IGNORED

Before We Slate Dj...

Lack of Action Man

Remind us again the Jamo haters, what was the score last time he was dropped. Gerkin is NOT, repeat NOT better than James...

The dumbest move Johnson, Millen & Coppell made is not ****** playing Henderson.

Jamo is the best of a bad bunch here, and I doubt ANY keeper would do much better, with the shower of shit masquerading as BCFC right now.

That is a disgracful attempt by James, half arse horse shite, I don't care how good he may have been for the past few months, that is utter utter garbage that has demoralised the team and potentially cost us 1 or 3 points. The Ball should have been caught, how a 40 plus keep can come out and make a decision like that, with the position we are in is quite frankly embarrasing.

Now I am sure he didn't mean to do it, but the decision making is completely wrong, rush out to the edge of your box and punch it? no control.

That is worse than a school boy error, and it is a mistake no keeper should be making, there was no real pressure on the guy. Fills your defence full of confidence!

Typical of James through his career, just not concentrating, he wouldn't have got his nickname if he wasn't so prone to large **** ups, yet still he does not learn.

i have said it before and I'll say it again, I really do feel the basics of his game have got worse and worse during the time he has been with us, constantly pushing shots back into the 6 yard box instead of out wide or out for a corner, I have lost count of the times his poor decisions when palming a ball back into the box have cost us goals over the last couple of seasons. Maybe it is a age thing, his reflexes are not quite so good, or movement not quite so good. But for the wage Lansdown is paying him, and with his history, you should be expecting a whole lot better than what we have got for the past few years.

A footnote in history will be David James, Ex England International, played out his career at Bristol City and was decidedly average.

He should never have played enough games to have his contract extended in my opinion. Hindsight being what it is.

Remind us again the Jamo haters, what was the score last time he was dropped. Gerkin is NOT, repeat NOT better than James...

The dumbest move Johnson, Millen & Coppell made is not ****** playing Henderson.

Jamo is the best of a bad bunch here, and I doubt ANY keeper would do much better, with the shower of shit masquerading as BCFC right now.

Spot on. If we're thinking Dean Gerken in goal will do anything except make us EVEN ****** WORSE then we're wrong. The decision making at this club these past few years is encapsulated by our handling of Henderson - an incompetent, short-sighted joke.

How anyone can defend DJ is mind boggling!

Gerken is better - and has proved it! At no time has Gerken made the mistakes that James has over the period he has ben here.

DJ has always been a clown and should have stayed with the Spice Boys!

How anyone can defend DJ is mind boggling!

Gerken is better - and has proved it! At no time has Gerken made the mistakes that James has over the period he has ben here.

DJ has always been a clown and should have stayed with the Spice Boys!

You HAVE to be joking - Blackpool??? even against leicester he almost gifted them a goal!!

This was David James first poor game in a while - Gerken creates chaos nearly every game!

Mind you, I do hope David James does not stay.

You HAVE to be joking - Blackpool??? even against leicester he almost gifted them a goal!!

This was David James first poor game in a while - Gerken creates chaos nearly every game!

Mind you, I do hope David James does not stay.

No joking on my part.

The difference being against leicester gerken almost gifted them a goal, last season at leicester James did gift them a goal - spot the difference.

As for first poor game in a while - he has more poor games than good ones.

The one consistent during the whole season is that two poor managers have failed to see that the consistent problem with the defence has been the everpresent goalkeeper - brought in and kept in on reputation alone.

If we are to survive in this league then change has to happen, and if that means Gerken is in goal then that is better than waiting for the next clanger from calamity.

If DMc has any balls then he will say to SL - sorry mr owner but I dont care how much you are paying this clown but he is dropped for the benefit of the whole club. End of.

Its embarrasing how people have such short minds! David James has been world class in games this season, Reading is one that automatically springs ot mind! I cant remeber when he has had a out and out mistake this season apart from last night! But as soon as the poor bloke makes a mistake people are booing him and calling for Deano! James is far superier than Gerken and people who are calling for Jamo to be dropped are stupid! Every Goalkeeper has a mistake in them and as i goalkeeper myself i know how damn right easy it is to make a mistake! Yes, last night James made a mistkae but i think people should remember how good James has aslo been in other games before jeering him.

