IGNORED

Time To Call Time On Jamo?

hippy273

Admittedly I've only seen Carey a few times but personally I thought he's been at least decent every time, what makes you say that?

Just how I see it I don't think he's commanding enough and looks a bit suspect on set pieces and crossing,

Happy for him to prove me wrong though

Admittedly I've only seen Carey a few times but personally I thought he's been at least decent every time, what makes you say that?

He got some good feedback from his spell at Gloucester City. I know it is not quite the same level, but does it matter so much for a keeper? I guess the shots and timing of shots get better the higher up the league you go, but the arial bombardment and general handling must be similar.

He is small for a keeper though, although that didn't do Ronnie Sinclair any harm.

I was nearly posItive then!

David James will choose not to re-sign - if we offer him another year.

3 reasons

1. He won't be prepared to play League 1 football on Leaague 1 money - and unless someone in the Championship offers him a deal he will retire I think.

2. Wages - we won't be able to afford him in League 1, ridiculous for us to be paying a GK £20K pw in L1. James won't want to play for the money we will be able

to afford. Clearly there will be cost cutting , reduced squad size etc reduced wages, and even if SL wants to go on paying him the gap between what he earns

and what the rest earn will be even larger in L1 and I doubt DM wil be happy with that - squad unity etc

3. DM is going to rebuild the squad (wether we stay up (in our dreams) or not and I think he will have his own GK in mind. You don't rebuild with a 42 yr old at No 1

CR

I don't really think James really looks unfit, and he makes some great saves at times. Its just that he occasionally makes some wrong decisions, but he's always been a bit like this hasn't he?

You have to question David James though, conceeding 3 goals a game now you can't blame entirely on the defence especially as many goals as that.

You have to question David James though, conceeding 3 goals a game now you can't blame entirely on the defence especially as many goals as that.

you can look at the 3 on saturday 1 delected free kick one free header and one good counter attacking move none James's fault

You're having a giraffe!

Like I said before, with the man's celebrated credentials he has very high standards and it is so easy to knock him.

That save he made in the second half v Blackpool was world class.

Whilst he's with us we should enjoy the example he sets with his training drills and attitude. I wish some of our other players current & not so current had the same attitude & dedication. And don't dole out that old chestnut about being very expensive because if money was his driving force he wouldn't have been here in the first place.

The only mistake the club has made is getting rid of Hendo & keeping Gerken because when he does go only then will we come to realise his true value.

And a thoroughly nice bloke to boot!

You're having a giraffe!

Like I said before, with the man's celebrated credentials he has very high standards and it is so easy to knock him.

That save he made in the second half v Blackpool was world class.

Whilst he's with us we should enjoy the example he sets with his training drills and attitude. I wish some of our other players current & not so current had the same attitude & dedication. And don't dole out that old chestnut about being very expensive because if money was his driving force he wouldn't have been here in the first place.

The only mistake the club has made is getting rid of Hendo & keeping Gerken because when he does go only then will we come to realise his true value.

And a thoroughly nice bloke to boot!

Dont you think his wages could be better spent? It would also be nice to give a decent young keeper (like hendo) a chance.

At his age - he can only get worse..... physically - its not worth the risk IMO.

The second he could have dealt with better from the original cross, the other two were unfortunate. More generally he's been much improved since McInnes has arrived, whether he'll be here next year will be largely linked to which division we're in and what contract can be negotiated, as others have said. I'd be surprised if Del wants rid of him completely.

It really was a brilliant stop, and has been a frequent aspect of his time here. He can't save everything, but he does save a lot of stuff that he has no right to.

Agree, that save was World Class but nobody has mentioned his kicking v Blackpool which frankly was almost all poor, whether from dead balls, pass backs or from hand.

It's been great to have him on board and he is that rare thing - a highly intelligent player, but I think his time as a player is up.

I say - thanks DJ and good luck with the rest of your career, which I think might be as a TV pundit. You are certainly knowledgeable and articulate enough to do that very well.

Agree, that save was World Class but nobody has mentioned his kicking v Blackpool which frankly was almost all poor, whether from dead balls, pass backs or from hand.

It's been great to have him on board and he is that rare thing - a highly intelligent player, but I think his time as a player is up.

I say - thanks DJ and good luck with the rest of your career, which I think might be as a TV pundit. You are certainly knowledgeable and articulate enough to do that very well.

I think he has an issue with either his knees or his hips which make putting his foot through the ball too painful. Just an observation mixed with a lot of guesswork but I remember his kicking being one of his strengths earlier in his career. Unfortunately our team are so stupid they rarely make themselves available for a short pass or throw, which would be a much better use of the ball than another sliced kick.

He has to go. We cannot justify paying a goalkeeper that much each week, regardless of which league we are in! Now factor in James's age and his overall performance then it's surely a no brainer. After an embarrassing start he settled down and has been decent between the sticks for a few months now. However he hasn't exactly been jaw dropping and there are many younger goalies who could do as good a job, if not better, for a lower wage. Should he go I'll wish him well and he's a very interesting and intelligent man but I sincerely hope he's not at the Gate next season.

Archived