IGNORED

What About Filton Airport?

Dave Youell

I see that it's up for sale and that the Cricket Club are potentially looking at building there, ironically around the same time as their appeal to the council...

Now I know our posisiton is different as we have council backing, but there's a mass load of land with excellent transport links that wants to be bought and built on, with everything that's happening with Ashton Vale now, is it time to look at alternatives that are outside of the Bristol Council's duristiction?

Just a thought...

I'm just trying to be realistic here,

Filton is ready to get going with straight away, bet at this rate we could build the stadium before a spade is in the ground as Ashton Vale with all of these challenges.

It's not a village green, the only houses that are there have been recently built with excellent road and transport around it, loads of room to build more than just a stadium there.

Plus it's still classed as Bristol, honestly couldn't care about Rovers, Liverpool and Everton at within spitting distance, I just want a new stadium

1) I don't want City to leave Bristol

2) South Bristol is real Bristol

3) We have finally got the council's backing for a stadium

4) The JR hasn't been decided

A rumour like this is a good idea though as if the council got wind of the fact that the club are considering following the gas out-of-town it might incentivese them further to try and keep us.

Even though Steve Lansdown has spent 90 odd million on the land at Ashton Vale?

No he hasn't - £90m was the projected build cost.

He has spent millions on purchasing the land, with a clever buy-back clause should PP be refused, and spent further millions on designing the stadium and professional fees. The design could probably just be lifted from AV and put into Filton anyway(with slight adjustments as the stadium would not have to be recessed/built with flood plain management in mind - probably save a few million on the build cost)

I see that it's up for sale and that the Cricket Club are potentially looking at building there, ironically around the same time as their appeal to the council...

Now I know our posisiton is different as we have council backing, but there's a mass load of land with excellent transport links that wants to be bought and built on, with everything that's happening with Ashton Vale now, is it time to look at alternatives that are outside of the Bristol Council's duristiction?

Just a thought...

We could do a Wimbledon i'm sure there most be a town somewhere who wants top sport

Archived