IGNORED

Anyone Think This May Be The Problem?

leadman

nobody has mentioned the way the championship has changed.steadily getting stronger.we havent changed with it

The Championship has got stronger the year we got to the play off's was probably the weakest Championship division ever, we have gone in for quality players since then but we seem to miss out on them at the last minute.

What is baffling, worrying and so, so frustrating is this manager is making all the mistakes of the previous incumbents.

Signing crap players - Mcgivern, Pearson - who are no better than what we had and then keeping playing them.

Plan A - Albert and Killa was brilliant but where's Plan B and C?

I think few disagree that we've a load of dross all listed in preceeeding posts but there's a core of decent players of sufficient size that should be capable of saving us from the drop. Time for the manager to step up a few gears and the key players starting to apply themselves methinks.

I'm pretty sure McGivern came in under Millen didn't he? I do feel that this team managed to pull us away from trouble and they can do it again, but there has to be concern over the inconsistency of performance. McInnes has done a lot of great work since he's been here but I don't think he's been able to decide his best team and that uncertainty translates to the on pitch performances

Or maybe it's just like the OP said....

I'm pretty sure McGivern came in under Millen didn't he? I do feel that this team managed to pull us away from trouble and they can do it again, but there has to be concern over the inconsistency of performance. McInnes has done a lot of great work since he's been here but I don't think he's been able to decide his best team and that uncertainty translates to the on pitch performances

Or maybe it's just like the OP said....

mcgivern did come in under Millen, but Del then went and extended his loan until the end of the season, even after seeing how poor he was for 2 months. The mind boggles how we like to waste money on poor players.

Basso; Orr, Carey, McCombe, McAllister; Noble (Sproule 91), Carle (Fontaine 113), Elliott, McIndoe; Trundle (Johnson 109), Adebola.

Subs: Weale (g), Byfield.

Interesting to look at the play-off squad. On paper it doesn't look vastly superior but it was a strong settled back four (a fit Carey makes a difference) and there is flair and goals in midfield. McIndoe at his best offered goals, demanded the ball and helped out McAllister who maybe too old now but I think he is better bet than mcgivern.

Aside from flair and goals in midfield, there were also goals from defence with Orr, Carey and McCombe all capable of contributing five a season.

Interesting to give a mark out of ten to each of those and then mark Saturday's starting eleven in the same way.(Just added in an eight for McManus). I score it 88-79 in favour of the Johnson team. Plus of course there was a better team spirit with the whole being better than the sum of the parts.

a polished terd is still a terd

We know the problem is the players and we can't do alot about it until the summer whether that will be in league one or the championship it remains to be seen,

McInnes can only be judged on next season what ever league we are in, he comes across a a good manager and man manager who does tell us like it is which is a nice change,

I think we still have enough to stay out but we must win all our remaining home games to do it,

Forza Ashton Gate

mcgivern did come in under Millen, but Del then went and extended his loan until the end of the season, even after seeing how poor he was for 2 months. The mind boggles how we like to waste money on poor players.

Oh really?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2437911,00.html

Ryan McGivern has spoken exclusively to bcfc.co.uk tonight after completing his season-long loan move to City from Premier League giants Manchester City.

looking at that playoff team we have never replaced McCombe and Mcindoe, and that was when Elliot was very good.
Can't argue with that. McCombe, despite his obvious lack of pace was aerially dominant and always good for around 4 or 5 goals a season, how many has this season's back four got between them in 32 games, then? Absolutely none, zilch, nada. McIndoe was hugely underrated whilst with us, he scored 6 in both seasons, plus had a similar number of assists, hardly missed a game and yet managed to give his full back decent cover as well, we've come absolutely nowhere near adequately replacing him with the likes of JCR or Woolford. Elliott was immnese first season up covering masses of ground and scoring a few, too.

Can't argue with that. McCombe, despite his obvious lack of pace was aerially dominant and always good for around 4 or 5 goals a season, how many has this season's back four got between them in 32 games, then? Absolutely none, zilch, nada. McIndoe was hugely underrated whilst with us, he scored 6 in both seasons, plus had a similar number of assists, hardly missed a game and yet managed to give his full back decent cover as well, we've come absolutely nowhere near adequately replacing him with the likes of JCR or Woolford. Elliott was immnese first season up covering masses of ground and scoring a few, too.

elliot will always get you 5 or 6 a season Graham and our only other midfielder who will get that many is Albert,

The back four never score our last regualr back 4 scorer was McAllister who'd pop up with 3 or 4 a season,

There are not enough goals in the side we are too week in midfield and that problem has been their long before McInnes,

oh and Saturday only 4 or the starting 11 were Mcnnes's signings and it was changing to the 4-4-2 formation which lost us the game as Palace fight back aside we simply are not strong enough to play it

Archived