IGNORED

Fontaine

mcbcfc

Indeed, you are.

He's an average Championship player. His heading is atrocious with many headers going straight up or, disgracefully, he mistimes and misses the ball altogether.

He can't play with his right foot. Unbelievably he is a professional footballer and he can't actually pass the ball with his right foot. (But he is at least in good company with McAllister)

His tackling is good and his positioning OK unless he's facing a speed merchant although this is true for all centre backs.

What I cannot understand is how he is made captain. I don't want a nice bloke as captain. Just goes to show how many players we have with a winning mentality when Fontaine is captain.

Having said all that. he is an average Championship player so he's playing above the team's position.

Ok then. I suppose Southampton tried to sign him just for a laugh.

Guilty of backing off too much when he should come to the ball and make a challenge, but is still one of our better players.

I do enjoy the questioning of his captaincy... People a) have direct knowledge of his personality in the dressing room? b) don't actually watch the fact that he is the orchestrator of our defence and is almost always on the front line in a confrontation involving his teammates.

Good skipper for me.

Guilty of backing off too much when he should come to the ball and make a challenge, but is still one of our better players.

I do enjoy the questioning of his captaincy... People a) have direct knowledge of his personality in the dressing room? b) don't actually watch the fact that he is the orchestrator of our defence and is almost always on the front line in a confrontation involving his teammates.

Good skipper for me.

he trains my nephews football team the lad is a class act and a very good captain

One of our most consistent and best players. Who else could take his place now? I think Fonts and McManus have a very good partnership going and I don't see defense being an issue now with Foster and Maccy back and on form. It's still the midfield (mainly in the wingers) that lacks.

Good skipper for me.

I agree with what you say, but in this country we seem to make this captaincy lark a big deal.

Whether you got an arm band or not, you can still be a leader on the pitch

I agree with what you say, but in this country we seem to make this captaincy lark a big deal.

Whether you got an arm band or not, you can still be a leader on the pitch

Agreed, and that's one thing Derek has tried to give us in his signings. Aberdeen captain, former Celtic captain, Davis looks like a leader, Macca back and in the side, Carey in the side, Fonts too. He's trying to get that winning or fighting mentality into the squad. I can only commend him for seeing a problem many have highlighted under the last few managers and trying to rectify it.

Fonts is one of our better players imo.

If we stay up and can get Mcmanus on a full time basis, then I think that given time, Fonts & Mcmanus can be a good CB partnership in this division.

On the subject of McManus - I have been really impressed with his passion and desire for the fight. Hard to believe he is only on loan and it must be with a view to a permanent move in the summer, going by the way he acts out there in a City shirt. Good defender - would be very pleased to sign him on full time.

Fonts is one of our better players imo.

If we stay up and can get Mcmanus on a full time basis, then I think that given time, Fonts & Mcmanus can be a good CB partnership in this division.

On the subject of McManus - I have been really impressed with his passion and desire for the fight. Hard to believe he is only on loan and it must be with a view to a permanent move in the summer, going by the way he acts out there in a City shirt. Good defender - would be very pleased to sign him on full time.

agrred re. McManus. already becoming one of my favourite players!!!

fonts is such a poor defender Southampton want to sign him,

Muppet

Yeh, but what do Southampton know about what makes a good player?

They signed fatty Lambert when I remember reading all the experts on here saying that Lambert wasn't good enough to move across Bristol. The same experts on OTIB made a similar judgement about Grant Holt when there was talk about him moving here from Florist. Lambert and Holt's careers really nosedived when they were unable to secure a dream move to mighty BCFC!

Archived