IGNORED

Time To Call Time On Jamo?

hippy273

David James will choose not to re-sign - if we offer him another year.

3 reasons

1. He won't be prepared to play League 1 football on Leaague 1 money - and unless someone in the Championship offers him a deal he will retire I think.

2. Wages - we won't be able to afford him in League 1, ridiculous for us to be paying a GK £20K pw in L1. James won't want to play for the money we will be able

to afford. Clearly there will be cost cutting , reduced squad size etc reduced wages, and even if SL wants to go on paying him the gap between what he earns

and what the rest earn will be even larger in L1 and I doubt DM wil be happy with that - squad unity etc

3. DM is going to rebuild the squad (wether we stay up (in our dreams) or not and I think he will have his own GK in mind. You don't rebuild with a 42 yr old at No 1

CR

I agree - I think DM will have his own keeper in mind in the summer.

I don't think you can blame David James for every mistake that Bristol City have in the defence because 9 times out of ten it is the defence. However he has made some great saves such as last game against Blackpool as that was world class however he has made some bad school boy errors such as the one against Ipswich when he kicked it straight at Chopra. Overall, he is a good Championship goalie which we should keep as a coach once he decides to end his playing career.

I think he has an issue with either his knees or his hips which make putting his foot through the ball too painful. Just an observation mixed with a lot of guesswork but I remember his kicking being one of his strengths earlier in his career. Unfortunately our team are so stupid they rarely make themselves available for a short pass or throw, which would be a much better use of the ball than another sliced kick.

It's his hips, I only found this out Saturday, maybe a centre back to take goal kicks in the second half if the pain is too bad?

It's his hips, I only found this out Saturday, maybe a centre back to take goal kicks in the second half if the pain is too bad?

This just about sums up the sorry state our club is in at the moment!

A goalkeeper too old to kick, jump or dive due to his bad hips, so we'll get the centre half to take the kicks - unbelievable!

He was at fault for the third Blackpool goal as he missed the ball trying to jump and put it over the bar allowing their player to head in at the back post.

Some blinkered people on here talk about his intelligence and professionalism - even after he admits failing to prepare properly for some games and his distribution is poor - why would anybody want to keep a player that gives so little - I was hoping DM would sort the problem out but either his hands are tied due to DJ contract or he is not the manager we need!

This just about sums up the sorry state our club is in at the moment!

A goalkeeper too old to kick, jump or dive due to his bad hips, so we'll get the centre half to take the kicks - unbelievable!

He was at fault for the third Blackpool goal as he missed the ball trying to jump and put it over the bar allowing their player to head in at the back post.

Some blinkered people on here talk about his intelligence and professionalism - even after he admits failing to prepare properly for some games and his distribution is poor - why would anybody want to keep a player that gives so little - I was hoping DM would sort the problem out but either his hands are tied due to DJ contract or he is not the manager we need!

I think quite simply, Gerken should be in goal if this is the case. Would rather a fully fit keeper than a keeper with poor hips!

Archived