IGNORED

Match Day And Season Ticket Prices For Next Season

BristolCity1992

Just wondering what people think the club will do next season?

Obviously it depends on what division we are in, but I hope we see some sort of small decrease. Due to the loss of student tickets and gradual decrease in my interest in football I did not bother with a season ticket this year

I will probably sign up as a member next season, I have found myself wanting to go to games but put off by the £25 price tag due to not being a member. Although that was a blessing tonight I guess.

What do people honestly think is a fair price for a football match? I read somewhere that a game at D&R was £22 the other night, for fourth tier football! Of course, people pay it and that is why prices remain high but I do think the football bubble is maybe bursting a bit, it seems crazy that we are even thinking of going to a 30k stadium with recent attendances.

I know tempers will be high after tonight so I expect a lot of sarcastic posts in here, but who knows maybe the club will see this and take notice.

I do understand why prices are high though as wages at all clubs are way above a serviceable level and the club is running at huge debts - would we accept lower prices in exchange for cut backs, can we even afford to do that as a club? Probably not.

Just been reading the thread about Coventry away '77. My ticket v Watford (pay on the day) this evening cost more or less a whole season's tickets at home back then. My salary has increased about 10x since then ... City ticket prices about x50 ... Saw a home league cup tie versus Spurs (Semi) for 7/6 (27.5p) .. As for next season in Division 3 ... pay on the day for £15 or you can forget this fan coming along.

I think whether we stay up or not a fair few fans won't be renewing sadly. A few guys near me have been consistently saying that they can't face it any more and nights like tonight don't help. Perhaps if we stay up everyone will change their minds, but I think that more and more people are falling out of love with football due to the behaviour and high wages v poor effort given/poor skill displayed by many players. The recession obviously doesn't help either. Heard a great line tonight from one old chap: 'I'm missing Emmerdale to be here tonight'.

Maybe a miraculous uplift in effort, skill and form will convince everyone to renew next season. What must Steve Lansdown be thinking..... watching that shower play like that, with the millions he pays them.

Anything over £15 is a bastard rip off for that shite.

Why don't we pay:

£30 top 6

£25 7-12

£20 13-18

£15 18-obscurity

I like that idea of having price dependant on the position of the team, however I fear the club would start at £20 and top end be £35-£40

Can't see me renewing next season, mainly due to the cost, last nights fiasco including the 170 mile round trip cost me the best part of £100, this year out of 23 home games, I think only 13 have been 3pm Sat kick offs, the rest evenings or times changed by the police or sky. If your travelling any distance anything other than 3pm Sat kick off is becoming an unrealstic option

I'll probably just go for the membership and the 3pm sat home games, and the midlands area away games as they will be closer.

It will be strange though, can't think back to when I didn't have a season ticket .

I'm not sure about single match tickets but I spoke to a guy in the ticket office yesterday and he told

Me they are waiting until late April to bring in the prices for season tickets. He also says that instead of having different prices ie:early bird. They will be having one price and no matter what date you buy or renew, your season ticket will be that price. I said so the prices will be going up If you brought early bird last year? He said he didn't know. I hope I helped!

Oh and I know this really means we are waiting to see what league we are in. Just passing on what ticket man said!

Didn't renew our ST's this year - and I'm extremely glad I didn't. Regretted renewing last season when I discovered MIllen was going to be the manager.

And that after years of attending almost all home matches and for a few seasons the majority of away games too, despite not living in Bristol.

Simple reasons. Complete lack of entertainment. On the pitch no heart, no commitment, no passion or soul. Off the pitch a club run - badly - by a tax exile owner who is apparently more interested in his stadium than he is in delivering a return on the annual investment supporters make.

All very disappointing after the promise of the GJ years.

Frankly it wouldn't matter what the price was if the product on offer was as poor as it has been for the past two seasons.

Can't see me renewing next season, mainly due to the cost, last nights fiasco including the 170 mile round trip cost me the best part of £100, this year out of 23 home games, I think only 13 have been 3pm Sat kick offs, the rest evenings or times changed by the police or sky. If your travelling any distance anything other than 3pm Sat kick off is becoming an unrealstic option

I'll probably just go for the membership and the 3pm sat home games, and the midlands area away games as they will be closer.

It will be strange though, can't think back to when I didn't have a season ticket .

Hats off for coming to that last night. I dragged myself along and only live 5 miles away! Certainly wish I hadn't at half time.

Just wondering what people think the club will do next season?

After almost a season's worth of mainly crap home football the club should be wondering what we as supporters will be doing next season. I certainly wont be renewing my season card - I'll do pay on the day and if the club make pay on the day prices too high I wont bother with home games. The swathes of empty seats against Watford last night said it all regarding what the Bristol public think of our home performances.

I taken my little cousin with me to Football the last 2 seasons, he said to me;

"why do we bother coming? City are sh1te!"

I told him "we are city fans. We stay to the end cuz we are city fans."

I also explained to him tht a few seasons ago I was sat at wembley an we were 2 goals away from the prem. I said that yes this season we are bad and next season we will proberbly be watching league 1 football. But we are city fans and we are city till we die! We won't Always be sh1te and you have to take the bad seasons as well as the good. It is heart breaking and frustrating to watch and sometimes I wish I was at home watching corrie, but some time we will be better we will be on our way back up. I for one will be there!