I didnt hear any boo's for stead when he missed when he was one on one, surely that is a mistake, i didn't hear any boo's for Albert where he treid to take on one to many defenders and lost the ball, surely that is also a mistake?

We should back our players when they make mistakes because you feel bad enough when you make a mistake without another 5000 people getting on your back!

That is a disgracful attempt by James, half arse horse shite, I don't care how good he may have been for the past few months, that is utter utter garbage that has demoralised the team and potentially cost us 1 or 3 points. The Ball should have been caught, how a 40 plus keep can come out and make a decision like that, with the position we are in is quite frankly embarrasing.

TRL, you are one of the few worth listening to on here, but on this occasion....

He tries to catch it and he carries it out of the front of box giving away a free kick on the edge of the area.

He has to come out because McManus has allowed the striker to get between himself and the ball.

He has to punch because as well as being ball side, the striker is further forward than McManus and will have a free header otherwise.

All that is quite clear by watching the video posted up thread.

TRL, you are one of the few worth listening to on here, but on this occasion....

He tries to catch it and he carries it out of the front of box giving away a free kick on the edge of the area.

He has to come out because McManus has allowed the striker to get between himself and the ball.

He has to punch because as well as being ball side, the striker is further forward than McManus and will have a free header otherwise.

All that is quite clear by watching the video posted up thread.

Maybe, but when I see the replay his feet land in the box, and he turns to look back at the ball role back into the net, his feet never leave the area.

But even if this is the case and he was worried about going out the area, you go with two fists to ensure you get as much as you can on the ball, one fist is asking for trouble, and he got it.

The end result is ball in the back of the net, where he had two options, but took a 3rd. It was just rank bad keeping.

You are right though, the initial defending by a international was pretty poor as well, no one covered in glory from a hopeful punt.

We've had a fair few keepers down Ashton gate over the years, and although David James has made some very good saves for us, I have never seen a City goalkeeper give away so many chances or goals as him.

How many more times will he try to save a shot by pushing back onto the penalty spot instead of around the post, how many more times will he punch instead of catching, how many more times will he come rushing out losing his head, how many more times have we got to watch him slice another backpass.

Gerkin isn't the answer either. If you look at previous posts I've made, this isn't a rash decision, I've thought it a long time - McInnes needs to get a decent couple of keepers and drop the two liabilities that we currently have.

We've had a fair few keepers down Ashton gate over the years, and although David James has made some very good saves for us, I have never seen a City goalkeeper give away so many chances or goals as him.

How many more times will he try to save a shot by pushing back onto the penalty spot instead of around the post, how many more times will he punch instead of catching, how many more times will he come rushing out losing his head, how many more times have we got to watch him slice another backpass.

Gerkin isn't the answer either. If you look at previous posts I've made, this isn't a rash decision, I've thought it a long time - McInnes needs to get a decent couple of keepers and drop the two liabilities that we currently have.

Thank god its not just me that thinks this, I sometimes wonder if I am watching the same games as some that sing his praises

The club has caused the situation with our keepers, ie we have one who is a 'name' but isn't playing as well as we'd hoped in the Championship, yes i expected him to be much better than he has been, noticeably different from most other keepers. The other (Gerkin) doesn't cause any problem as he isn't good enough to replace him, no competition, but ok to have as a token keeper on the bench, as long as we actually don't have to play him eh?

Yes i agree we royally cocked it up with Henderson, but come on, anyone would think the only keepers out there are James.Gerkin and Henderson. We've had a problem for ages. How many teams in the championship would want to swop their keepers for ours. How many other clubs keepers would you take over what we have? The club cocked it up, and that includes various managers, and now it's come back to bite us hard on the bum.

Ok Schmeichel is a cut above but seeing him a couple of weeks ago really brought home to me James' faults, distribution (does he EVER find a red shirt). We need to rebuild from the back to the front, a good up and coming keeper with experience and comanding ability is a must. Over to you Del, we never said it was easy.

Archived