IGNORED

At Peterborough And Dire !

DT The Optimist

On my lap top staying at family in PETERBORO. A game I have always done. Over the years have seen good and bad from the city at this place. This ranks as bad as it gets. First half not one shot on goal. The posh might as well left the keeper in the changing room.

McInnes got it wrong playing Pitman up front with Albert. never looked like working. towards end of the half he put him wide. Woods coming on gave us a rally, and a few half chances, but then back to normal. second best all over the park. Our Midfield simply could not match theirs, and they have a little terrier from Man ure running the show. (Tunnicliffe?)

Sadly we are a poor now as we were under keef. My hope is that Mcinnes will weild the axe and bring the quality we need in the middle of the park with loan signings to secure championship status for next season. The honeymoon is over, good and proper.

Out with my brother who lives here tonight. I think I am in for some grade 1 sh1te !!

On my lap top staying at family in PETERBORO. A game I have always done. Over the years have seen good an bad from the city at this place. Tis ranks as bad as it gets. First half not one shot on goal. The posh might as ell left the keeper in the changing room.

McInnes got it wrong playing Pitman up front with Albert. never looked like working. towards end of the half he put him wide. Woods coming on gave us a rally, and a few half chances, but then back to normal. second best all over the park. Our Midfield simply could not match theirs, and they have a little terrier from man ure running the show. (Tunnicliffe?)

Sadly we are a poor now as we were under keef. My hope is that Mcinnes will weild the axe and bring the quality we need in the middle of the park with loan signings to secure championship status for next season. The honeymoon is over, good and proper.

Out with my brother who lives here tonight. I think I am in for some grade 1 sh1te !!

For a optimist you sound a bit down.

Well done for going DT, and to the other 486.

Did the players acknowledge the fans at the end?

No. All trudged off. I was sat in the stand with my brother. Were not a happy bunch,players or the few in the away end. 486 ? Seemed very sparsely populated !!

Re the midfield I thought Elliot had a stinker. All arms and legs and running, nothing else. I thought they simply bossed us over the park, from a struggling team as well. That is the worry.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Listening to 20man, Ian (Bristol Boy on here as was), said that he'd asked McInnes if he was planning to bring in a creative midfielder. He responded saying "No. Why would I want to do that" ?

Did he really say that ? I lost interest after his apology ?

FFS if thats true then he can **** right off and quit now !

Today was Posh's 1st win of 2012. 10 years ago we lost 4-1 up here but had won the 5 games since. Today though;

In the first 15 mins Foster twice gave the ball awayin dangerous positions. After that he improved.

The entire team just were not there for the first 30 mins.

1 shot in the entire 1st half and that went over the roof & out into London Road.

2nd half City started much better and threatened; why couldn't they do this 45 mins ago I asked myself.

Throughout the game City players appeared to wait for a ball to reacgh them whereas the P'boro' players went for the ball. When City did have the ball, the players seemed far too slow on it resulting in a swift tackle. Posh reminded me of a pack of terriers.

Off the field; PUFC appear to keep their costs down as although there were loads of Stewards around, I could only see 6 Policemen in the ground and 4 of those were sat in the stand. Only £18 to get in, but the food & drink prices! Mars bar - £1, tea or coffee etc - £2.

Pleasing article in the programme featuring ten. City Captains of years gone by; White, Atyeo, Rooks, Merrick, Gow, Ritchie, Hutchinson, Newwman, Taylor & Carey. Oh for 10 outfield players like that today; I' trust I'll forget the game much quicker than that group of players.

"and they have a little terrier from Man ure running the show. (Tunnicliffe?)" - Sir Alex was at the game today; supporting his son, or watching a loaned out player?

I am making plenty of money out of this pathetic excuse for an away side……………..the last three away games I have bet 2-0 and 3-0 to the home side on Betfair………normally around 10-1 and 16-1…………..as much as it pains me to say it, as soon as the first goal goes in I start counting my money……….we really are a very poor team, and with Ipswich away coming up next, may I suggest a wager, which at least is monetary compensation for having to support this dreadful team…………and of course if a miracle should happen, and instead of folding like warm laundry……. we should score, or even (and yes I know I am dreaming) draw or win a game…….then the warmth and delirium felt by that dramatic (and unlikely) turn of events will surely make up for any financial embarrassment……………Yes it's a Win - Win situation. Isn't following City just wonderful!!

I am making plenty of money out of this pathetic excuse for an away side……………..the last three away games I have bet 2-0 and 3-0 to the home side on Betfair………normally around 10-1 and 16-1…………..as much as it pains me to say it, as soon as the first goal goes in I start counting my money……….we really are a very poor team, and with Ipswich away coming up next, may I suggest a wager, which at least is monetary compensation for having to support this dreadful team…………and of course if a miracle should happen, and instead of folding like warm laundry……. we should score, or even (and yes I know I am dreaming) draw or win a game…….then the warmth and delirium felt by that dramatic (and unlikely) turn of events will surely make up for any financial embarrassment……………Yes it's a Win - Win situation. Isn't following City just wonderful!!

Happy for you. NOT.

Have to say, as someone who puts on the occasional bet and is short of cash atm, could have done so today on a Peterborough win and made a few quid. Didn't though, out of loyalty to City. Similarly, a mate of mine asked me whether he should say City or Crawley for his accumulator- I told him City, again out of loyalty rather than my betting instincts.

:city: We did have a good period just after half time until they scored there 2nd but for the rest of the game we were SECOND BEST as they got there tactics right and were quicker to the ball and wanted it more,part of that was down to the fact that they were all comfortable playing 4-4-2 and all knew there jobs.

On another point their left back Briggs had the beating of Albert all game and looked a class act.

We should be better than teams like Peterborough.

Archived