IGNORED

How Much Faith Do You Have In Mcinnes?

hippy273

Fact is we haven't got a clue. Give him 2 years and Cheese could be right. Alternatively with his own squad we could be flying, but we said that about Millen this time last year. What worries me is the fact that we're getting stuffed with a certain regularity that's doing nothing for our goal difference come the end of season reckoning, and doesn't fit with the obviously negative tactics we're employing at present.

It's difficult to find anything positive to say about the management or the squad at present which is presumeably why we spend so much time on another thread debating the size of points deduction we're wishing upon Portsmouth.Desperate times.

Whatever eveybody's thoughts on Mcinnes, there is not very long left this season so we have to fully get behind the team!

If you love him or hate him, he is not going anywhere and being negative will only make things worse, Very hard I know especially when were hammered 3-0 but we have to make the most of a bad situation!

Get behind the team @ForzaRevolution or on facebook (ForzaRevolution) and lets make sure were doing our part!

FORZA REVOLUTION - The future is unknowable but the past should give us hope

I have complete faith in Mcinnes, he has a squad with only a couple of decent championship players. We have moved some of the dead wood on, we haven't replaced Maynard, and we will get a lot more off the books in the summer. No one could do much more with this lot than del at this moment.

I don't get all this same team as millen stuff. He now has 4 of his own players.

Well sort off. What we don't know is what's going on behind the sceens. SL has no interest in signing any Championship standard players at all. Del boy has 4 of his own players in, well 4 players in the budget that SL has given him.

I'm pretty sure Del would have different 4 players in if he could (GOOD ONES!) but LOAN PLAYERS, or should I say GOOD LOAN PLAYERS cost, and as it is SL is not in the mood, so Del has only the option of Loan players that can't get into their own teams (WHY IS THAT?) or young good players THAT COST, or Jason Roberts etc (Has Jason scored for reading yet :laugh:) so sorry we are ****** big time, and off to L1. But as I said earlier in another thread, the players are L1 STANDARD anyway so should fit in well!

Just a question from an outsider; If Keith Millen was so bad, how come his team (not too different from this one) put together a run of 6 or so consecutive wins this time last year, which ensured safety? I don't buy the idea that the squad is not good enough this season. If a poor manager such as Millen could achieve that, why can't it happen again this season? His squad got 60 points last season.

Weaker division last year maybe?

S****horpe were always battling against the tide, Preston were shambolic defensively- Brown came about 2 months too late to have a shot at saving them and Sheffield United mismanaged. On the other hand, Brighton on the rise, some money, Southampton- well they're being run properly and having a great season and momentum and Peterborough are half decent- certainly superior to S****horpe who were always sliding post Adkins.

West Ham are a bona fide decent sized to big club and under Big Sam were always likely to be top 2, dare say improvement on QPR, Swansea and Norwich are smaller clubs (though fine footballing sides) than Birmingham who are always at the top end in this League and then Blackpool though probably the smallest of the 6 had PL experience, then added Phillips so were likely to be there or thereabouts.

Then you have sides in this League- Derby have improved, Middlesborough have clearly improved, Palace under Freedman really look a different proposition this year. Barnsley under Hill also better. These are just off the top of my head, I'm sure others can add more examples.

We though have stood still- when we combine that with the above, it'll always be a struggle. Add that to the fact that our godawful start set us back big time and it's a minor miracle we're 5th bottom, 6 pts off 22nd.

There is a rotten culture of complacency and comfort at AG.

Something that every manager will never beat.

The only way is a clearout COMPLETELY from McInnes this summer - regardless of which division we find ourselves.

To many jobs for the boys - to many backs to scratch.

From the cleaner upwards, its all about me,me ,me.

If BCFC want to survive and evolve then the clearout,of 90% of the players and 95% of the coaching and backroom staff MUST be started by McInnes at seasons end.

An immediate family member was an 'inner-circle' employee.

So I can use this word safely - FACT.

Couldn't agree more.

Doesn't take a genius to see that the manager is not the main problem here, it's the club. When I think of this club all I can think is "how nice it must be to know your job is safe even if you do a shit job because the manager will take the bullet".

This club has a terrible knack of keeping people on just because they've been here a long time or rewarding someone for showing an ounce of loyalty. This club needs to stop being a ****ing door mat, man up and take control of the situation.

How much faith do you have in McInnes now? I still believe we will stay up and if we don't it will go down to the last game. McInnes has still been left with the same team Millen was so I guess we can't expect fireworks. We might get another point against Blackpool as we did at home against Palace last home game.

Is McInnes still the man to take us forward?

Yes, regardless of where we finish.

Not a great deal of faith in McInnes to be frank, Ive given him the benefit of the doubt and what not, but the continued tactical naivety, lack of goals and strange team selections that blighted other managers, have reared their ugly head again. This time though McInnes has largely had a clearout of the back room staff and bought in a number of his own players to resolve this but its like nothing has changed

We arent progressing as a team or building to something better and if anything are getting worse than we were under Millen,as our impotency upfront is even more marked

Yes, there are more points on the board than under Millens reign but since the end of November we have been dire, hardly scoring, conceding at an alarming rate and capitulating left right and centre.

