IGNORED

Barcelona - No Bristol Rovers

Abraham Romanovich

Everybody has their different opinions on how football should be played, that's what makes it a great game! Barcelona are great footballing side, probably the best ever. But I'd rather watch a EPL game because there is more passion, better atmosphere and the games keep you on edge. Whenever I watch a la liga game, it feels like I'm watching a friendly game during the summer. Just my opinion though

Everybody has their different opinions on how football should be played, that's what makes it a great game! Barcelona are great footballing side, probably the best ever. But I'd rather watch a EPL game because there is more passion, better atmosphere and the games keep you on edge. Whenever I watch a la liga game, it feels like I'm watching a friendly game during the summer. Just my opinion though

It's funny you should talk about atmosphere- a lot of English grounds are far from what they were I'd say. Athletic Bilbao, Athletico Madrid, quite often Valencia, Villareal and also Sevilla can all create a real noisy, passionate and at times intimidating atmosphere. We talk about Stoke atmosphere being a real test for foreign players, but those 5 grounds can be raucous to say the least. The big 2 grounds? Yeah, pretty sterile if anything. Two of the most intriguing games I've seen this year were standouts- Barca 2-2 at Bilbao and 2-2 at Valencia- nothing like pre season friendlies- combination of dynamism and tactical intelligence from both sides in both games! All about opinions though as you say.

It's funny you should talk about atmosphere- a lot of English grounds are far from what they were I'd say. Athletic Bilbao, Athletico Madrid, quite often Valencia, Villareal and also Sevilla can all create a real noisy, passionate and at times intimidating atmosphere. We talk about Stoke atmosphere being a real test for foreign players, but those 5 grounds can be raucous to say the least. The big 2 grounds? Yeah, pretty sterile if anything. Two of the most intriguing games I've seen this year were standouts- Barca 2-2 at Bilbao and 2-2 at Valencia- nothing like pre season friendlies- combination of dynamism and tactical intelligence from both sides in both games! All about opinions though as you say.

Maybe it's the style of the Spanish grounds? Because everytime I watch a la liga game, it sounds dead. However, everytime I watch a champions league game and one of the English clubs are home to a foreign team, the noise they generate is incredible. Maybe the English stadiums just create a much better atmosphere?

Maybe it's the style of the Spanish grounds? Because everytime I watch a la liga game, it sounds dead. However, everytime I watch a champions league game and one of the English clubs are home to a foreign team, the noise they generate is incredible. Maybe the English stadiums just create a much better atmosphere?

Perhaps. Some Spanish grounds are bowls, or ex Olympic stadia e.g. Espanyol but watch tbhis Sevilla-Betis clip- looks pretty good to me...

The Nou Camp though, and the Bernebau are pretty crap atmosphere wise no doubt.

Might mean the home game? We were somewhat out played in that one? From what I saw of Swansea away, it was an intelligent counterattacking, solid performance by us and we deserved it.

Swansea were the only team we saw at home last season that looked far too good for this league. They passed us to death and we could not get near them, it was a terrific performance. Sure we lost by bigger margins to other teams but a lot of that was due to our own lack of quality and errors, Swansea simply didn't give us enough of the ball to make mistakes with it!

Archived