IGNORED

Richard Foster

Robbie_Turner

Saw his debut v Doncaster, thought he was just about ok.

2 of the goals v Hull came from his side where he just wasn't quick enough and didn't get a challenge in.

Tonight I really just thought he was nothing short of awful. Didn't tackle, wasn't quick enough , when he attempted a tackle he didn't get the ball often enough. He panicked a couple of times in the box, once James made a great save, the 2nd time he was fortunate to clear having missed his kick completely !!

I'm not one to jump on someone's case as per Woolford for example, I have remained tight lipped, but I'm sorry to say that this bloke doesn't look like a good footballer at all, in fact he looks like a very poor footballer that is going to struggle and get found out more and more.

Some will shoot me down for saying this so quick into his career with us, but I don't think I'll be wrong in the long run. He ain't nowhere near good enough.

Look at the facts I've pointed out and they are just the ones I could fit into a brief description.

He's shocking and whilst we're at it McGivern isn't much better. !

I haven't written him off - I'm saying in my opinion he's crap !! Let's see who is right in 3 months, 6 months, 12 months if you like. He won't have a very successful career here based on what I've seen so far. I'm not a massive Skuse fan either but he's international quality up to Foster !!!

Whys it a stupid post then Dave ??? I've followed City home and away for 39 years and have seen players come and go, some good, some very poor.

Dress it up anyway you like but wether its 5 games of 50 games based on what I've seen he simply is nowhere near good enough.

Seems to me you're the one being silly by attacking my post. People agree people disagree and people agree to disagree, but to dismiss my post as stupid is arrogant and rather daft seeing as you haven't explained why mr foster is sooo good ??

Can't see how he is any worse than McGivern, McAllister, Carey or Nyatanga so think this criticism is a bit harsh!

I can't see what Carey's done to be included in that post. He's been our best defender when he's played.

Foster, for me, was very inconsistent tonight. He didn't have the pace to cope with their wingers but once Palace sat back and tried to defend their lead (does that ever work?) he got up more and was able to deliver some good balls in.

But then, I feel he probably wasn't on hisbest side of the pitch.

Thought he was poor tonite (still not as bad as mcgivern though) but has been generally sound was good against donny, good against reading, ok against Leeds can't comment on hull but having seen him a few time he has looked better at left back but I think he's been a decent signing

ITK You want Mciness out im guessing..

What a stupid post. So because I dont rate 1 of his signings I want him sacked ???

On the contrary actually, regardless of what division were in next season , I'd like ro see Del as the man to take us forward.

Satisfied or is someone else on here gonna slate me for having an opinion...?

I guess it's cause you keyboard warriors look at how many posts I've made is it ...Ahh I get it now.

What a stupid post. So because I dont rate 1 of his signings I want him sacked ???

On the contrary actually, regardless of what division were in next season , I'd like ro see Del as the man to take us forward.

Satisfied or is someone else on here gonna slate me for having an opinion...?

I guess it's cause you keyboard warriors look at how many posts I've made is it ...Ahh I get it now.

I'd ignore them mate. When someone questions something, and gives evidence to try and back it up, if it doesn't fit well with the majority, petty jibes and made up claims will be thrown at you to belittle you.

At least you are not a sheep.

I personally do not think he is quite as bad as you make out, I think he is quicker than you give him credit for. That said, i too cannot say I have been massively impressed. An improvement over what we already have? well over McGivern yes, but in terms of really improving the team, not yet. Time will tell once he has properly settled in to theteam and the area

I'd ignore them mate. When someone questions something, and gives evidence to try and back it up, if it doesn't fit well with the majority, petty jibes and made up claims will be thrown at you to belittle you.

At least you are not a sheep.

I personally do not think he is quite as bad as you make out, I think he is quicker than you give him credit for. That said, i too cannot say I have been massively impressed. An improvement over what we already have? well over McGivern yes, but in terms of really improving the team, not yet. Time will tell once he has properly settled in to theteam and the area

Thanks TRL , a constructive opinion. One which I fully understand and respect by the way !

