IGNORED

Pompeys Problems Deepen?

Isawjonshaw

Once more I have no real sympathy, this article shows everything that is wrong with football in general and especially this toxic club in particular. There is a cursory 'sorry' over the 33 staff who have been made redundant and then a much longer bit about how the squad is threadbare, the club and the administrator have got their priorities completely wrong, instead of worrying about whether the club stays in existence they seem to be more interested in keeping the club in the championship.

This club is a disgrace.

They shouldn't be allowed to bring in players either permanently or on loan even if they only had half a dozen left. It's there fault they're in this mess, they have to face the consequences. Just play the youth team until your finances have improved to a level where you can afford the wages of professionals.

Once more I have no real sympathy, this article shows everything that is wrong with football in general and especially this toxic club in particular. There is a cursory 'sorry' over the 33 staff who have been made redundant and then a much longer bit about how the squad is threadbare, the club and the administrator have got their priorities completely wrong, instead of worrying about whether the club stays in existence they seem to be more interested in keeping the club in the championship.

This club is a disgrace.

only good thing about the reduncies all the leaching directors were the first ones to go,

Bit harsh,

He wasn't going to get first team football with us and was offered more money and a better position somewhere else. Don't blame him for the move, but feel sorry for him that it didn't work out.

If he was still here do you honestly think he'd get picked infront of James?

he went their to sit on the bench, ashdown got injured and he got his chance, if he'd stayed here he might of got his chance when james got dropped and gerken was crap,

Greedy footballer and agent again

Bit harsh,

He wasn't going to get first team football with us and was offered more money and a better position somewhere else. Don't blame him for the move, but feel sorry for him that it didn't work out.

If he was still here do you honestly think he'd get picked infront of James?

Harsh that he was in so much of a hurry that he never got his agent to ask the club about it's financial position?, I would have thought that would be part of a good agents job, not to know the club can pay him this week but they can pay him next week and the week after and for the whole of his contract, 'made his bed' and all that.

PS:-how many times did BCFC fail to pay his wages?.

Without wishing to go on a Maynard style tangent....

I can think of very few people in this world, let alone footballers who would turn down more money to do the same job with potentially better prospects (first team football)

And I seriously don't think we'd drop James, he'd have to drop 10 clangers in a row before going to the bench IMO

I can think of very few people in this world, let alone footballers who would turn down more money to do the same job with potentially better prospects (first team football)

And I seriously don't think we'd drop James, he'd have to drop 10 clangers in a row before going to the bench IMO

What without asking/knowing the full picture?, give me a break as I said 'he made his bed', sympathy absolutely not.

We did drop james we beat leicester 2-1 away (Gerken at fault for the goal) and lost 5-0 away to blackpool (Gerken at fault for 4 of them) so he would of got his chance then and may well of kept james out

I understand that Birmingham City are taking Husseklepp (spelling?) on loan from Pompey. I don't think they'll end up with much of a squad for a relegation fight if they are forced to offload their higher earners/ better players.

You got to question how they afforded 1.5 million to buy him in the first place

They shouldn't be allowed to bring in players either permanently or on loan even if they only had half a dozen left. It's there fault they're in this mess, they have to face the consequences. Just play the youth team until your finances have improved to a level where you can afford the wages of professionals.

Agreed Weymouth had to play 16-17year old to fulfill their fixtures a couple of seasons ago so should Portsmouth

they will only be aloud to bring in players if the "Squad" drops below 14 fit players I believe this includs first year pro's from their youth team but does include anyone on a youth contract so

Say it was us we'd have to play holloway edwards ried etc but we wouldn't have to play gord rigg or sandford

Looked at their forum and it seems they aren't allowed to play players on a youth contract. They have 20 players in their professional squad, which has been decimated in recent weeks thru injury and suspensions. The only other 2 players on professional terms are on loan at AFC Totton and Frome. Cant see them setting the Championship on fire! However it seems as if they've been allowed a one in-one out system for loans tho, as today Husseklepp has gone to Brum on loan and they've immediately brought in a 20 yr old from West Brom on loan.

Looked at their forum and it seems they aren't allowed to play players on a youth contract. They have 20 players in their professional squad, which has been decimated in recent weeks thru injury and suspensions. The only other 2 players on professional terms are on loan at AFC Totton and Frome. Cant see them setting the Championship on fire! However it seems as if they've been allowed a one in-one out system for loans tho, as today Husseklepp has gone to Brum on loan and they've immediately brought in a 20 yr old from West Brom on loan.

they would have to recall those players I think, its a fine line really as they really do have injury problems worse so then us I think,

Relegation is the only logical football punishment for such clubs. They have thieved every point they gained on the pitch since their last Administration by using money they had no way of covering. Jeez, they still owe us money for Henderson yet the Football League is happy with a 10pt penalty that may yet see them finish above us?

What with this and the Judicial Review hokum the world has gone stark-staring bonkers!

Relegation is the only logical football punishment for such clubs. They have thieved every point they gained on the pitch since their last Administration by using money they had no way of covering. Jeez, they still owe us money for Henderson yet the Football League is happy with a 10pt penalty that may yet see them finish above us?

What with this and the Judicial Review hokum the world has gone stark-staring bonkers!

Absolutely Mick, for the first time ever in their case I genuinely hope a club fails to complete their fixtures and goes bust.

Archived