IGNORED

Coventry - Transfer Embargo

City Loyal

Coventry given temporary transfer embargo after late filing of club accounts.

I know its not as bad as Pompey etc....but clubs are just not being run correctly.

It is football that isn't being run properly. How many clubs in the country could be regarded as a going concern? Most are in hock to the tax service or to a rich sponsor (as we are) and vulnerable to financial ruin at any time. Sad to say, football is now a truly sordid business where success and financial jeopardy go hand in hand. If City was ever to get to the Premier League, it would only be by placing the future of the club in even greater jeopardy than it is now. Life isn't always like it is in video games. Frankly I'd rather be watching League One football than to see the club place itself in even greater debt. Maybe then we'd start seeing young players in the side, and players with an association with the club and the city.

It is football that isn't being run properly. How many clubs in the country could be regarded as a going concern? Most are in hock to the tax service or to a rich sponsor (as we are) and vulnerable to financial ruin at any time. Sad to say, football is now a truly sordid business where success and financial jeopardy go hand in hand. If City was ever to get to the Premier League, it would only be by placing the future of the club in even greater jeopardy than it is now. Life isn't always like it is in video games. Frankly I'd rather be watching League One football than to see the club place itself in even greater debt. Maybe then we'd start seeing young players in the side, and players with an association with the club and the city.

Have to agree with you here...Football is a shambles. Even with a new Stadium, progress to the top flight would mean far more debt. It's a catch 22...that's why i get more of a buzz watching lower tier Football these days.

Archived