IGNORED

Anyone Think This May Be The Problem?

leadman

Not enough depth or quality in the squad has been the problem since promotion. Johnson, Coppell, Millen all failed to bring in good enough players and McInnes has been trying to strengthen with the signings of Pearson, Foster, Wood and McManus. 4 'new' players who didn't make much difference yesterday but could possibly prove useful enough to keep us up.

Failure to strengthen sufficiently is why nothing seems to change regardless of who the manager is and we get posts with 'same old' same old' themes.

Been thinking this for a while, same group of players have let to many managers and us the fans down

Literally every single one bar about 3 or 4 who this club should be built around!

Yes managers have brought them here but these players are getting away scotch free week in week out with inept performances for the past 3 seasons

They put in one good performance in 10 and everything is ok

The whole clubs a shambles, from the stadium, to the wages and contracts these players are on, right down to the fact the fans, well the ones who I speak to, quite frankly aren't bothered anymore as people have had enough

But then again.......where do we actually belong in the football pyramid?

Oh come on now =

Been thinking this for a while, same group of players have let to many managers and us the fans down

Literally every single one bar about 3 or 4 who this club should be built around!

Yes managers have brought them here but these players are getting away scotch free week in week out with inept performances for the past 3 seasons

They put in one good performance in 10 and everything is ok

The whole clubs a shambles, from the stadium, to the wages and contracts these players are on, right down to the fact the fans, well the ones who I speak to, quite frankly aren't bothered anymore as people have had enough

But then again.......where do we actually belong in the football pyramid?

With the exception of the outliers of the old first and fourth divisions, we're exactly where we have ALWAYS been. Somewhere between the second and third tiers: we're not even a yo-yo club between the two.

Thats it apart from Pitman, Fonts, Cisse, Skuse Wilson, Pearson and James the rest are Pants. The new boys we can't judge yet.

Would that be Wilson whose naivity got him sent off against Leeds and James who made more than one clanger against Posh?

Just wondered, or do we have two similarly named players....?

Would that be Wilson whose naivity got him sent off against Leeds and James who made more than one clanger against Posh?

Young player will make mistakes and is one for the future let him develop, James is a top goal keeper but will make mistakes.

Pearson is shocking.

Based on what? Pearson has been one of the better players as of late and we play much better with him on the pitch.

Players make mistakes, that doesn't make them bad players. James has been playing very well recently I think and Wilson was unlucky. Robin van Persie got sent off against Barce for picking up a second yellow after playing on after the whistle had blown for offside... Obviously it doesn't matter that his goal scoring record is phenomenal, that one mistake makes him a bad player according to your logic.

Mcgivern, woolford, JCR, Clarkson, Kilkenny? all need to leave ASAP, along with Carey, nyatanga mcallister spence..

God we have so much crap in this team..

Throw in Jackson , Taylor & Stewart and you're pretty much there

Interesting stuff of the 12 mentioned only two actually played yesterday McGivern and Kilkenny!!

SL must be furious at having so much dross that cant/dont play all on massive wages and you could have added LJ Maynard and Hunt to that list two weeks ago.

Taylor may turn out to be a decent signing, we wont know until he plays a few games!!

The fact is you could probably add one or two from the game yesterday also. DJ is well past his prime as we know and is prone to lose concentration and concede bad goals or give the ball to the opposition, Marvin has been off form for three years god pray he finds some before the end of the season if he continues to get picked ahead of everyone else!

I would swap all of the players mentioned for a decent central midfield player who can weigh in with the odd goal and so would SL and DM.

The question for me is: Why do we turn good players into poor ones so quickly. Surely Walford was ok when we signed him...What Happend?...Damien Stewart?....Spence? amazing really!

Interesting stuff of the 12 mentioned only two actually played yesterday McGivern and Kilkenny!!

SL must be furious at having so much dross that cant/dont play all on massive wages and you could have added LJ Maynard and Hunt to that list two weeks ago.

Taylor may turn out to be a decent signing, we wont know until he plays a few games!!

The fact is you could probably add one or two from the game yesterday also. DJ is well past his prime as we know and is prone to lose concentration and concede bad goals or give the ball to the opposition, Marvin has been off form for three years god pray he finds some before the end of the season if he continues to get picked ahead of everyone else!

