a player you need to make sure they have a benefit to the team or can take you to another level or improve you from where we are at.

I have complete faith in Del, let's face it if it wasn't for him we would have been down by xmas and at least we have a chance. I don't trust half the players, hardly any of them good enough and a lot probably don't even care about the club.

Archived