IGNORED

Barcelona - No Bristol Rovers

Abraham Romanovich

Am I the only one who finds Barcelona’s football tiresome and dull .

A lot of midgets running around safe in the knowledge FIFA have outlawed any way of tackling them.

Give me the blood and guts of the English game any day.

Please appreciate that one of my early footballing heroes was Ron "chopper" Harris

Am I the only one who finds Barcelona’s football tiresome and dull .

A lot of midgets running around safe in the knowledge FIFA have outlawed any way of tackling them.

Give me the blood and guts of the English game any day.

Please appreciate that one of my early footballing heroes was Ron "chopper" Harris

Give me a rip roaring, end to end game with tackling any day,with a edgey atmosphere of course.

I, too, find the Spanish ultra-passing game rather tedious, but - credit where credit's due - Messi has to be the best footballer - EVER! He has everything except stature (which he doesn't appear to need!).

The word 'Genius' is bandied about far too readily these days but, in footballing terms, that is exactly what the little man is... absolutely astounding and gifted player.

I, too, find the Spanish ultra-passing game rather tedious, but - credit where credit's due - Messi has to be the best footballer - EVER! He has everything except stature (which he doesn't appear to need!).

The word 'Genius' is bandied about far too readily these days but, in footballing terms, that is exactly what the little man is... absolutely astounding and gifted player.

The thing I like the most about Messi is that when he's fouled he more often than not gets straight up and doesn't make a fuss.

My God.......what a bunch of luddites.........lets bring back a lace in the ball, steel tipped studs and nice mud baths to play on. If you can't appreciate Barca there is something seriously wrong with your perception of the Beautiful game. I prescribe a Meat & Gristle Pie and a Stoke City Season Ticket.

My God.......what a bunch of luddites.........lets bring back a lace in the ball, steel tipped studs and nice mud baths to play on. If you can't appreciate Barca there is something seriously wrong with your perception of the Beautiful game. I prescribe a Meat & Gristle Pie and a Stoke City Season Ticket.

Depends what type of football you like watching doesn't it. I prefer fast games where the ball is moved quicker to the front players, I like watching good wing play, I like hard tackling, I also prefer games where the players are not noncing around on the floor holding their shins when they have been gently clipped on the ankles.

Slow paced passing in their own half for 60% of the game is not my bag. Sorry.

With the greatest of respect.....I have never seen Barcelona spend 60% of the game slowly passing the ball to each other in their own half........ but I have seen them build from the back with a series of intricate passes, instead of just whacking it up the middle and hoping for the best, and having seen them bring the ball forward with defenders who have as much skill and technique as most forwards possess, then suddenly increase the pace of the game in an instant with a series of blinding wall passes which bemuse the oppostion...........and then ending the passage of play with outstanding finishing and a percentage of on target shots per attempts which exceed the majority of club sides in the world, and all done with a skill and speed that leave you breathless. But as you say..........each to their own

With the greatest of respect.....I have never seen Barcelona spend 60% of the game slowly passing the ball to each other in their own half........ but I have seen them build from the back with a series of intricate passes, instead of just whacking it up the middle and hoping for the best, and having seen them bring the ball forward with defenders who have as much skill and technique as most forwards possess, then suddenly increase the pace of the game in an instant with a series of blinding wall passes which bemuse the oppostion...........and then ending the passage of play with outstanding finishing and a percentage of on target shots per attempts which exceed the majority of club sides in the world, and all done with a skill and speed that leave you breathless. But as you say..........each to their own

Beautiful imagination

I went to the Camp Nou last season and watched Barce beat Racing Santander 3-0. It was a great experience and to watch players like Messi in the flesh was a pleasure but it did feel like an exhibition game. Barce could have won by 6 or 7 easily and Racing just kind of sat back and let it happen. The worst thing was sitting behind about 5 americans and listening to them chat all game about crap then they kept shouting "Go Barce, Go Barce, Go Barce"! My bro and I started to sing "Guardiola's blue and red army" only to get dodgy looks from a few! Barcelona is a great city to explore though!

Dunno if anyone saw Man Utd 2-3 Bilbao. Away side fantastic, very good technically and could've scored 5 or 6 had De Gea not made those great saves- but then I suppose some on here would see them as boring too?

Oh, and Man Utd played 4-4-2 and were too slow to adjust when it was clear the midfield was being overrun...

I think the way Barca play is the correct way. That Bilbao side tonight were relentless in their pursuit of goals.

