IGNORED

Football Is Becoming A Joke

Esmond Million's Bung

I fear one day football will just kill itself. If it's not for the likes of pompy, rangers, chasing the dream and living well beyond their means then it's rubbish like this!

What the hell is the game we love becoming? I can safely say I have witnessed football change a lot over the years and it's not for the better.

You should'nt take this at face value.

I get the feeling, this is in response to the accusations fo racist abuse....

Tit for tat...

of course it is it virtually says as much in the article, the point is it is a joke of a response and the reveals everything that needs to be known about modern football, i'm sure that there is not a black player anywhere in the world who does not know the difference between racist chanting and banter and was one is unacceptable, if UEFA had any balls they would double any punishment aimed at Porto to make a point and perhaps deal with the obvious problem that they have.

of course it is it virtually says as much in the article, the point is it is a joke of a response and the reveals everything that needs to be known about modern football, i'm sure that there is not a black player anywhere in the world who does not know the difference between racist chanting and banter and was one is unacceptable, if UEFA had any balls they would double any punishment aimed at Porto to make a point and perhaps deal with the obvious problem that they have.

Most probably £9000 fine like normal, as long as you me anyone on this forum is alive racist chanting will happen FIFA, UEFA, FA, have got more chance of raising the Titanic than stopping Racist chanting ETC throughout the World.

A small boy was crying his eyes out at a football match. Seeing his plight, a policeman came up to him and asked what the problem was.

"I've lost my dad," cried the boy. "What's he like?" asked the policeman.

"Beer, fags and women," said the boy.

Now that's a joke

It is and is going into BigTones vault

Football started killing its self a few years back with the introduction of massive amounts of cash. It will fall apart one day, it cant go on in the same vain, clubs cannot keep up with the big demand on players wages, well maybe some of the top 10 across europe can, but no one else.

So when will clubs start to sue each other for anything. Their fans put off our best player by chanting stuff at him, were taking you to court! Could it really get that bad, "you bet".

Football use to be for many years my favorite sport by a long way. Its now not, nor do i watch top fight football. Sky/BBC, or any other that broadcast it have not sold the dream to me. For me it's not as great as they think it is. In-fact i would call their hand and their big money bluff.

Any sport at the highest level is over rated by those who which to make a massive amount of money. Football has been a victim to this.

The English game has gone through massive changes in the last few years. I am not seeing too many productive things that have come out of these changes. England are poor as a nation, players have become a new type of rock star, their paid too much, too expensive to attend games, players not up for it as much these days, etc etc.

Even at our club, over paid players driving around in flash cars, like their gods, not even in the first team. Is this what the paying fans want from these people. I know that i don't. But this is the case across the country, and a situation that many supporters have to put up with, because thats the way things are..

Whatt needs to happen is where supporters, who have helped to create this situation, by paying the wages, by no choice of their own, start to say enough is enough, you have killed the game we love, we are no longer interested until you make some changes.

The Current situation at Rangers and Portsmouth highlight the mess that football currently finds its self in. Once again greed and money. They have to be the things to blame for those in that situation. I feel sorry for the supporters of those clubs. I have been there with my own side in the 1980's. Attending every game like it was the last. I would not wish that on any supporter.

Football in order to move forward could start to look at wage capping for each division. The most important issue that this would perhaps stop from preventing are those supporters who currently face not having a team to watch anymore. After all, are the most important people connected to the sport the people who watch and attend games. With these people, there would be no interest in the sport, and it would be played like a local hockey match watched by a few die hards. With a wage cap system in place, it would create an equal playing field across the divisions, save clubs from trying to over reach by spending money that they do not have and in general make the sport a more interesting one to watch?

Just my thoughts, plus day off, and there is nothing like a saturday after morning rant. Use to be a Saturday afternoon one, but i do not want to be sued at half time at Aston Gate.

of course as well as not being incredible, Hulk doesn't turn green when he puts on his football shirt and his name isn't actually Hulk it's Givanildo Vieira de Souza, so perhaps UEFA should not allow nicknames on the shirt.

OMG have I insulted him?.

If you carry on like that he's gonna tear that shirt off and let his 24" Pythons run all over you, brother.

Speaking of Hulky.. 83 million buy out clause.. just a tad overpriced?

Basically a way of holding onto prize assets- get him when he's relatively unknown, unsure whether he'll be much good. Then whack a great buyout clause on player that no club will pay. He's good after all- stuck there pretty much until contract done. If anyone pays it he can be replaced with a tidy profit- job done!

You should'nt take this at face value.

I get the feeling, this is in response to the accusations fo racist abuse....

Tit for tat...

Ever watch games from Northern Ireland when Sky show them? Fans at one end of the ground waving Union Flags and Ulster Volunterer Force banners, fans at the other end waving Irish tricolours. It's not considered racial or sectarianist; it's just normal for a game between say Linfield & Glentorran.

Soon all fans will have to sit and watch and not say a word. Absolutely farcical!

Soon?

That's what its like already!

The greedy and rich elite have killed the game that was once full of passion, desire and pride.

We once all enjoyed the fierce rivalry, banter and fun! (They're all prohibited now!)

Football is dying .... the fans need to reclaim their game before it dies completely.

Soon?

That's what its like already!

The greedy and rich elite have killed the game that was once full of passion, desire and pride.

We once all enjoyed the fierce rivalry, banter and fun! (They're all prohibited now!)

Football is dying .... the fans need to reclaim their game before it dies completely.

Absolutely, the much hated Roy Keane had a point with his prawn sandwich rant and so do you my friend, football as we KNEW it is dying.

Archived