IGNORED

Sean Davies In On Loan?

Longacre_red

He played 4 times for Bolton in season 2009-10, nothing last season, nothing this season.

Davis only started playing reserve team football in the middle of December after 27 months out injured.

At the risk of being calle Mr Negative this doesn't sound like the player we need. I may be wrong but this just looks like another player on the pay role why are people getting excited.

Not played a competative game in over a season and a half how is he going to help our relegation battle?

May be good for the player to get some match fitness, good for Bolton that we are contributing to his wages but don't see what would be in it for Bristol City.

Agree to an extent, 2 major knee injuries and a succession of operations and setbacks leading to no football for 27 months doesn't sound promising.

However we're absolutely desperate for an experienced midfield player of his type, and if he can stay fit he should be a real asset.

Let's just hope we're lucky with this one and that Davis arrives fit and firing on all cylinders and makes a positive impact during his month at AG.

Hmmm...out with a serious knee injury for a long time.....out on loan to get match fitness....out on the piss with the City lads in town...welcome to Bristol Mr Sean (where's the treatment room) Davies....

And easily better than anything we currently have.

Hmmm...out with a serious knee injury for a long time.....out on loan to get match fitness....out on the piss with the City lads in town...welcome to Bristol Mr Sean (where's the treatment room) Davies....

What makes you think he'll be "out on the piss" ??

Dont understand the negativity with this at all. We are seriously light in midfield and this will give us another body in there.

Best case scenario- he comes and shows a glimpse of the prem player he has been in the past, adding bite and passing ability to our midfield.

Worst case scenario- he comes in, gets injured and we are lumbered with him for 1 month.

Definitely worth the risk. Bearing in mind it is apparently only for a month- we wont be paying vast sums.

Because he is a fantastic player, if it was david beckham coming back from 2 years injured you wouldn't be saying it, form is temp class is perm

With the greatest respect he's not David Beckham. Can't get in the Bolton team either because he's unfit or not showing the class you talk about.

Lets be honest with ourselves, if he was the class act you talk about why would Bolton be loaning him out and why to a struggling Championship team not a team going for the playoffs.

I remember the same talk with Nicky Hunt and look how that turned out.

Ooh this will be fun, assuming he signs/signs

Another injury prone older midfielder, on high wages and no doubt a loan fee. Awesome! Have we stolen Ipswich's transfer policy now.?

If you want upbeat, then it could be a David Howell's style masterstroke, but somehow given our penchance for injuries for the minute I'm not going to be jumping around like its the solution to our problems.

All that considered we are looking a bit desperate, especially away from home, I suppose the only other option at this stage, in these circumstances, would be the young 'uns.

With the greatest respect he's not David Beckham. Can't get in the Bolton team either because he's unfit or not showing the class you talk about.

Lets be honest with ourselves, if he was the class act you talk about why would Bolton be loaning him out and why to a struggling Championship team not a team going for the playoffs.

I remember the same talk with Nicky Hunt and look how that turned out.

he returned to training december 27th after 27 months out and has only been aloud out on loan to regain match fitness he will be playing for Bolton before the end of the season

he returned to training december 27th after 27 months out and has only been aloud out on loan to regain match fitness he will be playing for Bolton before the end of the season

So he's not match fit and as soon as he is he's back to Bolton.

Are we a charity?? I asume we will be paying part of his wages while he's with us. So we get him fit, he goes back and saves Bolton from relegation and were left with nothing.

Are we a charity?? I asume we will be paying part of his wages while he's with us. So we get him fit, he goes back and saves Bolton from relegation and were left with nothing.

Oh lighten up! Don't we need a midfielder ourselves? Do a good job here for a month and it might win us some vital points in our fight against relegation. Better than sitting on our hands doing nothing!

No, in a months time we will have Skuse back. It's a win win situation, the loans only a month, so if he does get injured or fails to hit form then we aren't left with him. If he does find his old form again, then he will make a hell of a difference to our team.

Am i right in thinking that if it's an emergency loan deal then the deal doesn't have to be signed until two hours before kick off similar to like we did with Mcmanus?

Pretty sure for a Saturday game players have to be signed by 5pm on the Friday before, whereas in midweek (when the football league offices are open) it is by 4pm on the day of the game.

Archived