IGNORED

All This Talk Of Atmosphere....

The Casual Connoisseur

• SC&T Board Members

Don't you just have to respect foreign fans who take the Michael out of their English rivals by baiting them in English!

I remember the last time that the Germans played at Wembley, they were singing 'Win when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning' and tonight the Ajax fans were telling United 'You're support is f**king sh*t'.

Can't imagine any English fans going abroad and (a) knowing what songs to sing to rile the opposition or (b) being able to do so in their language!

PS: And, of course, the Ajax fans were standing for the entire 90 minutes.

The Ajax fans were a credit tonight, made me very proud, fantastic atmosphere for 90 minutes, no scarves or other gimmicks, just contiuous singing and a few flares. If we could replicate half the passion that the various VAK groups and FSide have, then Forza Revolution would be a "force".

Not that much of a credit, it was kicking off all round Old Trafford tonight ... My brother in laws been sending me pics...

Was a good atmosphere though ...

Not that much of a credit, it was kicking off all round Old Trafford tonight ... My brother in laws been sending me pics...

Was a good atmosphere though ...

It's been going off all day, not surprising really after the trouble in Mokum last weekend.

My cousin whose a season card holder at Ajax couldn't get a ticket for the game, he said there were hundreds that would travel regardless, 3 of his Group were stopped at Schipol but judging by the Local Press Reports, many more were looking for tickets in and the centre and old trafford area.

the dutch are renown for fighting but on;y gets highlighted by uefa and fifa when in england,

But I think the passion he is talking about is inside the ground which has to be admired they were noisey but take the flares out they are banned from our grounds if we can even get that nosiey at the gate then we're heading the right way

Forza Ashton GAte rawwwr!

The English think they are good at creating an atmosphere, but like most things with football, it is all in our heads.

As I am sure most people know, most countries in Europe, especially Eastern europe are miles ahead in terms of support and atmosphere insie theri grounds.

English support generally is loud sporadically for 5 or 6 minute intervals throught the match. Of course you get the occasional exception to the rule, but it is rare.

All stems that we are England, we are the best attitude I think. Time we realised we are not and looked abroad to see how to support.

the dutch are renown for fighting but on;y gets highlighted by uefa and fifa when in england,

But I think the passion he is talking about is inside the ground which has to be admired they were noisey but take the flares out they are banned from our grounds if we can even get that nosiey at the gate then we're heading the right way

Forza Ashton GAte rawwwr!

Foreign clubs have great support .... European nights are always a sight to admire on the box ... Players used to hate coming to the Gate as it was a real intimidating place to come .. And the supporters alone would put away players off their game ...

Nowadays players love coming here as they can hear themselves think and know they're in with a chance of scoring :-( ....

We need to turn it back into that horrible cauldron of noise that away players used to hate ...

The English think they are good at creating an atmosphere, but like most things with football, it is all in our heads.

As I am sure most people know, most countries in Europe, especially Eastern europe are miles ahead in terms of support and atmosphere insie theri grounds.

English support generally is loud sporadically for 5 or 6 minute intervals throught the match. Of course you get the occasional exception to the rule, but it is rare.

All stems that we are England, we are the best attitude I think. Time we realised we are not and looked abroad to see how to support.

Wembley is the worst atmosphere I've ever been in (and I attend every home game)!! I've been to A LOT of grounds around the world and Wembley (new Wembley) is AWFUL... I can't see how the English can say they generate a good atmosphere, we don't. Its full of armchair fans that don't have a clue. I couldn't believe it when a few people behind me were booing every Chelsea and Uts player that was announced. Gave them a piece of my mind about supporting the team...

Sorry, went off on a bit of a rant then (I can't really say about the away support, I've never managed to watch England away yet)

Saying that, my German friend has been over to see a couple of city games (1 draw 1 loss) where I thought the atmosphere was dire, he went on to tell me he thinks the English have the best atmospheres! He goes to a lot of Bayern Munich games but reckons the English do it better. I thought the Germans were renound for their atmospheres, we can't be that bad then can we?

Fans abroad are good at atmosphere as they are allowed to do it.

We are now a country of health and safety and red tape which appresses any REAL football atmosphere, abroad you can light a flare

in England you can't light a fag!! you even need a certificate to put a flag over your head, ok i understand the need to keep people safe

and all this americanised ''where theres blame, theres a claim'' rubbish has infested this country but the the balance of the scales has tipped too far the other way

I would like to do smoke, flare and flag displays but this country don't allow it, the supporters trust did ask the club about controlled

smoke/flare use but not sure what came of it.

http://z6.invisionfr...opic=6820&st=44

Another point to why Ajax fan worked well as it is a large group of people who know each other very well, drink together and they dictate the songs etc from central point of the stand which then ripples out around them, take them away then you are left with people looking around at each other thinking what do we do? Sometimes all the best planning in the world can not beat spontaneity from a group of friends who just make a song up there and then ie: bounce around the ground, it then just takes off, just enjoy it and be spontaneous with songs as well as using tried and tested ones.

Fans abroad are good at atmosphere as they are allowed to do it.

