IGNORED

Talk To Us Mr L

Clevedon Red

He has not just started backing Bristol Rugby club, he has been doing it for a few years, he just made it public recently or am i wrong in my typing?

Difference in backing, to buying and owning, completely different ball game

Difference in backing, to buying and owning, completely different ball game

Maybe he has taken his eye of the ball and other interest have taken over, his business company seem to be going from strength to strength, maybe Hargreaves being his wing man there he misses him when it comes to the Club.

Maybe he has taken his eye of the ball and other interest have taken over, his business company seem to be going from strength to strength, maybe Hargreaves being his wing man there he misses him when it comes to the Club.

Could be. i think he should be getting his first sporting ship in order before moving onto another on. poor decision on his part i think

He owns Bristol City, we are in dire straits, his attention at this time should be making things right here, then starting up a new sporting venture. Pretty poor judgement imo at this moment in time

please inform us of why you think this. Why is this a poor judgement saving Bristol Rugby from going under?

Could be. i think he should be getting his first sporting ship in order before moving onto another on. poor decision on his part i think

What makes you think that he will be involved into the day today running of the club? Why do you think this is a poor decision on his part?

please inform us of why you think this. Why is this a poor judgement saving Bristol Rugby from going under?

Concentrate on one problem at a time.

Bristol were not going to go under, ander were doing retty damn well this season before he bought them.

Should be concentrating on Getting Bristol City in order, before taking his eyes off the ball investing in another sporting club

From the day Steve Lansdown stepped down from being our chairman, i knew the club were going to go downhill

Steve,s presence was massive. Huge figure head for our club and said all thr right things

CS is boring, he knows sweet f@@@ all about football in general and really has no passion about the football club we all love

Steve leaving to live in Guernsey could and probably will be our downfall

I know what you mean, it's always diffcult to criticise the guy who I respect but the problem is mate (in my oppinion) he knows little about the technical aspects of the game. Its arguably his dabbling in on the field affairs that are behind many of the problems. Don't forget the Wolves Chairman went into the dressing room and the press went mad, this is something I understand happened quite a lot under Millen. He became to close to Johnson, he has all but admitted this and is in my view the real reason why he is no longer front and centre. Given his time again and with the benifit of hindsight would he have pushed to sign David James, especially when there was a very good young keeper at the club...probably not. Wages that he would have been better to invest in our woeful denfence. that same summer.

All that said it has been his money to invest and I fully support him and his son, his lasting legacy must be Ashton Vale and the diffciencies of the last 3 years will soon be forgotten in years to come as long as we learn from the recent episodes and put far more firmer foundations in place.

Bristol were not going to go under, ander were doing retty damn well this season before he bought them.

Should be concentrating on Getting Bristol City in order, before taking his eyes off the ball investing in another sporting club

They were, without is investment they were in the shit. Look into it my advice.

They were, without is investment they were in the shit. Look into it my advice.

No, he just became the owner, he was already giving them financial backing. My issue is he has taken ownership, like he has at City. Why add more headaches and things to oversee when your first sporting purchase is going to shite. i.e spiralling debts for him, A stadium project which seemingly is eating more of his money with no real end in sight, and a team which looks like it is going to plunge into div1 and lose him even more money.

What does he do? instead of being an investor and looking into Purchasing them later, giving him time to oversee all the problems at BS3, he has now taken ownership of another sporting club, taking even more of his time away from bristol City.

I am sorry, i am not sure if he is sporting empire building, but he should get his priorities straight, and sortus out first, thentake over bristol rugby.

No, he just became the owner, he was already giving them financial backing. My issue is he has taken ownership, like he has at City. Why add more headaches and things to oversee when your first sporting purchase is going to shite. i.e spiralling debts for him, A stadium project which seemingly is eating more of his money with no real end in sight, and a team which looks like it is going to plunge into div1 and lose him even more money.

What does he do? instead of being an investor and looking into Purchasing them later, giving him time to oversee all the problems at BS3, he has now taken ownership of another sporting club, taking even more of his time away from bristol City.

I am sorry, i am not sure if he is sporting empire building, but he should get his priorities straight, and sortus out first, thentake over bristol rugby.

Why ask yourself that question, he could be investing in any City or Clubs like us in the World, he is doing ok for Bristol.

Tis CR

You need that man at the Gate making after match comments and saying how HE will keep this club in the Championship

What benefit is that going to be though? Do you want him doing a Dave Whelan and saying he's going to be calling McInnes to a meeting next week and asking him why he picked that team etc? A chairman/owner interfering etc rarely has a stabilising influence and the last thing we need at the moment is problems off the field. Look at Ambramovich & AVB at Chelsea. Hardly beneficial for their club.

Would McInnes tolerate that kind of interference as well? All that kind of stuff should be kept in-house and rightly so.

Why ask yourself that question, he could be investing in any City or Clubs like us in the World, he is doing ok for Bristol.