He said, go on your own then!

But it's true if you don't renew for next season, we may make some signings, go to league one and be amazing. Will you want to miss it? I won't.

My eleven year old has to now be dragged to games - or bribed. He simply can't face losing every week and watching dross. When I told him there was a clash between Bristol Rugby and Bristol City (we have season tix for both) he said he wanted to go to the rugby - first time he has chosen that way. Even if prices stay the same I can't see us renewing - he is old enough to know his own mind and he has consistently said he doesn't want to watch city for about three months now. I would keep coming - but part of the fun was taking him and enjoying the match with him - and he is likely to flat out refuse even if we stay up!

My eleven year old has to now be dragged to games - or bribed. He simply can't face losing every week and watching dross. When I told him there was a clash between Bristol Rugby and Bristol City (we have season tix for both) he said he wanted to go to the rugby - first time he has chosen that way. Even if prices stay the same I can't see us renewing - he is old enough to know his own mind and he has consistently said he doesn't want to watch city for about three months now. I would keep coming - but part of the fun was taking him and enjoying the match with him - and he is likely to flat out refuse even if we stay up!

Similar situation with my little cousin, sad we could lose a generation of city fans.

I'm not sure about single match tickets but I spoke to a guy in the ticket office yesterday and he told

Me they are waiting until late April to bring in the prices for season tickets. He also says that instead of having different prices ie:early bird. They will be having one price and no matter what date you buy or renew, your season ticket will be that price. I said so the prices will be going up If you brought early bird last year? He said he didn't know. I hope I helped!

Oh and I know this really means we are waiting to see what league we are in. Just passing on what ticket man said!

If this is true then I won't be too pleased. Paid £315 or something last year and would be pretty angry if it went up significantly (ie more than about £25) after the disaster of this season.

If this is true then I won't be too pleased. Paid £315 or something last year and would be pretty angry if it went up significantly (ie more than about £25) after the disaster of this season.

The early bird was always quite an incentive if you have a family ticket, it would be a shame if it is dropped.

Who knows, the longer it goes on though the more speculation there will be.

We will have to wait and see. If they come out mid April, it's not leaving much chance for early bird. I think I it's looking like we will stay up, they will go up. If we're looking like we're going to go down the price will stay the same or go down.

They surely couldn't Put them up could they?

I'm sure they could put ST prices up.

The logic would be that the only people buying will be die hards who'll pay whatever it costs. There won't be many floating fans convinced to by a ST to watch a side devoid of talent that's just been relegated...

I'm sure they could put ST prices up.

The logic would be that the only people buying will be die hards who'll pay whatever it costs. There won't be many floating fans convinced to by a ST to watch a side devoid of talent that's just been relegated...

If we go down and ST prices goes up then the club have lost me. Next season will be my 17th in a row (that sounds scary) and there is no way i'm paying more to watch us in leauge 1 next year.

Personally, I think they should be releasing a special offer incentive NOW for those "die hards" that are happy to commit their support for next season NOW, before we even know what league we will be in.

I think the above suggestion of a £250 ceiling on season tickets is living in cloud cuckooo land - I paid early bird price of £350 ish for Dolman B block this year, which I was quite happy with, saving me £70 on the previous season, where I missed the early bird offer.

but for those willing to sign up again, right now, some special reward incentive could be offered to A) intice them into buying without knowing what exactly we are paying for, and B) to reward that loyalty of supporting the club through think and thin.

Perhaps for those that buy this week/fortnight, offer a £50 discount on what they paid last season....?!

That is just plucking a figure from the air - but would be a meaningfull saving for those that are the lifeblood of the club.

I will be getting one either way.

C.T.I.D!

For me personally, £25 is the maximum for what is acceptable, although in practice championship football should never cost that much.

I recently stood on the terraces at Cardiff Arms Park for £15 watching the Blues in the top flight, and some of the best rugby players in the world. A pint was £2.50 and you can stand on the terraces with your mates.

Not only is that better value, but it's good fun also. Football is just getting so expensive, and it's just not that much fun anymore. We all want to see our teams win, but do you really go to many away grounds (or home games) anymore and have a great laugh?

Years ago Cardiff used to base their ticket prices on league positions, so it was more expensive when we were near the top. A gimmick really, but shows it can be done.

I would rather a better spread of ticket prices, so the home ends should be something like £15 a game, with prices remaining the same in other parts of the ground, but with a family stand where you can bring a kid for a fiver or something.

Something will have to happen, because crowds are down at a lot of clubs now, and it will only get worse next year.

Personally am hoping that the club see sense and actually reduce prices. Am fairly sure that they wouldn't lose out overall as they would more than likely attract more supporters who, other than paying the reduced admission prices, will buy kits, food and drink etc.. Certainly this approach worked at clubs like Bradford and Huddersfield and it could work for us.

It is worth considering that our income from ST sales last financial year was only around £2.5m. At 5% increase only gets you £125,000, a 5% reduction only costs £125,000. I know that it's not my money, but against a loss of £12m these figure are very small and would suggest that 5% reduction on both ST prices and POTD will see its reward in much better attendances.

Archived