IGNORED

Chris Wood

bangers

Tonight proved , that with a partner Chris Wood can be a HUGE asset. Worked his socks off for 70 minutrs with no support at all......

But when Pitman came on Wood looked CLASS his touch and movement and link uP play with Brett was first class.

That header he had was quality and looked a real handful towards the end.

A Wood Pitman partnership could really be something special....!!

was going to post this mysefl!! when pitman came on lit up, look interested and control/touch link play was top draw, the boy really wants to win aswell, wood/pitman all the way

he was certainly up for it, that header sparoni saved was class, the save was even better !

Tonight proved , that with a partner Chris Wood can be a HUGE asset. Worked his socks off for 70 minutrs with no support at all......

But when Pitman came on Wood looked CLASS his touch and movement and link uP play with Brett was first class.

Totally spot on. I think Wood looked poor on his own, he worked hard but his hold up play and link up was awful. He didn't know whether to hold it up or lay it off etc and it just wasn't working.

However when Brett came on and started roaming around, playing off him and finding space, we looked a lot better side and Wood came into his own. He had someone to knock the ball down too, had someone playing off him and to be fair that's the best we have looked going forward for a long time, even if it was a bit direct! I think given a chance they could both compliment each other well.

A post that I was going to compose myself..

Two up top must be the order for the rest of the season, and as you so rightly say, Pitman and Wood seemed to combine seamlessly last night.

would of scored himself if it wasn't for a fantastic save at the end as well,

Cracking player, good come back

We have to build on it if we can go on a mini run now say 5 unbeaten picking 2 or 3 wins then it will look alot better,

We've been luck our bad run coincided with the bottom 3 having a bad run too

Definitely have to go 2 up front. The central midfielders will just have to sort themselves out. Tell Marv not to run around like a headless chicken would be a start. Cisse and Skuse might be ok in a midfield 2? Just get the ball wide as quick as possible...

Or play 3 at the back...

Not 3 at the back. Marv and Kilkenny or Marv and Cisse would be ok in the middle i think, Pearson left, Adomah right. Skuse right back, Foster left back.

Agreed it has to be Cisse plus 1 more. He is the only one with discipline. It seems to me that the trade off this season has been playing one up front to accomodate Kilkenny in a forward role. This has effectively meant no room for Pitman. Whilst I like Kilkenny I would rather have Brett in the side now, which means changing the formation and dropping Kilkenny...

I agree with the two up front bit, but as I posted last night on another thread , we may need to bulk up midfield and sacrifice Albert . I think may be using Albert as inpact sub or "trump card"

Just a thought ! Perhaps it may work out well when we have a struggling side

I do have a lit of time for Albert but at times it's are only outlet and we get found out early ,ie 2 men on Albert good night city !

Just a thought guys , 2 traditional strikers up front solid mid filed , cisse marv pearson skuse ? Or swap 1 for killkenny ??

Be gentle with me !!!!!

I agree with the two up front bit, but as I posted last night on another thread , we may need to bulk up midfield and sacrifice Albert . I think may be using Albert as inpact sub or "trump card"

Just a thought ! Perhaps it may work out well when we have a struggling side

I do have a lit of time for Albert but at times it's are only outlet and we get found out early ,ie 2 men on Albert good night city !

Just a thought guys , 2 traditional strikers up front solid mid filed , cisse marv pearson skuse ? Or swap 1 for killkenny ??

Be gentle with me !!!!!

If we take albert out who plays right midfield?

It takes two men to mark him which should be creating space in other areas of the pitch which we have not be exploting

If we take albert out who plays right midfield?

It takes two men to mark him which should be creating space in other areas of the pitch which we have not be exploting

Exactly right. Sometimes I think Albert should swap wings during games to confuse the defenders. Obviously they are told to double up on him on the right but if he swapped wings for 10 minutes would they be able to adjust quickly enough?

Exactly right. Sometimes I think Albert should swap wings during games to confuse the defenders. Obviously they are told to double up on him on the right but if he swapped wings for 10 minutes would they be able to adjust quickly enough?

if you watch him and yannock have been swapping quite often, although i didn't notice it last night tbh

Plenty of right footed midfielders ! We don't have to play with a winger, do we ?

