IGNORED

Andy Llewellyn

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Seems like a bit of blackmail involved if you read the story. Apparently he owed people money and they threatened his family if he didn't provide them with information of people away on holiday (so they could break into empty houses). Obviously illegal but understandable if you are faced with people harming your kids...

I take this with more than a pinch of salt.

The prosecution have to prove the things they say in court. The defence, when offering mitigation, do not. They could have said that he was doing it to buy back his family from Somalian Pirates if he had wanted, but the truth is that 9 out of 10 mitigations offered by the defence are absolute shite.

I hope he has enough time in the next 18 months to contemplate exactly how he made people feel. Ex City or not - he's a scum bag.

The prosecution have to prove the things they say in court. The defence, when offering mitigation, do not. They could have said that he was doing it to buy back his family from Somalian Pirates if he had wanted, but the truth is that 9 out of 10 mitigations offered by the defence are absolute shite.

I hope he has enough time in the next 18 months to contemplate exactly how he made people feel. Ex City or not - he's a scum bag.

Absolutely. He says he didn't know how to stop it! I'll tell you how, when they first suggested providng the information you go and see the police - simple.

I know Andy very well (used to know all the first team well at that time) and have drank with him many times over the years.

Haven't seen him for a few years and it looks as if he has gone off the rails a bit but as the saying goes:

If you do the crime, you must be prepared to do the time.

A sad day for me.

BCAGFC

You honestly couldn't be further from the truth, the bloke got in deep and made a bad call. A bad call that he regrets. He's a friend of a friend sort of thing, and I've played cricket against him a lot. He's still a top bloke with a lot of very interesting stories to tell from his city days.

It's all very well sitting on the high horse and judging from afar, but until you've experienced or witnessed the damage gambling addictions can cause its difficult to understand.

He's been punished, and rightfully so.

You honestly couldn't be further from the truth, the bloke got in deep and made a bad call. A bad call that he regrets. He's a friend of a friend sort of thing, and I've played cricket against him a lot. He's still a top bloke with a lot of very interesting stories to tell from his city days.

It's all very well sitting on the high horse and judging from afar, but until you've experienced or witnessed the damage gambling addictions can cause its difficult to understand.

I wonder if you'd be so understanding had he tipped someone to burgle your house?

I wonder if you'd be so understanding had he tipped someone to burgle your house?

Of course I wouldn't, I don't think I'm being 'understanding' as such, just don't think claiming that he's lying is correct. That's all, sorry if that caused an confusion.

Like I said, he's made a pretty big error of judgement and been rightfully punished.

Here's four moments from his time at City;

Andy Llewellyn had been at the club eight years and was an ever present for 1989/90. He was also keen on cricket and had trials with Gloucestershire.

In the first leg of a League Cup encounter against Rovers, Nicky Morgan scored early on, but Llewellyn scored an own goal from 35 yards out that would prove decisive.

In a cup match at Forest, a fourth minute shot hit a post, rebounded onto Llewellyn’s legs and off into the net.

Shortly after the end of the 93/94 season, Swindon visited for Andy Llewellyn’s testimonial which ended 3-3. City’s team included Andy Cole, Joe Jordan, Rob Newman and Dariusz Dziekanowski whilst Mark Gavin and Nicky Morgan guested for Swindon.

Ever been burgaled? Well I have whilst we were asleep as kids in the house, we moved not long after and even though my mum never admitted it affected her badly.

As far as I'm concerned the mans a ****. No sympathy here.

Wise words Jordan. Andy is being punished for his crime and if a gambling addiction got him into this then he has my sympathy as do the victims. And yes, I have been burgled before anyone asks. Hope he sorts himself out and gets back on the right track.

Two less fans in the Atyeo next season then. He's down there all the time (or at least was!). Saw him down there against Palace with his son who is in the Academy (u-12's I think)...for the boys sake I hope his fathers indiscretions don't come back to bite him on the arse. Quite a promising lad by all accounts....not that that means anything with our academy record.

Sorry to see a former fans favourite fall from grace, but as others say, he's done the crime, now he has to do the time.

Archived