IGNORED

Time To Get Nasty!

Lew-T

Right, we've put up with this dross for far too long now and I feel we as fans need to show our anger! Del is trying all he can to save us from the drop but these players are just not interested as it seems, and it's got to that stage now where the fans need to have their say on these poor performances of late. I'm fed up of week after week of poor entertainment and no passion within the players. Where's that desire, passion and that willingness to win gone from when Del took over? It looked very positive when del took over but that's suddenly disappeared? It's as if the players have gone into their comfort zone again! I think it's got to that stage now where del and us fans need to get nasty! and maybe, just maybe...the players will react.

I'm saying that we need to be vocal and let the players know that we are not happy with what's be served up week in, week out. How to do this, I am not sure? Protest, banner, chants etc.

Protests against the poor performances? :laugh: None of these things will solve anything.. a banner or a chant wont upgrade a players ability i'm afraid.

Booing the players is not going to make them play better.

Exactly, the problem is simple 15 or so players contracts are up at the end of this season and I suspect even if they haven't been told officially then the fact that the club aren't actively engaging in contract talks with them has told them all they need to know and of course being footballers on high wages they find it quite easy to ignore the first part of their job description you know the 'professional' bit.

Get used to it Lew-T many of them really don't care.

Booing the players is not going to make them play better.

Ovcourse not, I didn't say anything about booing. Like you, I want nothing but the best for this club and seeing that every week is very hard to watch! Another thing, according to one of our posters yesterday, he saw four of our first team players out on the lash after that big defeat yesterday. Seems to me that the players aren't interested!

Ovcourse not, I didn't say anything about booing. Like you, I want nothing but the best for this club and seeing that every week is very hard to watch! Another thing, according to one of our posters yesterday, he saw four of our first team players out on the lash after that big defeat yesterday. Seems to me that the players aren't interested!

I'm not having a go I'm just saying realistically I think there is little, if anything, we can do. There is a difference between protests against a board, to sack a manager or leave the Club, and against players who are paid regardless of their performance, in command of their manager and in most cases not City fans.

I wouldn't believe everything that person was saying mate.

I'm not having a go I'm just saying realistically I think there is little, if anything, we can do. There is a difference between protests against a board, to sack a manager or leave the Club, and against players who are paid regardless of their performance, in command of their manager and in most cases not City fans.

I know your not and I appreciate your reply. I just want the best for this club and to get back where we once were.

Exactly, the problem is simple 15 or so players contracts are up at the end of this season and I suspect even if they haven't been told officially then the fact that the club aren't actively engaging in contract talks with them has told them all they need to know and of course being footballers on high wages they find it quite easy to ignore the first part of their job description you know the 'professional' bit.

Get used to it Lew-T many of them really don't care.

I posted something similar about 6 weeks ago and got crucified on here. Face facts everyone. Most of the players do not care which division we will be in next season as they won't be here anyway.

On the way back from Peterborough I overheard a guy talking about a conversation he had with Woolford at HT. I cannot say word for word what was said, but the basics of it are that MW said he wasn't bothered about not getting in the side, City play his wages whether he plays or not so why should he be bothered.

It's the spineless players with more self-adoration than ability that need to be got rid off as soon as possible. I can think of only about six or seven players in our whole squad who have enough combined ability and desire to be allowed a playing spot next season.

Starting to agree with the train of thought !

"they (most) don't give a shit"

Most be tough for DM to motivate a squad that in large ain't in his plans for next season!

Even Pearson one of his few proper signings only has a contract til the end Of the season,

Lets hope Pearson and a handful of others are out to earn a deal for next year

On the way back from Peterborough I overheard a guy talking about a conversation he had with Woolford at HT. I cannot say word for word what was said, but the basics of it are that MW said he wasn't bothered about not getting in the side, City play his wages whether he plays or not so why should he be bothered.

It's the spineless players with more self-adoration than ability that need to be got rid off as soon as possible. I can think of only about six or seven players in our whole squad who have enough combined ability and desire to be allowed a playing spot next season.

If that's true it partially explains why he isn't.

Clearly we are struggling but someone like Elliott say, good bad or indifferent, always gives his best and earns what we pay him.

Says it all really..

Surely its within some of the players interests that are out of contract to bust a gut and give a damn if they want a to earn a decent contract either here or elsewhere else in the summertime. If they're sat in the stands for the next 2/3 months not getting a game isn't going to help them pick up a decent pay cheque elsewhere.

Agree, who would your 6 players be to keep on for next season ?

We can't afford to be sentimental

I couldn't find spaces for regulars like Marv and skuse !

I would personally like to keep more than 6 players, mine would be Albert, yannick,( has potential ) Cisse, fontaine, Pearson, Foster, Pitman, Wilson( has potential to be a great defender ) I feel the rest of the squad are either not good enough or not interested in this club.

I would personally like to keep more than 6 players, mine would be Albert, yannick,( has potential ) Cisse, fontaine, Pearson, Foster, Pitman, Wilson( has potential to be a great defender ) I feel the rest of the squad are either not good enough or not interested in this club.

Stupidly I completely forgot Fonts. Great defender, can't believe I overlooked him to be honest. Wouldn't keep Yannick if I had a choice. Lots of effort but not a great deal of talent if you ask me. I'd probably try to keep 8 (adding Pearson and Fonts to my original list.) and then let any of the others move on if possible, and re-build around them.

I feel we need 5 good championship players to become a good side in this division. A new LB, CB, CM, GK, CF is required in my opinion.

I think we need 6, however they would have to be 6 very good players.

GK: New Signing

RB: Foster

CB: New Signing

CB: Fontaine

LB: New Signing

DM: Cisse

CM: Skuse - Or maybe a new signing

CM: New Signing

RW: Adomah

LW: New Signing

ST: New Signing

Yeah the midfield does need quality as I feel that's where we have been lacking all season. We also need a set piece taker as we can't afford to have our goal poacher taking the corners.

Our goalkeeper is of championship quality. He might not be exactly value for money, but I assume we are just dealing with ability. And no Pitman's?

Archived