IGNORED

Where It All Went Wrong...........

leylandsroad

In my opinion the turning point of the current demise can be traced back to the departure of Gary Johnson.

It was without doubt the correct decision at the time but the "love in" afterwards in the press conference basically spelled out my worse fears, Steve Lansdown was forced to make a decision he didn't want to and he didn't want to see GJ leave the club, I understand this 100%.

Now since that date we have seen a sucession of shocking signings and to be honest terrible decisions.

It is quite obvious that without Lansdowns money we are a yo yo Championship / League 1 team, I mean we are not as big as the two Sheffield Clubs and without outside finance we are wasting our time. The current team is very poor.

Someone needs to either beg Lansdown to get an experienced manager and get his checkbook out or we will be Div 1 the season after next if not sooner.

All this talk of a new stadium sounds nice but to be honest when I look at the Leeds game yesterday and the likes of Coventry etc I for one do no wish to watch football in a half empy sadium.

to sum up major investment is needed in he team, shit loan signings, shit free transfers and shit prospects. Please Mr Lansdown stop wasting wages on freebies like Kilkenny, Hunt, Wood, McManus, Davis Spence etc if these players were any good there clubs would want them. To have to rely on two ex Barnet wingers is Im afraid clutching at straws, 12 months ago Albert was brilliant but he has been found out and I can't remember his last good game.

Sorry to go on.............

It all started going wrong when we were stalled over the new stadium. As SL said at the time, he "never dreamed it would be this difficult" The focus of the club had altered and we had difficulty getting over the issue. We went from everything in the garden being rosy to the darkest of depressions remarkably quickly.

If it turns out we can't get the new build at AV I think that we can think about floating around in League 1 for quite some time (much to the enjoyment of the hyena's at Gas and Swindon) . Ashton Gate will be developed piecemeal and to a very tight budget, and the club will be allowed to grow slowly again after that. I also suspect we'll be sharing a ground with Bristol Rugby. ... purely to increase the financial viability of Ashton Gate.

Archived