IGNORED

Doesnt Really Matter Imo

DOLMANDAN

442 451 what ever system is employed unless we learn to retain the ball better our defence will continue to be put under emense pressure and hence leak goals.

I believe that this is the main issue with the one lone striker system the ball comes straight back at you and the better teams punish you although lesser teams are punishing us at the moment which is worrying!!! ...............

442 451 what ever system is employed unless we learn to retain the ball better our defence will continue to be put under emense pressure and hence leak goals.

I believe that this is the main issue with the one lone striker system the ball comes straight back at you and the better teams punish you although lesser teams are punishing us at the moment which is worrying!!! ...............

Sadly that is only part of the problem, the main problem is that our midfield is not good enough a retain the ball or play the intelligent ball or even a ball that gives our loan striker enough hope to hold the ball up and certainly are pretty incapable of defence splitting passes, our midfield is not and has not been fit for purpose now for 4 years and I am astounded that it hasn't been properly addressed by successive managers.

I'm all for extra support for the front man, but I would played a 4-4-1-1, with Pitman playing a little behind Wood. This will allow an extra man in midfield when we are defending, and a link to the front when were attacking.

I still would like to see a new midfielder come in to replace Kilkenny, but I still think there is a place in the squad for him.

Wood

Pitman

Pearson - Skuse/Cisse - Kilkenny? - Albert

Foster - Fonts - McManus - Wilson

James

I'm all for extra support for the front man, but I would played a 4-4-1-1, with Pitman playing a little behind Wood. This will allow an extra man in midfield when we are defending, and a link to the front when were attacking.

I still would like to see a new midfielder come in to replace Kilkenny, but I still think there is a place in the squad for him.

Wood

Pitman

Pearson - Skuse/Cisse - Kilkenny? - Albert

Foster - Fonts - McManus - Wilson

James

i'm sorry I cannot see any formation with our current crop of midfielders working consistently, they ain't good enough.

Sadly that is only part of the problem, the main problem is that our midfield is not good enough a retain the ball or play the intelligent ball or even a ball that gives our loan striker enough hope to hold the ball up and certainly are pretty incapable of defence splitting passes, our midfield is not and has not been fit for purpose now for 4 years and I am astounded that it hasn't been properly addressed by successive managers.

I'm in full agreement with you on this EMB.

A weak midfield with little creativity has long been a problem. This time last season there were countless threads about it and we were all waiting for than elusive player or two to sign for City.

Hopes were raised when Kilkenny signed but he's been largely a disappointment with his lack of ability to play a high tempo game. Repeated managers have failed to address what is an obvious weakness within the squad and McInnes is showing little interest in addressing it if his recent radio remarks are anything to go by.

I'm in full agreement with you on this EMB.

A weak midfield with little creativity has long been a problem. This time last season there were countless threads about it and we were all waiting for than elusive player or two to sign for City.

Hopes were raised when Kilkenny signed but he's been largely a disappointment with his lack of ability to play a high tempo game. Repeated managers have failed to address what is an obvious weakness within the squad and McInnes is showing little interest in addressing it if his recent radio remarks are anything to go by.

It's pretty scary, (if true) that McInnes isn't interested in bringing in a creative midfielder, in fact I'd say it was suicidal.

If we do go down (which I believe we will), we will IMHO have done so without addressing a problem position that most of us can see is paramount and of utmost importance, madness.

Emphasis on IF.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think our better results came that season playing 4-5-1 with Noble playing extremely well in the hole. He was capable of creating a yard beating his man (without pace just skill) and then creating a chance.

In our current set up we have no one that can do that. Kilkenny is the closest but still doesn't match the flair/creativity needed if you are to sacrifice a striker. Elliott great athlete and can break up play but passing not a strong point and Cisse is a decent holding player. Skuse = mr average at everything, a few years ago we used to say he's only young, still learning and will develop into a great player. He has failed to kick on and is now just an average player. The answer to our midfield exists outside of the club but where I don't know!

Playing 4-5-1 and conceding 3 goals every game is not great. With this formation we should be controlling the midfield and winning games 1.0!

Its more to do with the last few managers ability to get the best out of the players.

Do you really think Sproule Elliott Johnson and Mcindoe are better than what we currently have?

No Johnson just managed to make them believe they were.

I'd do anything to have Mcindoe & Marv of the play off season back

Archived