IGNORED

Peterborough Pubs

Lichfield eastend

Am traveling on my own to the game from Lichfield,anyone know of away friendly pubs in and around the ground. COYR,

Can't help with the names of pubs, but keep an eye out if you are on your own. Peterborough, surprisingly, have a nasty bunch of boys who have regularly had a pop at the games that i have been upto London Road. Not big in numbers, but a horrible bunch with a chip on their shoulder who like to try and make a name for themselves.

Believe I went to The Cherry Tree pub on Oundle Road last time. Parked there also.

As I say, I don't know the name of the pub, but one on the main road outside the ground used to charge you to park, but give you a voucher for that amount to use in the pub. That was a few years ago though.

The Cherry Tree on Oundle Road is still visiting fan friendly.

Coming from Lichfield on the A14/604, cross the A1 onto the A1139 Fletton Parkway. As you approach each junction there is a number in one of the bottom corners of the direction signs. Junction 3 turn left onto the Nene Parkway and get into the left hand lane. Off at the next junction "Orton Malborne & Woodston Industry", up that slip road and turn right crossing the parkway. Down Morley Way and left into Shrewsbury Avenue. At the end there's traffic lights where you turn right onto Oundle Road.

Less than a mile along on your right side is The Palmerston Arms, a Bateman's pub that sells guest real ales & ciders. Also on your right will be The Boro Bar, but that's home fans only. Then on your left comes the Cherry Tree. In the past they've allowed you to park there for a fee which is partially refunded if you then buy a drink in the pub.

If not bothered about pubs, drive just a little further, pass under the railway and immediately turn left into a large pay & display car park. The ground is diagonally on your right. with pedestrian crossings to get over London Road.

On London Road opposite the ground is a KFC if you want a bite before or after the game.

• SC&T Board Members

This place has also been in touch. Don't know anything more about it other than what they say here, but may be worth a try:

"Hi There,

For all those coming to see Peterborough United Vs Bristol City on Saturday, if you are looking for a great Sports Bar visit us at ‘The Sports Lounge, King Street, Peterborough. PE1 1LT’ We will be open from 11am and showing FA Cup action with Chelsea Vs Birmingham City at 12pm + Aviva Premiership Rugby with Bath Vs Gloucester at 2pm on our 7 HD TV’s .We are only a ten minute walk from the Peterborough United ground.

We have Becks Vier, Bud 4.3, Fosters, Kronenbourg 1664, John Smith & Strongbow on tap + a massive range of bottled lagers, ale’s & ciders. It is an intimate cozy venue with a great atmosphere and friendly staff and people and we are away fan’s friendly … Make sure you look us up for the game tomorrow … We look forward to seeing you there …

We also have a facility for FREE Parking for Mini-Busses out the bar in a secure car park. Please contact us direct if you are interested in parking your mini-bus out the back behind our bar on:

(01733) 688434 or 07961 033754 asking for Ian or Simon."

I'll be going in 1 of the 2 wetherspoons either the drapers as you walk to the centre from the station or out the way a bit to the college arms which is cheaper and not as busy. If the drapers doesn't look too busy I'll go in there if I'm feeling too lazy to walk to the other one.

Archived