IGNORED

You Can Blame The Players All You Want But

BS3_RED

the manager has to take some of the blame at least. He is playing one formation stating that he needs to to keep us tight and yet we are shipping goals like never before.

FFS Del if your formation is not working then change it or leave.

the manager has to take some of the blame at least. He is playing one formation stating that he needs to to keep us tight and yet we are shipping goals like never before.

change to what? 4-4-2 makes us more open which is laughable considering how open we are playing 4-5-1.

change to what? 4-4-2 makes us more open which is laughable considering how open we are playing 4-5-1.

You are really starting to sound like Yessir did defending Johnson. Are you Scottish by any chance.

Ok lets sit back every week and get dicked 3-0. Great thinking. We concede shit loads regardless so we may aswell go for it in games.

So why dont we just go play with 6 strikers? -.-

Great reply. Clearly that's the same as starting 4-4-2.

Here's some trivia for you, the last time we started 4-4-2 we kept a clean sheet and beat Millwall 1-0.

Change it to what? You can say its Dels formation, but most of these players, and their expiring contracts, aren't.

I'm willing to give him time BUT I need to see improvements, or at least him trying to change things. We are just a very poor team that gets turned over every week, surely Del has to take some blame for this? Where's the fight? Where's the emotion? Where's the passion? Yes we have a poor team with poor players but they are still able to fight aint they? Go down fighting dammit!

Next weeks 2 home games need supporters from all 4 sides of the ground supporting the players no matter what the formation.

If we manage to score a goal or even pick up points, things may feel better.

But if the same rubbish is served up, the manager plus the chairman should go!

2 goals scored from headers today, that is due to lack of desire/determination to win a ball in the air.......not the managers fault.

We have lacked a leader at the back for years now, a defender who will put his head in where it hurts, Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga & Wilson are not up to it.......and we seem to have picked up another sick-note in McManus.

We do need to somehow play with a front 2, up to DMc to work out a system that can make that happen..........AND SOON.

BCAGFC

Change it to what? You can say its Dels formation, but most of these players, and their expiring contracts, aren't.

Simples,,,,,,,, DONT PLAY THEM THEN.

If Del feels the players dont care then grow a pair and dont play them.

Simples,,,,,,,, DONT PLAY THEM THEN.

If Del feels the players dont care then grow a pair and dont play them.

So if you were Del, who would you be dropping and who would you replace them with? I'm genuinely interested in who you believe could make the difference, that hasn't been tried or given their chance yet?

So why dont we just go play with 6 strikers? -.-

Well we might score given the default score is to concede 3 in his current formation Jordan. i just cannot for the life of me see your argument in sticking with mcInnes formation when it is clear it doesn't work. You can only back his formation so long before ypu start looking silly with the endles 0 goals scored andd 3 goals conceded. I don't care if he is a manager and knows better than me. he can bullshit his way all the way to div 1 for all I care. his formation and set up has non creativity, no goals and lets in loads of goals. I can tell you, in my non professional capacity, if he continuees to do it we are down.

The fact is he is using the same formation every week with the same Plan B. It is very very predictable for opposing teams and managers, Del boy needs to realise this is English football and not Scottish! We have nothing to lose now as we all expect us to be relegated, so why not try 4-4-2? why not even try 4-3-3? go all out attack, we have nothing to lose other than the predicted relegation!

The fact is he is using the same formation every week with the same Plan B. It is very very predictable for opposing teams and managers, Del boy needs to realise this is English football and not Scottish! We have nothing to lose now as we all expect us to be relegated, so why not try 4-4-2? why not even try 4-3-3? go all out attack, we have nothing to lose other than the predicted relegation!

451 is supposed to be 433 in attack, our players aren't good/intelligent enough to do it though...

More open?! We are picking up 0 points per game as it is, that isn't going to drop to negative figures.

Two up front, and that means two strikers - not a winger who drifts out of position - that way we might actually offer some threat and keep opponents pinned back to their halves.

I think the saying is "the best form of defence is attack" NOT "the best form of defence is playing a bunch of shit in midfield and praying the opposition sit back".

It is fashionable to play 451 in the premier league with wide attackers, the players are good enough to play and adapt to that role. Our players aren't very good and have been brought up playing 442 only so are either wingers or strikers. This teams major failing has been trying to get strikers to play wide left or wingers to play up front, but it doesn't work. Managers need to stop watching the premier league/champions league and copying their tactics because quite simply the players aren't good enough to adapt to different systems. 442 or 4411 is about as complicated as we should get...

Absolutely correct plum, when you have players like frank lampard breaking into the box and scoring for fun you can play fancy formations,unfortunately we don't have players who can adapt to different systems so why managers persist in this flight of fancy I just don't know. Play limited players to their strengths and see where it takes you, don't ask a cart horse to run the national.we have average players who can be capable of putting in a decent performance but only if they can play a simple, easy to understand formation. Leave the technical stuff go the top echelon, they arnt paid circa 200k a week for nowt.

But if the same rubbish is served up, the manager plus the chairman should go!

That will solve everything won't it???

Shall we hound the owner out as well??

If we go down so be it, we re group and come again, it won't be the end of the world.

Look at Pompey, I bet they would swap with us, and there fans still get behind the team and club.

We have been in far worse positions, 92 nd in the football league springs to mind, did we give up then? No we fn didn't is the answer.

Archived