IGNORED

My Apology And Thankyou To Brett Pitman

Brizzle Jordan

I'll admit i've not been very keen on Brett simply because I much prefer the 4-5-1 and do not think he suits that formation at all.

However I will now be comfortable for him to get some game time due to his performance tonight. I was just starting feel very down about our chances of survival but Brett has given me some belief back so I thankyou Brett. I've always knew Brett's goalscoring ability but didn't think he offered much else to the team but he has earned my respect now and I hope he gets a run of games to score us more goals.

COYR.

I'll admit i've not been very keen on Brett simply because I much prefer the 4-5-1 and do not think he suits that formation at all.

However I will now be comfortable for him to get some game time due to his performance tonight. I was just starting feel very down about our chances of survival but Brett has given me some belief back so I thankyou Brett. I've always knew Brett's goalscoring ability but didn't think he offered much else to the team but he has earned my respect now and I hope he gets a run of games to score us more goals.

COYR.

I'm always amused when people compalin that a player "only" scores goals. I'm old enough to remember people saying as much about Jimmy Greaves! Moyes got rid of Yakubu because he didn't "do enough" and he is now scoring goals in a bad team. Kevin Doyle is much admired for his prodigious work rate but rarely scores; fat lot of good he did Mick McCarthy. Surely better a player who scores goals and does little else than one who does lots and never scores?

I'm always amused when people compalin that a player "only" scores goals. I'm old enough to remember people saying as much about Jimmy Greaves! Moyes got rid of Yakubu because he didn't "do enough" and he is now scoring goals in a bad team. Kevin Doyle is much admired for his prodigious work rate but rarely score; fat lot of good he did Mick McCarthy. Surely better a player who scores goals and does little else than one who does lots and never scores?

+ 1, goalscorers are as rare as rattlesnake shit.

I'm always amused when people compalin that a player "only" scores goals. I'm old enough to remember people saying as much about Jimmy Greaves! Moyes got rid of Yakubu because he didn't "do enough" and he is now scoring goals in a bad team. Kevin Doyle is much admired for his prodigious work rate but rarely score; fat lot of good he did Mick McCarthy. Surely better a player who scores goals and does little else than one who does lots and never scores?

He scores goals but his overall play in a 4-5-1 isn't great. I however now am fine with Brett getting a few starts as it looks as if Wood is struggling.

Wood struggling? He was excellent tonight and him and Pitman looked really good together.

I wouldn't say wood was excellent! Worked hard but his touch was shocking! However he looked a different player when Brett come on!

Think they could both work well. Never thought I would say this but we have to go 4-4-2 now with Brett and Wood up top saturday.

I agree totally, but in the formation Del wants to play he's not going to run the channels or get in behind. He is a brilliant player at reacting first to a ball in the box and if we get the ball in the box often enough, i'm all for Brett playing.

Sure but I would suggest if you have a natural goalscorer it is best to play a formation that suits him. Maynard was never suited to the formation but was persisted with despite the goals drying up. Wood was supposed to be the man to make the system work but hasn't. Playing defensively and hoping someone might nick a goal just hasn't worked so time for Plan B. I cannot beleive Del is going to be like Millen and insist his tactics are right whatever the results. Changing your mind in the light of evidence shows strength but managers so often see it as weakness. Not Del I hope.

Sure but I would suggest if you have a natural goalscorer it is best to play a formation that suits him. Maynard was never suited to the formation but was persisted with despite the goals drying up. Wood was supposed to be the man to make the system work but hasn't. Playing defensively and hoping someone might nick a goal just hasn't worked so time for Plan B. I cannot beleive Del is going to be like Millen and insist his tactics are right whatever the results. Changing your mind in the light of evidence shows strength but managers so often see it as weakness. Not Del I hope.

I dont think Del is setting up to snatch 1-0 wins, I do understand Brett has goals in him as I always have but haven't seen him fitting in the team as a whole. Hopefully he will continue scoring no matter what formation we use.

I dont think Del is setting up to snatch 1-0 wins, I do understand Brett has goals in him as I always have but haven't seen him fitting in the team as a whole. Hopefully he will continue scoring no matter what formation we use.

Finally the penny drops, we haven't been scoring goals, Pitman has been given bit parts when we are losing or game lost, he needs a run of games, if he fails so be it, but if we don't play him we'll never know.

Wood struggling? He was excellent tonight and him and Pitman looked really good together.

He was excellent considering.

People need to realise he is a young kid, playing up top....on his own!! Against four defenders! With an abysmal midfield who offers no support!

As soon as he had someone working off him, he began to flourish

He was excellent considering.

People need to realise he is a young kid, playing up top....on his own!! Against four defenders! With an abysmal midfield who offers no support!

As soon as he had someone working off him, he began to flourish

I've no doubt he's got talent as he shown at Birmingham. Hopefully if Del does use 4-4-2 he can create some good understanding with Brett.

Finally the penny drops, we haven't been scoring goals, Pitman has been given bit parts when we are losing or game lost, he needs a run of games, if he fails so be it, but if we don't play him we'll never know.

whenever he gets a run he scores, or has so far. Clearly there are issues behind the scenes for him to be constantly overlooked. I hope these 2 goals earns him at the very least, a mini run in the team. he has dug the team out of the do do today, and deserves to build on it.

whenever he gets a run he scores, or has so far. Clearly there are issues behind the scenes for him to be constantly overlooked. I hope these 2 goals earns him at the very least, a mini run in the team. he has dug the team out of the do do today, and deserves to build on it.

of course and now DMC has a real problem for saturday, does he risk 4-4-2 or does persist with 4-5-1, whatever he goes with i'm pretty sure of one thing I know who will pay the price should the unthinkable happen on saturday.

of course and now DMC has a real problem for saturday, does he risk 4-4-2 or does persist with 4-5-1, whatever he goes with i'm pretty sure of one thing I know who will pay the price should the unthinkable happen on saturday.

I think either formation worries me :laugh: With our fragile defence and Peterboro's very attacking setup we will have to make the most of our counter attacks and set-pieces!

DM likes players that perform well in training and thats that Brett doe not do that i guess but scores goals end of.

He's one that saves it for the match now DM has to go 442

Archived