IGNORED

Mcallister Due Back Today

TRL

Over MgIvern, hell yes. He is probably the worst left back i have seen us have in the past 10 years

McAllister is the worst.

BOTH are poor defenders.

But McGivern is very decent with the ball at his feet - meaning, we keep possesion much, much more.

I'd rather have macca in the McLovin, at least we'd have a good corner taker back and with propper protection infront of him now he doesn't have to do two players jobs

Corners have been terrible for years - can I remind you it was mcallister taking most of them. He usually wastes our free kicks too - when he's playing.

If macca gets back in the team - the chances of relegation will go up!

McAllister is the worst.

BOTH are poor defenders.

But McGivern is very decent with the ball at his feet - meaning, we keep possesion much, much more.

I reckon you have a irrational dislike for McAllister that I have for Killa. he is 10 times the defender McGivern is. McGivern is bamby on Ice and a rabbit caught in the head lamps anytime anyone with a ounce of pace comes near him. Alt least McAllister has a general understaning of how to defend.

In terms of passing McAllister was fine when McIndoe was here, since our left midfield went missing 2 years ago he has had no outlet, making him appear poor when the fact of the matter is there is no one showing for the ball other than the occasional push inside or cross field boot for the centre forward

Corners have been terrible for years - can I remind you it was mcallister taking most of them. He usually wastes our free kicks too - when he's playing.

If macca gets back in the team - the chances of relegation will go up!

the only time we've scored from coners has been when macca's use to take them thats my point he could float or whip a ball in, he's a better defender then mclovin but mclovin is better with the ball at his feet,

They both are shocking and I agree but I'd rather have macca's experence and corn take then the hefferlump McGiven,

It goes to show how poor we are when we're discussing this doesn't it,

I reckon you have a irrational dislike for McAllister that I have for Killa. he is 10 times the defender McGivern is. McGivern is bamby on Ice and a rabbit caught in the head lamps anytime anyone with a ounce of pace comes near him. Alt least McAllister has a general understaning of how to defend.

In terms of passing McAllister was fine when McIndoe was here, since our left midfield went missing 2 years ago he has had no outlet, making him appear poor when the fact of the matter is there is no one showing for the ball other than the occasional push inside or cross field boot for the centre forward

Have you forgotten how many times mcallister got ripped to pieces last season??

That excuse about macca being exposed - has only ever been reeled out for mcallister, but no other full back. If you watch macca, you will see, he does not even look for a pass - he does not even engage his brain.... its just wooosh and hope. Mcgivern is cool and calm with the ball at his feet - and usually finds a red shirt..... even though "he has'nt got a left winger helping him"

Why does McGivern not need the excuse of "having no protection" ? because its bollox.

McGivern may be poor defensively, but at least he can get better with age. Macca will only get worse with age.

Though to be honest we need a new left back of two, I'm sure you'll agree.

the only time we've scored from coners has been when macca's use to take them thats my point he could float or whip a ball in, he's a better defender then mclovin but mclovin is better with the ball at his feet,

They both are shocking and I agree but I'd rather have macca's experence and corn take then the hefferlump McGiven,

It goes to show how poor we are when we're discussing this doesn't it,

We scored one fluke - I cant remember any more....

Experience isnt helpful when we cant keep the ball for more than a few seconds

We scored one fluke - I cant remember any more....

Experience isnt helpful when we cant keep the ball for more than a few seconds

I'm going to play my high horse card already and I really wanted to save that one, :)

as I said Both are shocking and I'd rather have tanga at Left back but we are so short at the back its not going to happen

Have you forgotten how many times mcallister got ripped to pieces last season??

That excuse about macca being exposed - has only ever been reeled out for mcallister, but no other full back. If you watch macca, you will see, he does not even look for a pass - he does not even engage his brain.... its just wooosh and hope. Mcgivern is cool and calm with the ball at his feet - and usually finds a red shirt..... even though "he has'nt got a left winger helping him"

Why does McGivern not need the excuse of "having no protection" ? because its bollox.

McGivern may be poor defensively, but at least he can get better with age. Macca will only get worse with age.

Though to be honest we need a new left back of two, I'm sure you'll agree.

Pearson has offered some sort of know how and protection. Granted bolasie has offered bugger all.

Macca will only get worse, I can't see Mcgivern ever being a left back.

Damn right, we need two new left backs. Foster should be utilised there for the time being, injuries willing. But you need natural left footed left back there who can defend and has the engine and legs to overlap.

Behind Albert, McAllister registered the most assists of anyone in the side last season.

I should think so, with the twelve million aimless punts + all the set pieces he took.

The law of averages tells you that a % percentage of the aimless punts will go in the right areas.

I should think so, with the twelve million aimless punts + all the set pieces he took.

The law of averages tells you that a % percentage of the aimless punts will go in the right areas.

I would say we are missing his aimless punts, judging by our goals scored column :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe we've had any assists from set-pieces all season?

Archived