IGNORED

Equilibrium Restored

BTRFTG

A win’s a win and Tuesday’s was as deserved as it was welcome, albeit against a team of exasperating inconsistency. Beware, however, false idols.

For effort we were worth a point yesterday, ditto chances. The reason we earned nothing was simply that, ‘man for man’, Cardiff were better than we were in every department.

Some recent posts hereabouts appear to have been befuddled by the adrenaline rush induced by 3 points, heaping misattributed praise on those who have brought us low, observed Damascene conversion of swine to pearls. Calm down dears and take stock.

The reintroduction of Woolford served only to affirm that we’d be playing things a tad longer from the back; by-passing midfield isn’t negative considering what we’ve to play with. “Tights” Woolford plays anything but; you’d think whoever he’s marking had just been released from Ham Green’s isolation unit. The gap at times between him and McAllister was wider than the Avon Gorge. Pearson in particular needs to concentrate on delivering the basics rather than reckless challenges, the crowd not to think he’s the next ball-winning enforcer. He could, perhaps should, have been sent off – twice. His similarity to Tommy Doc begins and ends with them both being best suited to the 2rd Division. HeH H His failure to close down the centre led to the ball between ‘Tights’ & McLiability that resulted in the cross and McManus’ unfortunate deflection. Fonts coming forward to pick up Wittingham then dropping off to ‘the line’ when the ball went wide was textbook, save when the ball came back in the midfield (Pearson included) hadn’t bothered to backfill the space. Two avoidable goals – three dropped points.

Cisse remains an immobile lump; Adomah, to paraphrase Ian Curtis: “…he’s lost control again.” I am told Bolasie made a late appearance though couldn’t confirm. Yannick is Ashton Gate’s own Higgs Boson, he exists in theory though few claim to have seen him. Moreover, other than adding mass to space nobody is sure what purpose he serves?

When we did try to play it short through the middle it highlighted two simple facts which have been apparent all season long:

· Nobody in midfield ‘wants’ the ball ( in the way Hartley recently demanded);

· Nobody in midfield enjoys close control of Championship standard.

The two assured and composed players under pressure, those laying-off to teammates, were Carey and Pitman. Shame they demonstrated as such deep within their own half.

Playing longer we did exploit space & create openings, the best crossing notably from that tricky winger Foster (sic). Stead & Pitman were unlucky not to have bagged more - their keeper showing what benefit a reliable stopper brings to the table.

So lads nice try, decent effort but talent at Division 1 standard, at best. I fear we’ll need more than that at Pompey – as big a game if not more important than our non- appearance at Wembley in the play-offs. Should we win that plus every game to Season’s end, the May ‘fire sale’ won’t have come a day too soon.

A win’s a win and Tuesday’s was as deserved as it was welcome, albeit against a team of exasperating inconsistency. Beware, however, false idols.

For effort we were worth a point yesterday, ditto chances. The reason we earned nothing was simply that, ‘man for man’, Cardiff were better than we were in every department.

Some recent posts hereabouts appear to have been befuddled by the adrenaline rush induced by 3 points, heaping misattributed praise on those who have brought us low, observed Damascene conversion of swine to pearls. Calm down dears and take stock.

The reintroduction of Woolford served only to affirm that we’d be playing things a tad longer from the back; by-passing midfield isn’t negative considering what we’ve to play with. “Tights” Woolford plays anything but; you’d think whoever he’s marking had just been released from Ham Green’s isolation unit. The gap at times between him and McAllister was wider than the Avon Gorge. Pearson in particular needs to concentrate on delivering the basics rather than reckless challenges, the crowd not to think he’s the next ball-winning enforcer. He could, perhaps should, have been sent off – twice. His similarity to Tommy Doc begins and ends with them both being best suited to the 2rd Division. HeH H His failure to close down the centre led to the ball between ‘Tights’ & McLiability that resulted in the cross and McManus’ unfortunate deflection. Fonts coming forward to pick up Wittingham then dropping off to ‘the line’ when the ball went wide was textbook, save when the ball came back in the midfield (Pearson included) hadn’t bothered to backfill the space. Two avoidable goals – three dropped points.

Cisse remains an immobile lump; Adomah, to paraphrase Ian Curtis: “…he’s lost control again.” I am told Bolasie made a late appearance though couldn’t confirm. Yannick is Ashton Gate’s own Higgs Boson, he exists in theory though few claim to have seen him. Moreover, other than adding mass to space nobody is sure what purpose he serves?

When we did try to play it short through the middle it highlighted two simple facts which have been apparent all season long:

The two assured and composed players under pressure, those laying-off to teammates, were Carey and Pitman. Shame they demonstrated as such deep within their own half.

Playing longer we did exploit space & create openings, the best crossing notably from that tricky winger Foster (sic). Stead & Pitman were unlucky not to have bagged more - their keeper showing what benefit a reliable stopper brings to the table.

