IGNORED

Room 101

Calculus

Was watching the other night and then started thinking about those items that I might cast into Room 101 - things that irritate and annoy and that you'd like to see disappear forever.

Tempting as it would be to nominate Bristol Rovers FC (sic) I really do think Text Messaging would be the first on my list. There you are sat with someone, and instead of having a conversation with you, or even actually speaking to or seeing the friend, they concentrate on their phones, clicking away, filling up the atmosphere with trivial, ungrammatic, unnecessary drivel. Apart from being very rude, it's pointless and puerile and needs dis-inventing immediately.

Anyway, I'll develop a headache if I go on much longer - just wondered if I was alone in being a grumpy old git or whether there fellow sufferers out there and what they might like to throw into Room 101?

Actually....I can tolerate that!

I hate the way they've introduced Origin, I hate what they did to spore, and what they will do to Sim City 5 - dumb them down for the masses.

I hate how they're talking about subscriptions for BF3, day one DLC for MassEffect 3, a game that doesn't tell the WHOLE story unless you wanna buy further add ons or buy the official comic FFs.

Gaming is now bigger than cinema, yet these parasites and activision clip it's wings to keep things simple for the biggest profit margin and market share.

Here's to Valve and Bethseda

Celebrity chefs, olives, people who walk a yard behind you regardless of how far you walk or how many times you change direction, Cliff Richard, spiders, chavs, people who don't do and never have done your job but still think they can tell you how to do it, Robbie Williams, Zoe Ball, the French, sellotape when you can't find the end, the DVLA, THE HONEY MONSTER (big furry yellow ****), loud-mouth Americans, vegetarian bacon that is made to look like bacon (a slice of an animal), self-righteous vegetarians, self-righteous ex-smokers, the government, charity muggers, the Big Issue sellers that I bump into in the bookies, bookies, the horses I back, the jockeys that ride them, Richard Arnold, Tesco, the tobacco kiosk at Sainsbury's, Smart Car owners who think it's clever to park at a right angle to the pavement so they only take up half a parking space leaving half a space that nobody else except another stupid Smart Car owner can park in, stupidly loud car stereos, stupidly loud anything, Paddy McGuinness, Louis Suarez, Alex Ferguson, the way Steve Rider says "This Afternoon" with a 'z' instead of an 's', coriander, people who tell you to "cheer up" when the last thing you want to do is cheer up, Sky Sports news when Charlotte Jackson isn't on, pizza places that don't do anchovies, Caroline Quentin, Campari, Mariah Carey or Leona Lewis or Christina Aguilera or anyone else that wails fifteen syllables when one will do, NOEL EDMONDS, Christmas, crap musical covers of great songs, TV talent shows....

...there's more where that lot came from....

Celebrity chefs, olives, people who walk a yard behind you regardless of how far you walk or how many times you change direction, Cliff Richard, spiders, chavs, people who don't do and never have done your job but still think they can tell you how to do it, Robbie Williams, Zoe Ball, the French, sellotape when you can't find the end, the DVLA, THE HONEY MONSTER (big furry yellow ****), loud-mouth Americans, vegetarian bacon that is made to look like bacon (a slice of an animal), self-righteous vegetarians, self-righteous ex-smokers, the government, charity muggers, the Big Issue sellers that I bump into in the bookies, bookies, the horses I back, the jockeys that ride them, Richard Arnold, Tesco, the tobacco kiosk at Sainsbury's, Smart Car owners who think it's clever to park at a right angle to the pavement so they only take up half a parking space leaving half a space that nobody else except another stupid Smart Car owner can park in, stupidly loud car stereos, stupidly loud anything, Paddy McGuinness, Louis Suarez, Alex Ferguson, the way Steve Rider says "This Afternoon" with a 'z' instead of an 's', coriander, people who tell you to "cheer up" when the last thing you want to do is cheer up, Sky Sports news when Charlotte Jackson isn't on, pizza places that don't do anchovies, Caroline Quentin, Campari, Mariah Carey or Leona Lewis or Christina Aguilera or anyone else that wails fifteen syllables when one will do, NOEL EDMONDS, Christmas, crap musical covers of great songs, TV talent shows....

...there's more where that lot came from....

I've narrowed your choice down to people in general. Although I agree with the Mariah Carey Christina Aguillera bit, it's way over the top warbling on for 5 minutes for one note.

Actually....I can tolerate that!

I hate the way they've introduced Origin, I hate what they did to spore, and what they will do to Sim City 5 - dumb them down for the masses.

I hate how they're talking about subscriptions for BF3, day one DLC for MassEffect 3, a game that doesn't tell the WHOLE story unless you wanna buy further add ons or buy the official comic FFs.

Gaming is now bigger than cinema, yet these parasites and activision clip it's wings to keep things simple for the biggest profit margin and market share.

Here's to Valve and Bethseda

Haven't heard about origin, but yes, day one dlc does suck donkey balls.

What p's me off about the obligatory annual updates, is apart from a few menu tweaks, the squad updates could probably be done by a patch, hence why FIFA gets bought once every three years, and tiger woods once every four( courses don't really change)

There is rarely anything earth shatteringly revolutionary that would convince me to part with 40 sovs of my hard earned once or twice a year.

Any yup, thanks Bethesda, you just ruined 230 hours of my life playing ( what I thought would be) dorky Skyrim (roll on the next one)

Archived