IGNORED

Cardiff Fans' View On Yesterday's Result

The Exiled Robin

Rub of the Green?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Believe we were mostly unlucky today, alot of decisions where on another day we would have done alot better overall. On a note of the fans we took to their place the 700 odd? Was all down to time constraints I didn't go, I go to uni in Newport, so my option is pretty much go back to bristol to get the coach as I can't get out to the service station. If we had the sort of time they had to pick up tickets today I probably could have driven to the service station on the M4 driven back to newport and got the train to cardiff. Just annoying how it happens sometimes.

As everyone on here was either at the ground or watched on Sky, I thought I'd get an alternative take on yesterday's match and see what Cardiff fans thought of the result, the game, and of us.

The result is here: http://exiledrobin.b...s.html?spref=tw

take this as absolutely unbiased...........i live in Cardiff but my youngest son plays for BC u18s/reserves and my older son a passionate blue who was at the game.

there was nothing in that game between the sides except belief and confidence, before BC scored there was little confidence, after they scored that game could have gone either way.

Not sure about woolford myself, but the rest of the team worked their socks off.

it will come down to how they play at Portsmouth and the home games with Derby, Watford and Coventry, they need 10 points from them games and i am convinced they will beat Barnsley at home and remember Burnley may not have that much to play for.

i dont see them beating forest west ham or Birmingham, nor can i see points at Boro

so another 15 points needed i think, thats 49 in total, that leaves coventry needing 20 points to stay up from their remaining games, i dont see that , so on what i saw yesterday BC will survive, i like the manager and he will be crucial in the next few weeks

Football is a funny old game. Marshall made some great saves, so was that unlucky Bristol, or quality from the Cardiff keeper?

Either way, to concede two deflected goals, that is unlucky.

I was quite impressed with Bristol City, you were better than I expected.

Either way, the attendance was League One for sure (from both of us)

Football is a funny old game. Marshall made some great saves, so was that unlucky Bristol, or quality from the Cardiff keeper?

The attendance was disappointing but the noise generated was top notch. Good old Derby atmosphere irrespective of the poor crowd and for that reason I'm not too bothered by it.

12,500 die hards from both sides.

Agreed, however our fans were noisy, yours were super quiet and I'd like to think that if we were chasing promotion/play offs we'd manage more than 700 odd?!?!

After all you are bigger than Barcelona...........

Cardiff fan here with a love of the city of Bristol - hence I take a silent interest in the forum from time to time. I thought it was a crap game between two sides who were full of effort but lacking in quality. In our case, the lack of quality is down to the players being exhausted. In your case, I suspect the quality just isn't there for the most part. But a draw would have been the right result.

On the telly the atmosphere sounded flat on both sides.

I'm impressed with McInnes and have no doubt he'll keep you up. He obviously has the players working hard, and he showed signs of tactical astuteness in bringing Adomah on to run at our nervy left-back, Taylor. That changed the game and gave you a threat going forward. As long as McInnes stays, I'd expect you to be much improved next season.

Good luck for the remainder.

Sounds like a lot of whistiling in the dark to keep your spirits up on this forum :) We were poor yesterday and were still a match for you lot. You might escape relegation but if you do it will be by the skin of your teeth. We won't go up, although we'll probably end up in the play-off spots. Next season we will make a bit more progress and our attendances will be among the highest in the division as they have been this season. Not sure about you if you go down. Maybe Lansdown will finally give you up as a bad job and throw his lot in with his other team, Rovers. Thanks for the goals by the way. If we are still in the same division next season I think we'll let you play on your own and still probably win :)

Brilliant you are genuinely funny, even funnier than the other gobshite Rhod Gilbert and much funnier than Rob Brydon (who is about as funny as an orphanage burning down) but are you as good looking as Ruth Jones who is probably slightly funnier than you?.

There's a cheek!

The only two Bristolian girls I can think of are that fat blonde chav vicky pollard and that fat blonde chav that was on big brother 3-4 years ago. The best looking Bristol lass is probably that bird that did the show for several years with Alan Carr.

No wonder ya'll like to keep things in the family so to speak. I can't say I blame you really.

There's a cheek!

The only two Bristolian girls I can think of are that fat blonde chav vicky pollard and that fat blonde chav that was on big brother 3-4 years ago. The best looking Bristol lass is probably that bird that did the show for several years with Alan Carr.

No wonder ya'll like to keep things in the family so to speak. I can't say I blame you really.

Don't tell anyone but Vicky Pollard isn't a real person, actually not even a girl or Bristolian, I know to the Welsh nation the character is really convincing, a bit like 'the only gay in Llanddewi Brefi' Daffyd Thomas, but Matt Lucas is gay (so I am told) so you still have a chance mate.

Don't tell anyone but Vicky Pollard isn't a real person, actually not even a girl or Bristolian, I know to the Welsh nation the character is really convincing, a bit like 'the only gay in Llanddewi Brefi' Daffyd Thomas, but Matt Lucas is gay (so I am told) so you still have a chance mate.

gay jokes? It's like 1998 in Bristol.

Archived