IGNORED

Would 3-5-2 Be An Option?

Lew-T

........................James

...........Carey..Fontaine..Wilson

Albert..Kilkenny..Cisse..Pearson..Foster

.................Wood....Pitman

I would like to see this given a go personally, I think the main problem in the past few weeks have been the midfield so maybe this is an option?

It would hinder Albert - so I personally think it's a no go.

This would be my concern too.

I actually think it makes a decent amount of sense, wingbacks two of Skuse, Foster and Woolford, strong middle then two up top.

Unfortunately, as you say, it would appear to strangle the threat Adomah presents which is probably an overriding consideration.

Oh good. A sixth formation thread to comment on.

I would play 2 3 5 like in the good old days.

Yeah, but one that we haven't tried this season...

...let's face it, the formations that we have tried haven't exactly covered us in glory.

But if the thought of it bores you, let's stick to one up front and League One with a whimper...

I would like to see this given a go personally, I think the main problem in the past few weeks have been the midfield so maybe this is an option?

I would go with this but switch Wilson and Fontaine.

This would just end up as 4-4-2 anyway. Adomah is not a wing-back, his 'defending' against Leeds proved it. Foster would end up having to drop back, and Carey would be our rb. Wouldn't work imo.

Wouldn't be totally against 3-5-2. Even though I am not sure about it, how can anyone be against it when we have had such little success with 4-5-1/4-4-2? Anything different would be welcomed.

However I dont think it would be effective with Albert playing right wing back. If we go 3-5-2 then Albert should be given a free role in either the midfield 3, or he should play just off the front man.

Foster could play as a wingback on either side, but we don't have anybody else capable of doing so. Since 352 completely relies on wing backs I don't think it'll work without at least one other player able to do it.

I actually think Pearson would make a decent wing back.

Bigger problem in my opinion, would be, who would play in midfield, given our options at the moment and where would Albert play?

I do agree with you but how about this?

Foster...Kilkenny..Albert..Cisse...Pearson

Pearson has played in that full back position before, so would a wing back work for him and the team? Just an idea.( don't shoot me down)

By no means the worst shout. Pearson certainly has the energy to be a successful wing back, it's just how he defends. Both he and Foster have got the energy to get up and down and it could work. This would allow Albert a bit more freedom maybe to go and create.

I do agree with you but how about this?

Foster...Kilkenny..Albert..Cisse...Pearson

Pearson has played in that full back position before, so would a wing back work for him and the team? Just an idea.( don't shoot me down)

Well Albert would'nt stretch teams with him down the middle and there is less space for him to expliot.

Well Albert would'nt stretch teams with him down the middle and there is less space for him to expliot.

I kind of think the same as you, Albert is better when he has room and space to attack at pace, being put in the middle i fear he wouldnot get the chance or space to get into top gear, I guess he could float about a bit, but I am not entirely sure how well he could play a free role.

Hell, I guess we will never know unless he is given a chance, but from everything I have seen of him, it doesn't immediately jump out at you as something that will work.

Don't reply I want the final say this time :)

Archived