We are now a country of health and safety and red tape which appresses any REAL football atmosphere, abroad you can light a flare

in England you can't light a fag!! you even need a certificate to put a flag over your head, ok i understand the need to keep people safe

and all this americanised ''where theres blame, theres a claim'' rubbish has infested this country but the the balance of the scales has tipped too far the other way

I would like to do smoke, flare and flag displays but this country don't allow it, the supporters trust did ask the club about controlled

smoke/flare use but not sure what came of it.

http://z6.invisionfr...opic=6820&st=44

Another point to why Ajax fan worked well as it is a large group of people who know each other very well, drink together and they dictate the songs etc from central point of the stand which then ripples out around them, take them away then you are left with people looking around at each other thinking what do we do? Sometimes all the best planning in the world can not beat spontaneity from a group of friends who just make a song up there and then ie: bounce around the ground, it then just takes off, just enjoy it and be spontaneous with songs as well as using tried and tested ones.

Hello Mate,

Do you guys in the EastEnd have a few bevvies in a certain place before the game?

The atmosphere has been dying since the early '90s and the removal of standing. This has allowed clubs to charge sky high prices for football thereby excluding a shed load of people. Let's face it, you need to have a few bob to attend on a regular basis. I also believe this has led to an increase in the fickle fan syndrome. If I was paying nearly a grand for a season ticket to watch my team in the Prem, a team I'd been watching all my life, then I'd expect to win ot lest be entertained when we lost. Hell, I expect it down the Gate for thirty effin quid.

As an example, Chelsea V Napoli next month is £50 a ticket behind the goal, crap!

The atmosphere has been dying since the early '90s and the removal of standing. This has allowed clubs to charge sky high prices for football thereby excluding a shed load of people. Let's face it, you need to have a few bob to attend on a regular basis. I also believe this has led to an increase in the fickle fan syndrome. If I was paying nearly a grand for a season ticket to watch my team in the Prem, a team I'd been watching all my life, then I'd expect to win ot lest be entertained when we lost. Hell, I expect it down the Gate for thirty effin quid.

As an example, Chelsea V Napoli next month is £50 a ticket behind the goal, crap!

I agree with this. I think the pricing structure is a bit naff at AG at the moment, but then I'm an unemplyed "tax dodging" student who hasn't had a bath since we were in league 1, so who am I to come on here and express my opinion.

I have managed to see my beloved as much as possible this season though, I think so far it equates to 4 home and one away, probably the best part of £150, but if it was £15 pounds a ticket I'd have gone to 10 games so far and I wonder how many people, student or otherwise, would be the same if it was a bit cheaper.

My argument is i) surely the key to an atmosphere is packing out the stadium, particularly the east end and lower prices would help this ii) considering this city has two respectable universities is a student ticket not warranted iii) Shouldn't there be a game that is £15 pay on the day, whether your friend is a ST holder or not so the club can research effectively whether more fans will come for the cheaper prices.

Anyway enough moaning, those who can make it on Sat, sing your heart out for those that can't.

CTID

For what its worth I have seen the atmos at AG dry up since re-opening the EE TBH - and thats not knocking the EE before anyone starts ranting coz they do what they can & deserve more credit but Pre re opening of EE blocks A&B of Dolman would be rocking every game and would drag AS & williams into it...........when "Half" the EE re-opened a lot of the noise went back there and some (not as many granted) stayed in Dolman - splitting the noise by quite a distance (I can't hear the EE some games)

The thing was.....back then....seats were un reserved in block A or B so to ensure you were there in amongst the noise you had to get in 15-30 mins prior to KO or you did not get a seat in those areas ....and thats where you wanted to be because it was mental up there at times ......this enabled the atmos to build up well prior to KO...............now a lot of fans dont walk in until 5 mins before KO....how can you build up an atmos in 5 mins?

The Ajax fans were a credit tonight, made me very proud, fantastic atmosphere for 90 minutes, no scarves or other gimmicks, just contiuous singing and a few flares. If we could replicate half the passion that the various VAK groups and FSide have, then Forza Revolution would be a "force".

Two words....

Royal Antwerp

...at Ashton Gate - Best atmosphere I've heard from away fans at AG....EVER ! They didn't need gimmics, they went for, and went for it all game !

I find it interesting that Students think they have any less money than those of us that are married with kids, work full time and have to pay Mortgages and other bills? The prices are just as high (and difficult to find the money to pay for) for us. :violin:

I'd read it again mate. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick

Two words....

Royal Antwerp

...at Ashton Gate - Best atmosphere I've heard from away fans at AG....EVER ! They didn't need gimmics, they went for, and went for it all game !

Fuelled by a few thousand pints of alcohol consumed during the day and the day before on the ferry over.

Alcohol makes people want to sing and dance around but there are very few bars in AG and not one in the williams than you can enter without being a member of the prawn sandwich brigade.

AV will have massive bar areas and should create a good atmosphere pre-game (as do concourses when we play away) and then that should translate in to the game itself.

BCAGFC

Everyone mentions how great foreign support is but seem to over look the fact this happens because they stand, the best away atmosphere's we have had away in recent years have been when everyone has stood, West Ham this year, Portsmouth in the cup the other year, Palace in the play offs. More people get involved and have a laugh if they can stand/jump around

I watched Ajax Vs Heerven athe Amsterdam Arena a few years ago when I was working there......didn't think the atmos was that great and the football was boring too. The ground and facilities are superb though with a metro station and other stuff right next door

Archived