IGNORED

Premonition About Ipswich Game

Murraysrightplum

So was I, 1-0, Ritchie pen wasn't it?

I shall be travelling east tomorrow, BUT not to Ipswich.

Going on the steam hauled "Bristolian" to Padd and back. A gift from my kids for my 60th and I'm NOT taking a radio as I want to enjoy the day!

Yes I believe it was Sir Tom,did you ever travel on Taffys coach or maybe beanies.

Not really, quite often Barry's coach, or (blush) CATS but usually chuffer.

You missed out,absolutely mental,and for all you south bristol boys,taffy's coach was all north of the river,and we were always the first coach to get to the game,which was fun.

1978 I was working in Norwich and could not get down to Ipswich; City won that day.

Most of my family have since moved to Ipswich and I usually go to the City games at Portman Road. Due to other commitments neither I nor my brother who lives in Ipswich can get there this week. I look upon that as THE omen.

I made my one and only visit to Ipswich in 78.

It was their last home match before their appearance in the F.A. Cup Final so they had handed out blue flags which were being waved all round the ground and Bobby Robson was on the pitch at the end taking the fans' applause.

Pretty sure we lost fairly easily, so we must have played at Ipswich again in the first few months of the 78/79 season to have won there in 78.

We were in an enclosure with City and Ipswich fans in the end to our right and it didn't look like there were more than a couple of coachloads of City fans there.

When was the last game we scored 4, anyone recall, and was Murraysrightplum on the scoresheet?

As for tomorrow I always believe we can win and lets face it a little luck and a good performance is overdue and to be frank its about time we got something there!

The only one I can remember was a 4-1 away win at Coventry.

The only one I can remember was a 4-1 away win at Coventry.

We're perennial low scorers, we hardly ever score 4.

Not at all this season, and we've only even scored 3 once against Burnley.

Last season we scored 4 twice, PNE and Coventry, both away.

The season before 4 at home to PNE and 5 :shocking::clapping: at home to Barnsley.

Year before that 4 at home to Doncaster and again away at Watford.

First season up we couldn't manage to score 4 once.

That's about it as far as I can see, we've scored 4 or more only 6 times in 217 Championship fixtures over the past 5 years. :doh::fastasleep:

P.S. We weren't exactly high scorers in the seasons before that either - Come on City, we've been bloody patient, give us some goals! praying%20smiley.gif

We're perennial low scorers, we hardly ever score 4.

Not at all this season, and we've only even scored 3 once against Burnley.

Last season we scored 4 twice, PNE and Coventry, both away.

The season before 4 at home to PNE and 5 :shocking::clapping: at home to Barnsley.

Year before that 4 at home to Doncaster and again away at Watford.

First season up we couldn't manage to score 4 once.

That's about it as far as I can see, we've scored 4 or more only 6 times in 217 Championship fixtures over the past 5 years. :doh::fastasleep:

P.S. We weren't exactly high scorers in the seasons before that either - Come on City, we've been bloody patient, give us some goals! praying%20smiley.gif

No we never have been, however, I do remember hammering some team 6-0 at home in league one a few seasons back? They played in blue and I'm taking a guess at Gillingham? Mark mcgammon scored a couple I think.

No we never have been, however, I do remember hammering some team 6-0 at home in league one a few seasons back? They played in blue and I'm taking a guess at Gillingham? Mark mcgammon scored a couple I think.

You're mostly right Lew, just looked it up.

18th March 2006, City 6 Gillingham 0.

Scorers: Brooker, Carey (2), Skuse (pen), Wilkshire, McCammon.

Crowd: 10,932.

6 years since we scored 6 then, well overdue. :yes:

I remember another game, possibly against Cambridge, when we notched 6 and Tinman completed the rout with a volley into the Atyeo right at the end. New Years fixture I think.

You're mostly right Lew, just looked it up.

18th March 2006, City 6 Gillingham 0.

Scorers: Brooker, Carey (2), Skuse (pen), Wilkshire, McCammon.

Crowd: 10,932.

6 years since we scored 6 then, well overdue. :yes:

I remember another game, possibly against Cambridge, when we notched 6 and Tinman completed the rout with a volley into the Atyeo right at the end. New Years fixture I think.

Tony Thorpe hat-trick! 2001

Ok I had a dream last night that we would go behind early but then come back to win 4-1 after making some key substitutions.

The only trouble is I scored one of the goals and my mate rick scored 2 of the others (we were the key subs). So should I take my boots on Saturday?

That my friend is why it's called a dream.

On another note I think Forest will win today, and we'll lose, abuse me all you like but we're flat bottom of the form table with Ipswich in 4th, Forest and Burnley are mid table and Forest seem up for it recently. The only positive I can see is Coventry losing to Leicester but they're unpredictable too.

Ok I had a dream last night that we would go behind early but then come back to win 4-1 after making some key substitutions.

The only trouble is I scored one of the goals and my mate rick scored 2 of the others (we were the key subs). So should I take my boots on Saturday?

have you got your boots?

Archived