IGNORED

Are We Staying Up Or Going Down?

Mrdc

Looking at the results since the turn of the year and Donnie has secured a massive one point more than us. The renewed application from the players in the last two games gives me confidence that we will survive. It will be close though.

Think Pompey this weekend will tell us an awful lot. The result on the day won't determine whether we stay up or not, but if we go there and get easily turned over I think the writing will be on the wall. It's just that with everything that is going on with them, if their players can show more heart, determination and fight then ours I will be seriously worried. A point there wouldn't be the end of the world, as if we play like we have the last 2, then I believe we can get at least 4 points from the next two home games against Watford and Derby.

Away games -

Portsmouth 1/3 pts

boro 0 pts

florest 0 pts

birmingham 0 pts

burnley 1/3 pts

can see a maximum return of 6 pts

Home games -

watford 1/3 pts

derby 1/3 pts

coventry 1/3 pts

west ham 0 pts

barnsley 1/3 pts

can see a maximum return of 12 pts

we have 34 pts so add to that a maximum of 18pts giving us 52 pts more than enough to stay up (in a perfect world) i believe we will get another 12 points from all remainding games giving us 44pts - its going to be close and will come down tot he last game - GD has shafted us so it will go to a point either way.

Portsmouth and Coventry look doomed so it's 1 from us, Forest and Millwall. Have a feeling that Millwall will be the unlucky ones as their squad looks weakest.

I don't think Coventry are doomed by any stretch - they're only 4 points behind us. Portsmouth will definitely go, but I have a horrible feeling Doncaster will overtake us. If I was to pick a three and say it will be Pompey, Coventry and us. I think Forest will pull clear, and it will be 2 from 3 out of us, Cov and Millwall. I worry Millwall have got a bit more about them than we have, and sadly, I think we'll go down by 2/3 points.

My prediction for the bottom 6:

19 Forest

20 Doncaster

21 Millwall

22 City

23 Coventry

24 Portsmouth

I really hope I'm wrong.

Because of our horrendous goal difference, which even Florist cant match, I think we're doomed, that gd is like another 3 points lost, cos its so bad, no away goals, and seem to leak goals for fun. That all says league 1, but there suddenly appears to be some fight in the team, so who knows, need to win at least six games to garantee safety, and not depend on others dropping points. Thank you Gary Johnson, Steve Coppell, and most of all Keith bloody Millen for leavin us this train wreck of a side. Even survival this season doesnt suggest it will be any different next season, cos the squad really is crap, only loanees appear to be adding summat to the squad

Because of our horrendous goal difference, which even Florist cant match, I think we're doomed, that gd is like another 3 points lost, cos its so bad, no away goals, and seem to leak goals for fun. That all says league 1, but there suddenly appears to be some fight in the team, so who knows, need to win at least six games to garantee safety, and not depend on others dropping points. Thank you Gary Johnson, Steve Coppell, and most of all Keith bloody Millen for leavin us this train wreck of a side. Even survival this season doesnt suggest it will be any different next season, cos the squad really is crap, only loanees appear to be adding summat to the squad

You're right, there is some fight in the team. We appear to also have 2 in form strikers! When was the last time we could say that and who else at the bottom can boast that? After the last 2 games I'm hopeful. If we do stay up by the skin of our teeth then some quality needs to come into the team in the Summer. We can't pee about with another Carey contract extension and a few more lower league wingers, that just won't wash.

It looks like it's going to go down to the last few games.

Pompey on Saturday is huge. They will be fighting for their lives - it's a MUST win game for them. Lose it and they're all but down.

I hope our players are up for a right scrap down there, I have a bad feeling we're going to get turned over...

That said, I don't think there's any reason to hit the panic button just yet. The next two games (Pompey and Watford) are winnable and we have to remain confident

Just to add, our next two home games are against teams who are both mid table and effectively have nothing to play for - Watford and Derby. Neither have away records we should be particularly concerned about.

No more excuses, if we don't win those two then we deserve to go down. Win them and we'd be on 40 points going into April with 6 games left to pick up the handful of points we'd need to secure survival...

Since when has goal difference been worth anything like 3 points? Fact is it MIGHT be woth ONE point in effect at the end of the season, but it never has and never will make 3 points worth of difference to any team.

Bucks you old fart person; doing the double over the likely divisions winners, offers a shaft of light. Unfortunatly most of the teams around us seem to be getting a spurt on though.

Most of the bottom six have as tough, if not tougher games than us; but a point or 3 required for sure on Sat.

It maybe its what other teams do as much, if not more than what we do that will decide our fate.

I don't buy this Donny revival. Last 6 they have won 1 (against fellow strugglers Forest), drawn 3 and lost 2. That's only a point a game.

Personally I think we will scrape by and stay up - probably with a chance to be safe if we can beat Barnsley - but with less than 50 points. If we can get a point a game that would take us to 44 which though unspectacular would probably be enough to survive this year. If we can't manage that we deserve the drop.

Just What wondering what everybody else is thinking.

I will keep believing that we can stay up until its mathematically imposssible. However, I just have something in my gut that we will be playing League 1 football next year.

Too early to say. Next 5 games are crucial.

I don't buy this Donny revival. Last 6 they have won 1 (against fellow strugglers Forest), drawn 3 and lost 2. That's only a point a game.

Personally I think we will scrape by and stay up - probably with a chance to be safe if we can beat Barnsley - but with less than 50 points. If we can get a point a game that would take us to 44 which though unspectacular would probably be enough to survive this year. If we can't manage that we deserve the drop.

Providing that Portsmouth are still around at the end of the season

We need to go on a run.....if we can get 2 wins on the trot we will be above the likes of florist and Millwall and while n

We need to go on a run.....if we can get 2 wins on the trot we will be above the likes of florist and Millwall and while nOt safe it'll give us a bit of space.....

It's in our hands and we will only have ourselves to blame if we go down.....we have got a decent run in.....Watford, Pompey, Coventry, derby, Barnsley, Burnley, Forest are all games we could win......

If we can sneak 4 wins from these I fancy our chances.....but we have a paper thin squad atm so a couple of injuries and we will be in the shit again.....

We need our leaders to stand up, Stead, Cisse, McManus, fontaine, adOmah, pitman.

Archived