Is he doing okay for Bristol City if we go down? I care about Bristol City, I am on a Bristol City forum. I don't even like Rugby, why should I give a stuff about Bristol? Lansdown, as owner has a duty to put in his full efforts into getting us out of the mire, instead he is starting to take his eye off the ball at the wrong time. It is wrong, from a purely Bristol City perspective, which is all I am interested in

Concentrate on one job at a times to make sense, does SL have too many plates spinning or perhaps he's not got the right people spinning those plates. Here's the mixed bag of the sporting empire:

Bristol Rugby - doing well

BCFC - failing

Ashton Vale - on hold

BCFC academy - failing

BCFC training ground - to my knowledge unfinished

To get this lot all doing well and into one business group will be brilliant but its a long way off....

Is he doing okay for Bristol City if we go down? I care about Bristol City, I am on a Bristol City forum. I don't even like Rugby, why should I give a stuff about Bristol? Lansdown, as owner has a duty to put in his full efforts into getting us out of the mire, instead he is starting to take his eye off the ball at the wrong time. It is wrong, from a purely Bristol City perspective, which is all I am interested in

In fairness though he can't win, he either gets to invloved and is seen an undermining the manager or interferring.. Or he stays quiet and he appears not to care, I suspect that could not be further from the truth. I'm sure he is desperate for City to be succesfull, his investment indicates nothing less, if anything I suspect it is his hunger and desire for the club to be succesful that is perhaps sometimes the problem.

One thing I like about Steve Lansdown he always questions the West Country attitude to accept mediocrity and he is right, I for one am quite pleased people are fed up wit the current situation and the thread about Acceptance is probably an indication of the problem. Perhaps we as fans should be more vocal, not negitive for negitives sake but a least be constructive in highlighting things to the club or the playing staff.

The fact is we have put up with poor peformances for some time and we shoud not accept it.

He is not taking his eye of the ball he has put in charge people he thinks are up for the job, so don't blame Lansdown look at the wider picture, jesus christ without him we would be a Portsmouth, and this is the man who is bankrolling the new stadium, WOW. Right get him back from Guernsy and demand to takes fall control and has to comment to fans after every game, with certain fans if i was Lansdown i would say get on without me.

What benefit is that going to be though? Do you want him doing a Dave Whelan and saying he's going to be calling McInnes to a meeting next week and asking him why he picked that team etc? A chairman/owner interfering etc rarely has a stabilising influence and the last thing we need at the moment is problems off the field. Look at Ambramovich & AVB at Chelsea. Hardly beneficial for their club.

Would McInnes tolerate that kind of interference as well? All that kind of stuff should be kept in-house and rightly so.

Strong chairman should be at the helm

Sadly CS aint got any of that

He is not taking his eye of the ball he has put in charge people he thinks are up for the job, so don't blame Lansdown look at the wider picture, jesus christ without him we would be a Portsmouth, and this is the man who is bankrolling the new stadium, WOW. Right get him back from Guernsy and demand to takes fall control and has to comment to fans after every game, with certain fans if i was Lansdown i would say get on without me.

No we wouldn't be like portsmouth, we were not losing masses before Lansdown came in. We are now, after he has backed his own mistakes with lots of his own money. The losses now are right down to him. Ands what is worse, we could be in the same division that we started off in, when we had very little debt before Lansdown started chucking his bucks about on not much! We owe him nothing, he bought all this debt to himself through his own big mistakes

He states Bristolians accept mediocrity, well, clearly not as lots of us are berating what is happening at the club

No we wouldn't be like portsmouth, we were not losing masses before Lansdown came in. We are now, after he has backed his own mistakes with lots of his own money. The losses now are right down to him. Ands what is worse, we could be in the same division that we started off in, when we had very little debt before Lansdown started chucking his bucks about on not much! We owe him nothing, he bought all this debt to himself through his own big mistakes

He states Bristolians accept mediocrity, well, clearly not as lots of us are berating what is happening at the club

Fair enough, last comment from me.

Strong chairman should be at the helm

Sadly CS aint got any of that

What exactly do you expect either of them to do?

CS gave the job to McInnes, who most fans (I would say) wanted to get the job. CS (albeit via SL) has backed the manager in the transfer market, insofar as we know. Certainly, there are no players we have been in for that the board/SL have vetoed, again as far as we know.

What more do you expect CS to be doing?

Maybe he should have one too many sherrys on Tuesday night and have a Delia moment at half time.

The fault ultimately lies in with the playing staff. DM's initial results gave us false expectations. We're still not in the bottom 3 and lets face it, we're due a win!

What exactly do you expect either of them to do?

CS gave the job to McInnes, who most fans (I would say) wanted to get the job. CS (albeit via SL) has backed the manager in the transfer market, insofar as we know. Certainly, there are no players we have been in for that the board/SL have vetoed, again as far as we know.

What more do you expect CS to be doing?

Maybe he should have one too many sherrys on Tuesday night and have a Delia moment at half time.

The fault ultimately lies in with the playing staff. DM's initial results gave us false expectations. We're still not in the bottom 3 and lets face it, we're due a win!

A win?

V Leicester or Cardifff

You aving a tin bath?

Couldn't agree more. And if he laments Bristolian acceptance of mediocrity he could do a bit more to improve his own performance. Mediocre would be too kind a word to describe the last couple of years at the Gate.

In the world of football ownership Lansdown is proving a pretty poor performer.

Archived