Hardly the stuff of managerial legend. A slump in form I could see, if there were signs that things were being changed for the better or there was something building, however winning 3 in 14... is rubbish and scoring about 9 in the same period tells its own story, There is then the cup exit at Crawley.

Its certainly McInne's biggest test since being, here and at present he isnt justifying the hype and praise he got when he first signed. Why people are so certain that he deserves this or he deserves that, much in the same way that Millen did, despite offering nowt is mystifying at this stage.

If he turns stuff around then great. At present though, saying he is happy with midfielders as per RB iirc, signing overpriced defenders to cover the cracks in defence and a toothless incohesive team, dont really suggest that it will happen. Its not impatience at wanting to be wonderful and uber amazing.

Its that we are now on manager number3/4 in the last few years and the same problems have repeated over and over, the fans give new hope to the new guy and then its oh give him time, then preseason and then his own players and then he is building his own destiny

Managers hit the ground running and stay there or at least start showing something. Here at Bristol City, we will just wait and wait and wait and maybe eventually get fed up if a manager shows up and does nothing, because it will come right in the end. However it rarely, if at all does come right for us and clearly its too much to ask that a manager comes in and does something, from the offset and perhaps look like there are some green shoots. Perhaps that's too straightforward?

I don't agree with a lot of your views, however I think you have really hit the nail on the head with this posting.

The recent efforts and results give scant encouragement, and coupled with strange formations and new players yet to impress, hardly form the foundations for total confidence.

I'm more in the praying%20smiley.gif , rather than :worship2: , category.

Doesn't take a genius to see that the manager is not the main problem here, it's the club. When I think of this club all I can think is "how nice it must be to know your job is safe even if you do a shit job because the manager will take the bullet".

This club has a terrible knack of keeping people on just because they've been here a long time or rewarding someone for showing an ounce of loyalty. This club needs to stop being a ****ing door mat, man up and take control of the situation.

To be fair both Walsh and Naylor have gone since McInnes arrived but I take the point that there seems something inherent within the club that no recent managers have been able to address.

Take yesterdays first half poor performance. We all thought that after the Palace fight back that City would be up for it, go on the front foot and play with tempo and momentum. And what happened? Nothing. How do you explain that? You can blame the manager but the same thing used to happen under previous managers. Inherent inertia I call it. A kind of player mindset that's been there for at least 4 season's. No wonder McInnes was so despondent after yesterdays game.

There are players that have been at City throughout. Carey,Fontaine, Elliot and Skuse but only two of them played yesterday so its not as if its down to particular players.

A complete overall of the club might remedy it.

I would say there is not a lot he can do with some of our pathetically weak minded players and he needs backing from the fans rather than us getting on his back.

In the summer he will get his own team so the time to judge him is this time next season.

We are where we are probably because of Mcinnes, make no mistake we would more or less be down now if Millen was still in charge

To be fair both Walsh and Naylor have gone since McInnes arrived but I take the point that there seems something inherent within the club that no recent managers have been able to address.

Take yesterdays first half poor performance. We all thought that after the Palace fight back that City would be up for it, go on the front foot and play with tempo and momentum. And what happened? Nothing. How do you explain that? You can blame the manager but the same thing used to happen under previous managers. Inherent inertia I call it. A kind of player mindset that's been there for at least 4 season's. No wonder McInnes was so despondent after yesterdays game.

There are players that have been at City throughout. Carey,Fontaine, Elliot and Skuse but only two of them played yesterday so its not as if its down to particular players.

A complete overall of the club might remedy it.

I think we have just gotten worse since they've left. We have less coaches and whether Wigley played any part it certainly seems to be taking a toll. Less experienced coaches maybe?

When Sir Alex Ferguson took over United the fans questioned him, especially when they had a bad run of form that saw them end below where they expected. It took him 3 years to win something and this is one of the greatest managers of all time and our fans are moaning that 2 years may to "too long" to give him.

Honestly the problem with a new manager is he can't make the club what he wants unless he has 100% backing from the board (something I don't think our board has ever given a manager) and if he cannot have that backing then he needs more time to shape and mould.

We can all see that no matter who manages this squad there is something a lot deeper than the manager and I honestly think it's the board and their unwillingness to fully back a manager and allow him to mould the club. McInnes won't ever turn this club around if he has the team, the fans and the board all fighting him, he needs all three to be backing him and doing what he wants, only time will see if he gets that.

When Sir Alex Ferguson took over United the fans questioned him, especially when they had a bad run of form that saw them end below where they expected. It took him 3 years to win something and this is one of the greatest managers of all time and our fans are moaning that 2 years may to "too long" to give him.

Honestly the problem with a new manager is he can't make the club what he wants unless he has 100% backing from the board (something I don't think our board has ever given a manager) and if he cannot have that backing then he needs more time to shape and mould.

We can all see that no matter who manages this squad there is something a lot deeper than the manager and I honestly think it's the board and their unwillingness to fully back a manager and allow him to mould the club. McInnes won't ever turn this club around if he has the team, the fans and the board all fighting him, he needs all three to be backing him and doing what he wants, only time will see if he gets that.

I think the board are backing him as best they can, otherwise we would never have signed Foster or Chris Wood and McManus on loan. Financially they are backing him so they must have some faith.

Archived