I do get the bit about 2 men on albert to free up others, the problem is that ant working !

Not convened myself but slightly worried we see Albert as the pre-madonna , when perhaps just perhaps he is not providing what our team needs ie strengh and delivery ! How many times should of Albert delivered the cross or killer pass only to try and run through 3 or 4 defenders , and 9 times out of 10 failing !!!!

This is not a beat up Albert post just a "stand back and look"

Once again, not convinced myself, just a thought !!!

Plenty of right footed midfielders ! We don't have to play with a winger, do we ?

I do get the bit about 2 men on albert to free up others, the problem is that ant working !

Not convened myself but slightly worried we see Albert as the pre-madonna , when perhaps just perhaps he is not providing what our team needs ie strengh and delivery ! How many times should of Albert delivered the cross or killer pass only to try and run through 3 or 4 defenders , and 9 times out of 10 failing !!!!

This is not a beat up Albert post just a "stand back and look"

Once again, not convinced myself, just a thought !!!

having a right foot doesn't mean you can play on the right wing though, if your a central midfielder by trade you will drift into middle leaving space and the fullback exposed (think out left midfield problems and mcallister)

Yes you don't have to go with a winger but don't expect many crosses coming in or no overlaping,

I can only think of albert or yannock who can play there and maybe foster

having a right foot doesn't mean you can play on the right wing though, if your a central midfielder by trade you will drift into middle leaving space and the fullback exposed (think out left midfield problems and mcallister)

Yes you don't have to go with a winger but don't expect many crosses coming in or no overlaping,

I can only think of albert or yannock who can play there and maybe foster

You can play almost any right footed midfielder there, after all you could class it as right midfield, not right winger.

Personally i would stick with albert, just get some of the numbnuttz in midfield to use their brain and utilise the space Albert is making for them

I've noticed it a bit but still think we are quite rigid in our thinking and style of play. As you said before Albert having 2 men marking him should create space for others, so why the hell aren't we capitalising on it?

I think we generally lack pace in the middle (up front and centre mid) which could explain it that or other players arent as sharp as they should be,

If we get that maloney charactor (or some one similar) then I think that problem will be solved, Kilkenny I don't think he's as good as he's made out to be and cisse skuse and elliot all good players but only marv has an eye for goal and they are all workhorsmenlike/

TRL i agree you can play anyone there but I still think we'd have the problem as we all witnessed on the left of a that player drifting inside leaving space, at least with albert we have pace and he does track back and tackle

How can people even consider dropping Albert? Once again he was by far our most dangerous outlet and on numerous occasions completely skinned Parr.....almost every time.

2nd half he quietness down but he is still a class act and by far our best player.

I've noticed it a bit but still think we are quite rigid in our thinking and style of play. As you said before Albert having 2 men marking him

should create space for others, so why the hell

aren't we capitalising on it?

Sounds like it's just me that is not convinced with Albert , think he is an important squad member , but not convinced of his midfield ability if we have 2 up front , especially considering are shaky back 4 ,

Wingers need to deliver quality crosses and killer balls ! I don't see enough from Albert, after saying that I do credit his close ball control and trickery, just not sure that's what we need right now , if we want 2 up front !??!

How can people even consider dropping Albert? Once again he was by far our most dangerous outlet and on numerous occasions completely skinned Parr.....almost every time.

2nd half he quietness down but he is still a class act and by far our best player.

different games will call for it,

Albert isn't super human and he has started to look a bit jaded, so I can understand the calls to try somthing different,

We have also been over reliant on him and we have to get away from this as we become a one dimentional team which others have worked out recently

Glad to see people a thinking rather than ranting ! Thanks

Look guys , lack of goals , lack of shots, good strikers not getting goals ! What's the common denominator all season ? Not the back 4 or front men ???

Creative midfielders ? Or wingers delivering chances for others?

Some times we all get caught in the head lights ! Perhaps ?

Once again , what an impact player to have on the bench !!

Archived