Don't get me wrong nothing beats a blood N guts encounter.

But I have to say watching a pub team in jesters uniforms playing on a "village green" of a pitch is not my answer to the beautiful game

Arsenal try and play the barca way but are too frustrating to watch,

Barca are the best at what they do which is counter attacking football they are so quick on the break teams can't cope,

Messi for me is the greastest play alive today whether he will be the greastest ever is yet to be seen if he continues to get better then yes, He plays with a smile on his face is skillful and doesn#t moan or roll about when fouled just gets up and gets on with it he is how a footballer should be,

Dunno if anyone saw Man Utd 2-3 Bilbao. Away side fantastic, very good technically and could've scored 5 or 6 had De Gea not made those great saves- but then I suppose some on here would see them as boring too?

Oh, and Man Utd played 4-4-2 and were too slow to adjust when it was clear the midfield was being overrun...

Watched the game last night , thought Bilbao were excellent this is how I like to see football played ,fast attacking direct and skilfull unfortunately I support City so I'm still waiting

Arsenal try and play the barca way but are too frustrating to watch,

Barca are the best at what they do which is counter attacking football they are so quick on the break teams can't cope,

Messi for me is the greastest play alive today whether he will be the greastest ever is yet to be seen if he continues to get better then yes, He plays with a smile on his face is skillful and doesn#t moan or roll about when fouled just gets up and gets on with it he is how a footballer should be,

Better than Pele, Tinnion, Maradona?

I must admit I thought this post was a wind-up but it seems some people are really serious that watching Barca is boring.

Just simply staggering.

I must admit I thought this post was a wind-up but it seems some people are really serious that watching Barca is boring.

Just simply staggering.

I meant currently playing the game, I think he's got a chance to be the greatest ever, but its hard as different generations of footballers had to play the game differently,

Would players like Ronaldo be able to play in the 60's when you got 10 bails of crap kicked out of you? I don't think he would,

Messi maybe could but I personally think he needs to move to a new league to become the greatest, he should try Engl;and (City) and the itilian leagues before he retires, but at 24 he has plenty of time

Just simply staggering.

Some people think Cricket is boring !!?? Go with the flow mate , not everyone enjoy's the same things.

Snap. Last week's North East derby was the best 90 minutes of entertainment all season.

That was a truly brilliant game of football and it was great to see a hard-fought, vicious derby. If only more games were like that!

Having said that I strongly disagree with claims Barca are boring. They pass at a very fast rate very high up the pitch, constantly on the move and producing moments of magic very frequently. They are a joy to watch and that is how football should be played. The only thing I despise about them is the fact they dive and whinge and moan and cry like little pussies every time someone breathes on them. That is a product of the game now and it is very disheartening. In terms of football though, they are just superb.

at least they get the ball forward..

Unlike brighton, who just spend about 30 minutes passing it at the back, then go to midfield pass it to back and start all over again.. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Shhhhhh.... You're not allowed to say anything bad about Brighton on here.

I find European football dull on the whole. Tackling is non existent. It's just a passing exercise, and every player has time and space on the ball with little or no closing down,

Having said that, closing down still led to Man Utd being completely humiliated by Barca, and you can't deny some of their movement is stunning. Possibly the best assembled club side of all time

That was a truly brilliant game of football and it was great to see a hard-fought, vicious derby. If only more games were like that!

Having said that I strongly disagree with claims Barca are boring. They pass at a very fast rate very high up the pitch, constantly on the move and producing moments of magic very frequently. They are a joy to watch and that is how football should be played. The only thing I despise about them is the fact they dive and whinge and moan and cry like little pussies every time someone breathes on them. That is a product of the game now and it is very disheartening. In terms of football though, they are just superb.

I dont think Barca are boring , but I dont watch them very often. I do watch 'El classico' as that normally has a bit of blood and thunder in it , but I dont watch any foreign teams unless they are playing English teams in Europe. What I have seen of them they are obviously an exceptional side with some fantastic players and Messi is the best of the lot.

I dont buy into all this best player the world has ever seen malarkey , because the game has evolved so much throughout the years. Different eras of football demand different qualities from players. He's certainly the best around at the moment but to say he is better than Di Stefano , Puskas , Pele , Cruyff , Best , Maradonna or Riley(!) for me , is too hard to compare , because of the different era's and different rules at the time.

Just simply staggering.

There's no accounting for taste.......................some people think that Stoke City play good football and that Tracey Emin is an artist

Archived