I would swap all of the players mentioned for a decent central midfield player who can weigh in with the odd goal and so would SL and DM.

The question for me is: Why do we turn good players into poor ones so quickly. Surely Walford was ok when we signed him...What Happend?...Damien Stewart?....Spence? amazing really!

You're right of course , that only 2 played yesterday. James , Pearson , McManus & Wood are only contracted until the end of the season , so may all go anyway. I cant believe James will get a new contract , and Wood will almost certainly go back to WBA.

As you say , if we can swap those players for a decent midfield , we will be in a much healthier position. IMO we need to ship at least 12-14 and get in 7-8 who are hungry and with determination and a will to win.

Players make mistakes, that doesn't make them bad players. James has been playing very well recently I think and Wilson was unlucky. Robin van Persie got sent off against Barce for picking up a second yellow after playing on after the whistle had blown for offside... Obviously it doesn't matter that his goal scoring record is phenomenal, that one mistake makes him a bad player according to your logic.

No, I didn't label Wilson a bad player but he clearly has much to learn. He is a definite prospect.

James was at fault for one goal against Posh and I wouldn't call him a "great keeper" - some people here seem blinded by his past - HOWEVER he has been playing much better under McInnes than his abject form at the start of the season.

Why I brought those names up was to highlight the somewhat arbitrary nature of the list of players we should retain, according to the poster I was originally replying to.

No Carey, no Kilkenny, no Bolassie - despite the first named being a defensive rock under McInnes, NK being our best passer if played properly and the later being, like Wilson, a prospect.

In short, I don't think it is lack of quality (apart from in one or two positions on the field) - it's lack of balance, low confidence, a bit of bad luck and a fair bit of poor tactics.

Pearson has played in most of the recent away games. He has been nothing short of terrible in all of them. The only thing he has done of note in the last couple of months was the shot that hit the bar.

He provides balance on the left but that is about it. Touch is poor, no pace, gives the ball away often, lacks quality, and I think we are lucky we only have him until the end of the season. All the trouble from Peterborough came down that wing and was a lot down to McGivern, but also Pearson.

To start with he looked OK but gets worse every week. A bit like what he was like at Derby.

Pearson has played in most of the recent away games. He has been nothing short of terrible in all of them. The only thing he has done of note in the last couple of months was the shot that hit the bar.

He provides balance on the left but that is about it. Touch is poor, no pace, gives the ball away often, lacks quality, and I think we are lucky we only have him until the end of the season. All the trouble from Peterborough came down that wing and was a lot down to McGivern, but also Pearson.

To start with he looked OK but gets worse every week. A bit like what he was like at Derby.

I don't think he's had a seriously amazing game since Southampton away, and the game after that at home. Since then he has been dire, and what's worse he's been getting into shooting positions he doesn't even want to take the chance! so poor.

I don't think he's had a seriously amazing game since Southampton away, and the game after that at home. Since then he has been dire, and what's worse he's been getting into shooting positions he doesn't even want to take the chance! so poor.

At least someone else has noticed this. It is particularly apparent in away games that he adds nothing. With him and McGivern down that side, I don't give us much chance in any game at the moment.

What is baffling, worrying and so, so frustrating is this manager is making all the mistakes of the previous incumbents.

Signing crap players - Mcgivern, Pearson - who are no better than what we had and then keeping playing them.

Plan A - Albert and Killa was brilliant but where's Plan B and C?

I think few disagree that we've a load of dross all listed in preceeeding posts but there's a core of decent players of sufficient size that should be capable of saving us from the drop. Time for the manager to step up a few gears and the key players starting to apply themselves methinks.

Basso; Orr, Carey, McCombe, McAllister; Noble (Sproule 91), Carle (Fontaine 113), Elliott, McIndoe; Trundle (Johnson 109), Adebola.

Subs: Weale (g), Byfield.

Interesting to look at the play-off squad. On paper it doesn't look vastly superior but it was a strong settled back four (a fit Carey makes a difference) and there is flair and goals in midfield. McIndoe at his best offered goals, demanded the ball and helped out McAllister who maybe too old now but I think he is better bet than mcgivern.

Aside from flair and goals in midfield, there were also goals from defence with Orr, Carey and McCombe all capable of contributing five a season.

Archived