IGNORED

Before We Slate Dj...

Lack of Action Man

Will jeering him during the game, dropping him vs Middlesborough, and re-instating Gerken really do the team any good?

A) We've lost both centre halves for the next match - will further destabilising the defensive unit really have a positive effect?

B) Gerken hasn't played anywhere near enough competitive football this season (no reserve team entered in league...why? Gone out in the cups far too early.)

C) No one good enough will come here on loan - no keeper wants to lose week in week out.

As far as I can see, we'll have to keep things as they are because I can't see any real improvement being made.

Will jeering him during the game, dropping him vs Middlesborough, and re-instating Gerken really do the team any good?

A) We've lost both centre halves for the next match - will further destabilising the defensive unit really have a positive effect?

B) Gerken hasn't played anywhere near enough competitive football this season (no reserve team entered in league...why? Gone out in the cups far too early.)

C) No one good enough will come here on loan - no keeper wants to lose week in week out.

As far as I can see, we'll have to keep things as they are because I can't see any real improvement being made.

Fail to see how it is remotely stable at the moment!!

oh its oh so easy to continuously balme James isnt it ? All season this has been happening.

Yeah he made an awful cock up this evening but what about the other 10 arseholes in front of him ?

Game after game we dont or hardly score. That puts even more pressure on defence.

The sarcastic cheers this evening when James caught the ball was disgusting

oh its oh so easy to continuously balme James isnt it ? All season this has been happening.

Yeah he made an awful cock up this evening but what about the other 10 arseholes in front of him ?

Game after game we dont or hardly score. That puts even more pressure on defence.

The sarcastic cheers this evening when James caught the ball was disgusting

He is a seasoned professional footballer for gods sake. Sure he can take a few sarcastic cheers.

I think DJ has largely been one of our better players since DMc came in and tonight he made one rash error for the first goal which drained him of absolutely all confidence. He then made (IMO without seeing replay) another gaffe for the second goal in a) not claiming the cross and then b) not smothering the ball.

His command of the area was then worse than woeful, everyshot was parried and decision making, distribution and organizing were equally poor. All in all I think probably his worst ever performance for city and most likely one of the worst of his career and i struggle to believe that Gerkin would have done any worse.

However, I think largely this year he has done well and I would hope he is right for Saturday. I think the decision should be based on whether his confidence (which was visibly shattered) can be restored. Due to his experience I hope it can be, but maybe it's a case of a long season starting to play it's toll.

I agree with you but I don't think swapping keepers will make it any better, what do you think?

Personally think it will, how anyone can play in front of David James with any form of confidence beats me!! If an outfield player had as much of a shocker as DJ tonight he would be dropped so it should follow suit that he is also replaced.

To be honest after tonight we look like a lost cause anyway so we may as well save ourselves the appearance fee for David James or should I say Lansdown Hargreaves should.......

Im pretty sure he could..had worse in the Prem

But it doesnt make it right ....i mean i'll bet you my wages some of those who did it applauded the team off at the end !!

True but hardly "disgusting" as you originally suggested. Just some banter really.

I've seen players react well with crowds after making blunders... taking all in good spirit.

Personally think it will, how anyone can play in front of David James with any form of confidence beats me!! If an outfield player had as much of a shocker as DJ tonight he would be dropped so it should follow suit that he is also replaced.

To be honest after tonight we look like a lost cause anyway so we may as well save ourselves the appearance fee for David James or should I say Lansdown Hargreaves should.......

Fair enough, I can't say I agree fully - but I can see where you're coming from.

What was the result in the match after DJ got dropped last time.........

What was the result in the match after DJ got dropped last time.........

Exactly. People have short memories.

James was shocking tonight. But let's not kids ourselves that it was all his fault. Watford looked far far superior to us.

Basso would do things like that every other game yet was hailed as a hero. But then again he didn't have a clever nickname given to him by the gutter press and soaked up by the mindless masses

If I've told you once, I've told you a million times, do not exaggerate

I think DJ has largely been one of our better players since DMc came in and tonight he made one rash error for the first goal which drained him of absolutely all confidence. He then made (IMO without seeing replay) another gaffe for the second goal in a) not claiming the cross and then b) not smothering the ball.

His command of the area was then worse than woeful, everyshot was parried and decision making, distribution and organizing were equally poor. All in all I think probably his worst ever performance for city and most likely one of the worst of his career and i struggle to believe that Gerken would have done any worse.

However, I think largely this year he has done well and I would hope he is right for Saturday. I think the decision should be based on whether his confidence (which was visibly shattered) can be restored. Due to his experience I hope it can be, but maybe it's a case of a long season starting to play it's toll.

Spot on.

He'd lost all confidence by the second half, completely missed the ball from one cross (Foster cleared off the line) and kicked the ball straight at an opposition player when he left his area.

He can't start on Saturday.

IMO one of Citys best players in the last few months. Granted he might not have won many points recently but he has stopped some scorelines being humiliating. Problem is with a keeper if they have a shocker, which DJ did big time tonight, there is no hiding. Clear chances fluffed by strikers are rarely remembered and mentioned but mistakes by keepers are much more significant and noticable. Anyone that thinks Gherkin is the answer needs their head examining in my opinion. Always felt DJ is an easy target because of who he is and has never really connected with the fans as well as Basso did. For me James is better than Basso yet I get the feeling most would rather have Basso back, seems ludicrous. As I said he has had one (very) sh*t game in 3 months of at times brilliant keeping.

Goal keepers cannot win.. said it before on here and will no doubt say it again. Players can have a right mare most of the game by simply not being in the game and, therefore by definition, not be noticed for any foul ups.

Goalies, on the other hand, cannot hide and one error is potentially fatal. As a result they deserve, and usually get, a lot more sympathy from fans. If our lot made sarcastic jeers or cheers at DJ tonight it is a bit out of order. That said we are all a little more than a tad cheesed off at present.

Archived