So lads nice try, decent effort but talent at Division 1 standard, at best. I fear we’ll need more than that at Pompey – as big a game if not more important than our non- appearance at Wembley in the play-offs. Should we win that plus every game to Season’s end, the May ‘fire sale’ won’t have come a day too soon.

Really? are you serious about Cisse?.

Cisse is a fantastic player and if he leaves at the end of the season I will be very disappointed. He does all the simple things very well and is such a team player. Hopefully he signs a new contract a

I speak for most fans when he is very muchappreciated.

+1

Cisse for me has been man of the season, really hope he signs as he is the midfielder that will end up at a top championship club or maybe prem, unlike any of our existing midfielders

Luckily for him Cisse's led an injury free career. Strange then nearing 28 he's played less than 180 professional games around half of which have been from the bench. He scores one in twenty. Contrast Whittingham who's the same age & has played twice as many. His best performances for us (and Reading so they say) have been at centre half. He's arguably the best of a limited midfield, but that's what they are - very limited. Defensive for sure but he's no engine and gets the run around far too easily for a unit his size. He's weak in the challenge that is when he's up for one. If he re-signs it'll mean but one thing - we were relegated.

Luckily for him Cisse's led an injury free career. Strange then nearing 28 he's played less than 180 professional games around half of which have been from the bench. He scores one in twenty. Contrast Whittingham who's the same age & has played twice as many. His best performances for us (and Reading so they say) have been at centre half. He's arguably the best of a limited midfield, but that's what they are - very limited. Defensive for sure but he's no engine and gets the run around far too easily for a unit his size. He's weak in the challenge that is when he's up for one. If he re-signs it'll mean but one thing - we were relegated.

This is the most nonsense I've read on here for a week.

Best performances are at centre half? I hope that nobody agrees with this.

And you compare him with Whittingham? Totally different players.

Rubbish original post and rubbish follow up.

You clearly know nothing.

Since when have age and number of games played have anything to do with the type of playerthey are? You draw the wrong conclusion from my premise, Sir.

I know one thing - the table doesn't lie, neither do Cisse's stats.

Since when have age and number of games played have anything to do with the type of playerthey are? You draw the wrong conclusion from my premise, Sir.

I know one thing - the table doesn't lie, neither do Cisse's stats.

I think the unfair comparison is in mentioning Cisse's goal scoring record. As for the rest o your posts, I think to call it an over reaction might be putting it lightly? Cardiff definitely had more quality than us on the ball, but the gap was not the chasm you describe. If the likes of Cisse and Pearson could aspire to even half the standards you set for them in their ability, they'd be running the centre of the park for Real Madrid or Man Utd. Perspective please?

Disagree with a lot of that tbh. This report sounds like the classic example of someone who doesn't ever watch City then switches on Sky sports once or twice a season and thinks they are the next Alex Ferguson...

Disagree with a lot of that tbh. This report sounds like the classic example of someone who doesn't ever watch City then switches on Sky sports once or twice a season and thinks they are the next Alex Ferguson...

I think you'll find that Tone sees a lot more games than your average poster on here traveling from the Metropolis to do so.

So at least get your facts right!

That statement alone makes me think this is a wind up....

Complete and utter rubbish.

Having read this forum for a few years, I remember you as a very knowledgable poster, so I'm interested by what you've written. I'm surprised you've written such a damning indictment of Cisse, and to a lesser degree, Pearson. Out of interest, in comparison, what are your thoughts on Elliot and Kilkenny? I think Kilkenny is a complete waste of a shirt, and also feel Marv is a limited footballer, but a decent ballwinner. Cisse, for me, is head and shoulders above these two -do you agree? And if so, what must that say for them?!

I think you'll find that Tone sees a lot more games than your average poster on here traveling from the Metropolis to do so.

So at least get your facts right!

I said the report sounds like he doesn't watch City much, I never said he did or didn't and never said it was fact. The only fact is so far no one else agrees with him, except maybe you? Cisse has been our best player this season IMO

Cisse probably has been one of our best players this season...but is that saying much? We are a very poor squad...Would Cisse walk into most Championship sides first eleven? I think not.

Personally... I agree with much of what the OP has said.

We've had two managers, and a large squad of players to choose from. Both have struggled to find a consistant winning formula with said players.

I'll shake it up even more... people love Adomah...but apart from exciting runs, what end product does he consistantly bring?

I am told Bolasie made a late appearance though couldn’t confirm. Yannick is Ashton Gate’s own Higgs Boson, he exists in theory though few claim to have seen him. Moreover, other than adding mass to space nobody is sure what purpose he serves?

Brilliant :)

I said the report sounds like he doesn't watch City much, I never said he did or didn't and never said it was fact. The only fact is so far no one else agrees with him, except maybe you? Cisse has been our best player this season IMO

That's me told then!

Sorry for sticking up for a poster who has a different view to yours.

For what it's worth I dissagree with his view of Cisse as well, but what the hey.

Archived