I hope you're right about settling in to the team and area, my initial assessment of him obviously isn't good - I just don't see how he's of the standard of what we already have, let alone better.

Anyway, whilst he pulls on our shirt , I'll be behind him as with any other player.

Thanks TRL , a constructive opinion. One which I fully understand and respect by the way !

I hope you're right about settling in to the team and area, my initial assessment of him obviously isn't good - I just don't see how he's of the standard of what we already have, let alone

better.

Anyway, whilst he pulls on our shirt , I'll be behind him as with any other player.

You are entitled to your opinion ITK. It can sometimes be refreshing for someone to have an opinion that is different to others.

However I do agree with TRL. Fosters main asset is his pace and although he doesn't look great defensively, due to this pace he can often

get himself out of trouble!

He still has to do a bit and I am sure he will improve, I thought he was poor last night but

towards the end, bar one over hit ball his crossing was decent. I think in time he will win you round.

My main concern last night was McGivern. Looked so out of his depth, and its safe to say he just isn't good enough! No way near championship level in my opinion and is our constant weak link when he plays! I can see him ending up in league 1 or 2 I'm afraid.

At least with Foster he does have some reasonable attributes.

The games he has played at left back he has looked much much better than at right back which is odd!

Totally agree. Looks much more composed and more comfortable at LB. I'm surprised that with the way their RW was skinning McGivern all night, we didn't start with RF at LB.

I can't see what Carey's done to be included in that post. He's been our best defender when he's played.

Spot on here. As I posted last night, McManus will have to show a massive improvement from his efforts yesterday to convince me he should keep out LC, if that is what he is here for. i.e first choice CB with Fonts. (who also had a few shaky moments in the game).

Totally agree. Looks much more composed and more comfortable at LB. I'm surprised that with the way their RW was skinning McGivern all night, we didn't start with RF at LB.

Spot on here. As I posted last night, McManus will have to show a massive improvement from his efforts yesterday to convince me he should keep out LC, if that is what he is here for. i.e first choice CB with Fonts. (who also had a few shaky moments in the game).

You have to remember we were up against the Zaha who is destined for massive things, Awesome talent.

You have to remember we were up against the Zaha who is destined for massive things, Awesome talent.

Of course, but we knew this beforehand, so perhaps should have set things up to try to nullify his attacks or at least match his pace. Other teams do this against Albert.

McGovern lacks pace and last night this was shown up very clearly on several occasions. I wonder if Zaha would have got past Foster so easily?

Look at the facts I've pointed out and they are just the ones I could fit into a brief description.

He's shocking and whilst we're at it McGivern isn't much better. !

I haven't written him off - I'm saying in my opinion he's crap !! Let's see who is right in 3 months, 6 months, 12 months if you like. He won't have a very successful career here based on what I've seen so far. I'm not a massive Skuse fan either but he's international quality up to Foster !!!

"I haven't written him off - I'm saying in my opinion he's crap!!"

Makes sense..

Can't judge him on last night as he hasn't even trained with our squad yet so wouldn't have any understanding with Fonts,

Give him a week or so to settle in before writing him off,

As for foster I think he's been pretty good and is the best fullback we currently have

"I haven't written him off - I'm saying in my opinion he's crap!!"

Makes sense..

Yeah from what I've seen so far in my opinion he is crap, that doesn't mean I'm not open minded or big enough to admit that should my opinion change in a game or 10 games time or however long then I'll be big enough to admit it.

At least I'm putting an opinion forward and not just trying unsuccessfully to nit pick at others posts and contributing nothing to what is supposed to be a forum !!!

2 of the goals v Hull came from his side where he just wasn't quick enough and didn't get a challenge in.

By the time they scored the third he had long since switched to right-back.

I haven't written him off - I'm saying in my opinion he's crap !!

I'm not saying he's crap, but what I am saying is that he's crap.

Foster reminds me of Ivan Sproule from behind :laughcont: but seriously i thought he had an okayish game. He is a two footed player and proves more with his technical ability than his pace which is useful for tackling but he did hold his own even if it was nothing special. McGivern was the clear out of form defender for me.

Archived