IGNORED

Cardiff's Form = Poor

Kid in the Riot

Not naive enough to think Saturday will be a stroll in the park, but was surprised to see that Cardiff have only won ONE of their last EIGHT games. A 3-1 home win over Posh.

Before anyone points it out I realise that we've also won just once in our last eight.

Cardiff have also drawn 10 games away from home this season, which usually points to a team not being particularly expansive. No doubt they'll be coming for all three points on Saturday though...big game. You reds

Both in poor form but we will get another positive result. A draw would be OK but a win massive.

At this moment i know we all feel, fans, players, and management a good buzz kicking in, the thing is Cardiff are a good outfit, nothing but our best on the day will see us through, that means all of us....if it dont go our way then shout louder, always believe

What do you think the attendance will be? If 12000 can create last night's atmosphere hoping for a noisy 15000 plus on Saturday. Shame it is on tv as that will keep some at home/pub

After last night I am thinking that 12,000 passionate, dedicated fans is better than the extra 3,000 or so.

Having said that, the club needs the money - so come on in please.

But, if you are one of those fans who follows the club but only turns up occasionally, that's fine but please GET INVOLVED.

Last night, the waves of songs and support went from start to finish of the game. It was superb.

Even the Williams Stand joined in !!

It's that time of year. Same as every other year. Cardiff screw up a good start and more. They are serial bottlers and will finish the season empty handed as usual. Only a matter of weeks ago they were on the short tales of the top two. Now they are exhibiting the standard bottling signs. Weak, mentally frail club with a shit stadium.

Whether we get a result of any sort I don't know, but it'll still be ejoyable watching them sink without trace again at the end of the season. My personal favourite was the playoff final against Blackpool. A bunch of us watched it at the pub and you cold barely hear yourself think for the laughing. Good times

Ref OP. Forget to mention.

I think last night was a real turning point in our season.

Not suggesting we are going to win every game between now and the end of the season but I think that result last night and the fantastic team performance, will ensure we keep our confidence up and we won't go down.

So, if we take that into Saturday, of course we can win.

I still want retribution for that freezing February night last year when Cardiff put 6 past us.

Despite horizontal sleet driving into the Dolman that night, some of us stayed to the end.

Sad people.

After last night I am thinking that 12,000 passionate, dedicated fans is better than the extra 3,000 or so.

Having said that, the club needs the money - so come on in please.

But, if you are one of those fans who follows the club but only turns up occasionally, that's fine but please GET INVOLVED.

Last night, the waves of songs and support went from start to finish of the game. It was superb.

Even the Williams Stand joined in !!

Another person issuing orders. Why should people get involved? And who are you to tell people how they should behave......if people are quiet and just want to watch the game then what's wrong with that? Not everyone like to jump around and sing songs......

I fully expect Cardiff to turn it around and finish in the play offs, they have a lot of quality in their squad and a very good young manager.

We may have won our last game against a decent Leceister outfit, just remember that it's one game, and we all thought that we'd turned a corner after West Ham, Southampton etc, only to bet let down again.

I'm staying grounded and I expect Cardiff to come and take all 3 points, I'd love to be proven wrong though, fingers crossed.

I fully expect Cardiff to turn it around and finish in the play offs, they have a lot of quality in their squad and a very good young manager.

I don't think their squad is as good as it has been in recent seasons. Mackay is a good manager but will have failed if he doesn't get them into the play offs and it's looking dicey IMO and they've certainly blown automatic.

Their players were out on the piss in London till gone 5am after the League Cup final so let's hope the hangover continues on Saturday

I don't think their squad is as good as it has been in recent seasons. Mackay is a good manager but will have failed if he doesn't get them into the play offs and it's looking dicey IMO and they've certainly blown automatic.

Their players were out on the piss in London till gone 5am after the League Cup final so let's hope the hangover continues on Saturday

Don't think he would have failed if we don't get the play offs this year. After a lot of change in the summer the majority of us would have realistically expected a mid table finish. Practically a whole new playing squad and staff, was hard to predict at the start just what we would do. With good results though comes increased expectation so the current poor form isn't great, I think we have enough for the play offs based on what I have seen but if we don't make them he certainly wouldn't have failed.

A cup final and to still be in with a shout of the play offs is a bonus to what many of us predicted in August.

Another person issuing orders. Why should people get involved? And who are you to tell people how they should behave......if people are quiet and just want to watch the game then what's wrong with that? Not everyone like to jump around and sing songs......

Hardly issuing orders.

RP's valid point is that 11,500 diehard City fans proved they could make a more vociferous and intimidating atmosphere than bigger AG crowds including several thousand non partisan spectators. Their apathy as they play with their mobile phones can dilute the atmosphere, worse still they are likely to be the first one's to criticise the team, or walk out, if things aren't going our way.

I don't think this will be a problem on Saturday, many of the extra fans will be there simply because it is Cardiff and they will be the type of fan more than willing to passionately support the team on the day.

