IGNORED

Are We Staying Up Or Going Down?

Mrdc

Just What wondering what everybody else is thinking.

I will keep believing that we can stay up until its mathematically imposssible. However, I just have something in my gut that we will be playing League 1 football next year.

We have a chance if we keep up the effort of the last two games on and off the pitch. Its just the soft goals that we conceed that worries me, we won't be able to score 3 every game just to take points. It will be tight but i'm hopeful we can do it. Donny are the worry though..all eyes on Tuesday night...plastic Reading fan for the night!

I think we need 4 wins, IMHO we have 6 winnable games in the run in. If we work as hard as we have in the last 2 games, close the opposition down quicker keep fighting for those second balls, drop woolford we have a fighting chance

I think we will be going down. Think Donny are currently better than us.

Donny have some quality players on loan now, you only have to look at their squad and it is miles ahead of ours.

Think it will be close but I can't see our players being committed in every game, we will have the occasional 3-0 thumping.

Coventry have been playing well for months now without getting any luck, 2 away games on the trot they were winning 1-0 and lost in the last minute, we don't even get close away from home.

Hopefully our change to 442 might get us more positive away from home but we do lack pace to worry teams.

BCAGFC

I think we will survive. The lads have shown some good passion the last couple of games. We just need to make sure we do the same against the lower teams too. Next week is a must win! It will be great to get loads of our fans down there. I think you can get tickets from that sun promotion. I shall be there

The four home games Watford,Barnsley,derby and Coventry have to be Ten points min.

I think we HAVE to win at least 2 of those. 3 would be great. Just can't see doncaster keeping up the recent good form but I am worried about Coventrys step up though. The home game vs them is a Must Win

I said at the start of the week I think we need to win one of these home games to stay up, we've done that. I think we will stay up due to the lack of quality that others around us possess, rather than anything special from us. Pompey's deduction may be what keeps us in this league which will be embarrassing. What i will say though is even if we do stay up it's hard to imagine much better next season. Should we maintain our Championship status I fully expect us to be in a relegation battle again next year.

From well before McInnes came I thought we would be relegated this season. Although we looked to be pulling away from relegation during the goood run after DM took over, I am afraid my previous thoughts haven't changed.

The key for me is that at this stage of the season it is the teams that have momentum that have the best chance of escaping. Apart fronm the Leicester win, we havent had any real forward momentum since before Christmas. Donny and Forest have been getting results over recent weeks and although they could easily come off the rails again anytime, we are still struggling to string results together. While we were unlucky yesterday, my genuine worry is that it is getting harder to see where the results we need are going to come from and it is becomeing more likely that we will have to get results from the games with Pompey, Forest and Donny to have a chance.

All the signs point to us going down im afraid. We play poorly and get smashed, we dont take our chances, and even when we play well like yesterday we somehow score two own goals and lose! Everything points to league one next season for me, which is a shame because i think if we stay up with del at the helm next season we will be much better off.

I don't want to believe it but I don't think we will make it. We have picked up too few points over the last couple of months, when just another win and draw would having given us a little breathing space and taken the pressure off. Plus the injuries have worked against us and now every game is virtually a "must win" as those around us are starting to pick up points more regularly than we are.

I have been saying for a while to me mates that the west ham game will send us down, we wont have enough points to stay up from the final 2 games. It will be electric game, 1-1 with 5 mins extra time to go and a certain ex city player will score the winning goal for west ham to send us down.

Archived