IGNORED

Time To Start The Youngsters?

South Bristol Red

Playing the youngsters is more or less giving up now and saying we are relegated.

Our youngsters are nowhere near good enough and are struggling to impress in the lower leagues.. If we want to have half a chance we need to play our current first-team players.

Because thats seen us on a solid run of form, consisting of 6 games, 15 goals conceeded, 3 scored and a total of 1 point. It's clearly working so we should definately continue with that policy as it's seeing us rise up the table like a salmon up a waterfall.

Continually doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of stupidity, and we've been solidly on that course for the last 3 years, maybe it's time we changed that.

I'm not saying drop everyone and stick in the kids as i agree that would be suicide, but something has got to change otherwise we are going down. Playing a couple of them who want to run themselfs half to death for the cause, and have no fear like the senior pros have, could make all the difference and drag the senior pros along with them.

It maight not work, but i think it's fairly safe to say that what we are currently doing is simply not working.

MOST SENIOR PLAYERS OBVIOUSLY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH OR CANNOT BE ARSED

lets some kids play, surely they cannot do any worse than our current crop of shite

What we need now is a cool head and experience, not a time to play youngsters.

I hope with Spink coming in for the season that all academy coaches are told thank you good bye, with the area they scout and the players available they have produced nothing, Crystal Palace keep doing it and many other clubs, we are upping our academy status lets get some good coaches in, hope with Spink, McIness has got a few for the youth set up.

I can't see what harm it would do to put Reid, say, on the bench and allow him to show what he can do with a 20-minute sub appearance.

With most of the squad looking very tired today, we could use a bit of youthful zest.

They aren't the solution to our problems, but as has been said, they could hardly do worse.

I'm beginning to question our manager's ability to judge things like this...

It's not just McInnes though- was saying to a mate the other day how we always seem to just have players sitting on the payroll, including youth players. How long has Edwards been here, how many games has he played? Same with Jackson, forever out on loan 4 games in 3 years. Danny Ball, remember the name but not his appearances.

Bottom line is, the academy is surely failing. Has been for some while I dare say.

Would say recall Ribeiro and give him a shot at RB, has shown previously that he has quality but problem in he gets found out of position a bit, to be fair it wouldn't likely be as bad as some performances we've seen anyway.

Carey will play alongside Fontaine as long as both are fit now, but Wilson will be sub to them.

Other then that I would leave the youngsters alone tbh

Yep, lets play youngters.. I'm sure they have experience and are up for a relegation fight!

they may not have the experience, but someone like Ribeiro should be considerd as he has played this level before and well. He must also realise that if he doesn't impress he won't be around at city for long so more than likely he will be eager and less likely than someone else to give up during a game. Also if he performs he would be looking for an international call up.

Everyone started at some time - Rooney didn't have "experience" when Everton threw him into their first team (not that I'm suggesting we have a young Rooney on the books!!!) and the only real way to see if they can cut it with the big boys is to give them a bit of first team exposure. You can only glean so much from the training ground and reserve football. Some will flounder others will raise their game immeasurably.

Given that many of our first-teamers are only firing on one cylinder (or less) and we have an injury crisis, I suggest putting one or two youngsters on the bench.

What we need now is a cool head and experience, not a time to play youngsters.

A bit of sense. Don't discount any decent young un's we got knocking about but... I didn't think we played too badly today especially the first half certainly if you compare it with other games and games like Peterborough. Appreciate that might not be a popular opinion on here.

We are running out of games, but maybe it's not time to chuck the baby out with the bath water. Who knows..

The thing about youngsters these days is what is there focus? Do they want to be succesful footballers or do they want to be rich young men with fast cars and girls chasing them around fancy bars all night? Many youngsters seem to have the second option as their focus. I remember being out a few years back and seeing a group of our younger players, maybe 5 of them, all done up wearing nice clothes and big shiny watches and whistling at girls! These players were only about 18 or 19! I guess that's just the way modern football is!

It's the standard call when a club reaches our lows - "give the kids a go"

Can't do any worse by giving some of them a chance. At least they may have the hunger. Not convinced that would be anything like enough on it's own. How many young players have we blooded, out of the hundreds that come through us, that have actually gone on to be half decent, let alone good?

Archived