On the whole fans want to be noisy and involved and even the usually quiet ones are happy to join in when the majority of the crowd are up for it rather than a couple of isolated chanting groups.

I haven't heard much mention of the Atyeo fans on Tuesday, from where I sit they were superb and it sounded like the majority were singing.

The half time roar as the players left the pitch was absolutely stunning. :clap:

Would take a draw right now!

Me too - if we avoid defeat then confidence will grow a bit further and we might be able build some momentum. This is a steady building process and every point gained now is good news. Another effort on the pitch like on Tuesday and City will get a result I'm sure.

Don't think he would have failed if we don't get the play offs this year. After a lot of change in the summer the majority of us would have realistically expected a mid table finish. Practically a whole new playing squad and staff, was hard to predict at the start just what we would do. With good results though comes increased expectation so the current poor form isn't great, I think we have enough for the play offs based on what I have seen but if we don't make them he certainly wouldn't have failed.

A cup final and to still be in with a shout of the play offs is a bonus to what many of us predicted in August.

Fair enough.

How come you've drawn so many games away from home this season? Cautious approach or just luck?

Fair enough.

How come you've drawn so many games away from home this season? Cautious approach or just luck?

We tend to play with five in midfield, usually very organised so it's difficult for some teams to break down. Probably been a little unlucky to draw some when we have dominated and lucky to have got a point in a few others. Possibly a little defensive at times but when we were winning our home games it wasn't much of a problem.

I hope we attack more on Saturday, a point means little to us at this stage of the season, need a couple of wins to get us back up there.

We've only lost three of our last ten home league games, they've only won two of their last ten aways in the Championship. They've also only won once in their last ten league visits to Ashton Gate...that was the 6-0 battering in January 2010. They've also drawn four of their five away games against the current bottom six this season, the only win was at Forest. I reckon there's a very good chance of a draw on Saturday teatime.

Hardly issuing orders.

RP's valid point is that 11,500 diehard City fans proved they could make a more vociferous and intimidating atmosphere than bigger AG crowds including several thousand non partisan spectators. Their apathy as they play with their mobile phones can dilute the atmosphere, worse still they are likely to be the first one's to criticise the team, or walk out, if things aren't going our way.

I don't think this will be a problem on Saturday, many of the extra fans will be there simply because it is Cardiff and they will be the type of fan more than willing to passionately support the team on the day.

On the whole fans want to be noisy and involved and even the usually quiet ones are happy to join in when the majority of the crowd are up for it rather than a couple of isolated chanting groups.

I haven't heard much mention of the Atyeo fans on Tuesday, from where I sit they were superb and it sounded like the majority were singing.

The half time roar as the players left the pitch was absolutely stunning. :clap:

Thanks Noggers. I had no intention of telling other people how to behave and if they want to come along and sit on their hands and keep their mouth shut, that's up to them, although I do find that a bit strange.

Surely for most of us, getting involved and passionate about our team is what it is all about.

Anyway, it's not just me. Both Mcinnes and Jon Stead have gone on the record since Tuesday night to state that the fans had a big affect on the team and (to quote JS) "they pushed us over the line".

Which possibly made the difference between a win and a draw ?

If that is right, then I make no apology about the part we played in gaining two vital points.

how many teams come here in "poor" form and stuff us? - don't take anything for granted, a draw would be a fantastic result for us!

I firmly believe that Baadiff will be coming to Ashton Gate for a win but I also belive that if we do our homework Bristol City FC could surprise them and us (?)

As often stated...... this game has the 'away team will beat us' written all over it but this is Baadiff and we have up until recently drawn or won against them.

I'm going to hold that close and say a 'surprise Bristol City FC win' in a hard fought game..... then we lose our next away game.... but I still want us to win that too.

For Saturday........balls in the box Stead & Pitman will come good.

Without wishing to be disrespectful, I think the result will depend upon whether we play to our potential or not. If we do then there aren't too many teams in the Championship who would match us.

However, we've been way off that sort of form for a while now - well before the Carling Cup final - so you could well get a result. Having said that, our performance at Brighton, while not great, was an improvement. In particular we need to get Kenny Miller hitting the target - if you saw the Cup final you will know that he isn't at the moment.

There's an argument that with a small squad and an in-yer-face style of playing, we are suffering from burn-out. If we are then there won't be a return to form and we will finish mid-table, which is where most of us expected to finish anyway. So it's all to play for on Saturday.

Good post, wheres the real RFG gone?!?!

Personally I think you lot will go up this season, I can see you scraping through to the play off final and winning it, I just have a feeling.

The Cup Final LOSS showed something you didn't have under Jones, bottle.

Your team of youngsters and hardworkers may not be as talented as the likes of Bothroyd, Chopra, Bellamy etc, but they seem fearless and not worried about failing, which makes them more dangerous as a unit, just my observations!

I'm sure Cardiffs confidence will be sky high come Saturday night, I've a feeling we may get a pasting!

Archived