IGNORED

Dmc - Is The Man For Us?

redlandrebel

Personally I believe he is. But I confess to this being instinct - my football knowledge is sadly lacking (my 12 old lad knows infinitely more than I do).

Seriously though, even a couple of weeks ago, no-one - OK, nearly no-one, would have said a bad word about the man. Now people on here are queuing up to diss him. So, can some-one who know what they're talking about, explain to me why DMC should go? Or, is the case that it's the players' fault; not all of them are demotivated but most of them are just not very good. If this is the case Del can be relied on to turn us round (and bring us up if we do (increasingly likely) go down?

I think his signings be they permanent or loan (for the most part) aren't proving up to the task.

For example...

Foster - Swings from good to bad in the space of seconds

Davis - injured (showed promise though)

Wood - Another Stead, but Stead's got the (slightly) better work rate (imo)

Pearson - Marmite, fans either rate him or slate him. Not convinced he would be a decent top half player (again, imo)

McManus - Started brightly but faltering quickly

but, he recognises the problems in the team that Millen couldn't see. Maybe there's something lacking with his motivational powers? :dunno:

I really don't know. I feel so despondent tonight I wonder who could really turn us around at the moment. We've got back to the rotten state we were in before Gary Johnson took over. McInnes needs to be afforded a pre season and 10/15 games in League One to see if he can turn the club around.

we said this about KM, give him a pre season, and see what he does. He did nothing. SL has not paid for a championship player under a few different managers, we have a team full of div 1 players who are not good enough. Not sure that it is down to the manager, i blame SL and the way in which he has under spent on the club. So he should f uck off and do one

The worst thing possible would be to get rid of him in the near future. It would be another indication of panic decisions by the board. He's identified problems and tried to change things when they're not working. There seems to be a complete complacency in some players at the club. His transfers have been limited for now, but they were made with the plan of aviodidng relegation, I doubt any were real long term solution as such. Once a clear out was happening we can see what he can do. Remember we had a huge losing streak under Johnson

The thing that annoys me the most about McInnes is that he has obviously instructed every player to get back for opposing corners, this results in us not being able to break quickly. Even if the ball is cleared out it comes straight back into our box because nobody is there to chase it down! RANT OVER.

There is no doubt that McInness has been dealt a bad hand with the squad he inherited however I am starting to wonder what we practice in training all we seem to do is play the ball along the back four and then woof!!!! And the lack of movement is unreal. The players also have a lot to answer for bang up for it against Southampton x2, west ham, Leicester and Cardiff to some degree then Watford show up, James chucks one in and they any be arsed! Absolute disgrace! Mcinnes signing have not been inspired at all. No more Scottish players please!

If he wants to stay and build this club from the bottom up I say let him carry on. We have a squad full of bottlers who are not up for the fight. I am furious my hard earned money is going to these players and am glad something like 15 or so players are out of contract in the summer either give 100% or **** off.

The thing that annoys me the most about McInnes is that he has obviously instructed every player to get back for opposing corners, this results in us not being able to break quickly. Even if the ball is cleared out it comes straight back into our box because nobody is there to chase it down! RANT OVER.

Yeah, I don't get that either.

You leave your quickest man on the half way line, or someone who can hold the ball up so as to bring in others, MENTAL.

To me he does appear a bit out of his depth because he can't seem to get the team organised or playing to a recognisable shape. He is doing just the same as GJ did when it was going mamaries up and Millen followed suit, changing the shape a few times each game in desparation to shore things up.

DMc is following the same pattern. Plus the players he has added offer no more than those they have replaced, and I for one do not think that importing a load of Scots will be the answer. Strachan tried it at 'Boro with "better" Scottish players and it didn't work there either.

To me he does appear a bit out of his depth because he can't seem to get the team organised or playing to a recognisable shape. He is doing just the same as GJ did when it was going mamaries up and Millen followed suit, changing the shape a few times each game in desparation to shore things up.

DMc is following the same pattern. Plus the players he has added offer no more than those they have replaced, and I for one do not think that importing a load of Scots will be the answer. Strachan tried it at 'Boro with "better" Scottish players and it didn't work there either.

Agreed - out of his depth. Limited tactical ability and as for his motivational skills - where are they?

Trying to be objective ..........

Signings - could do better (a lot better)

Tactics - couldn't do much worse

Motivation - not immediately obvious

So on balance - in my view, no Del is not the man for us.

However, forgetting reasoned arguement for a moment - having just sat through another 90 minutes of complete dross tonight my instinct says get rid now - he isn't up to the job and we could give somebody a proper pre-season.

I accepted a while ago that we would be relegated.

It is not losing or even relegation that annoys me, it is the pathetic manner of our defeats and complete lack of fight.

If someone like Mick McCarthy was in charge now, we would in all probability still go down, but at least we would have some b0ll0cks about us...

I'm sorry, but McInnes has been pathetic so far, clearly is unable to motivate, and I see nothing to suggest that he will be any better in League One.

so.......... maybe SL should look at the reason why no-one is playing for the shirt or the manager.... we need someone with a good network of contacts/ ex players / scouts etc for loan signings......

Controversial, I know but we can't carry on with this dross for much longer. Here are a few unemployed managers =

Ruud Gullit (born as Ruud Dil, September 1, 1962 in Amsterdam) is a Dutch football coach and former player, who played professionally in the 1980s and 1990s.

He was the captain of the Netherlands national team that was victorious at Euro 88 and was also a member of the squad for the 1990 World Cup. He was named the European Footballer of the Year in 1987 and the World Soccer Player of the Year in 1987 and 1989.

He was a versatile player, playing in numerous positions during his career.

He most recently managed Russian Premier League football club Terek Grozny, after previous spells with the Los Angeles Galaxy, Chelsea, Newcastle United and Feyenoord.

Gullit made his debut with the Dutch national team on his 19th birthday, and went on to make 66 appearances with them, scoring 16 goals, from 1981 to 1994.

In 1997 with Chelsea, he became the first non-British manager to win the FA Cup.

Steve Bruce, the captain who spearheaded Sir Alex Ferguson's renaissance of Manchester United, has displayed similar determination in establishing himself as a Premier League manager.

Steve Bruce, the captain who spearheaded Sir Alex Ferguson's renaissance of Manchester United, has displayed similar determination in establishing himself as a Premier League manager. On accepting the position at the Stadium of light, Steve took charge of a club for the third time in the Barclays Premier League.

Sunderland is the sixth club he has managed, after twice winning promotion for Birmingham City and leading Wigan Athletic to an 11th place finish in the Premier League 2008/09 season.

Bruce was an instant hit at St. Andrews in particular, winning promotion via the play-offs within five months of his appointment midway through the 2001-02 season.

Birmingham then enjoyed respectable Premier League finishes of 13th, 10th and 12th before being relegated in 2005. Bruce then spearheaded an instant comeback to the top flight for the Blues.

His return to Wigan in November, 2007 was instrumental in the Lancashire club surviving in the Premier League.

Then in his first full season with Sunderland, he led The Black Cats to 13th place in the Barclays Premier League and his most notable signing Darren Bent recorded an impressive 24 league goals.

The following campaign, Bent joined Aston Villa for a club record fee but Bruce still went onto guide his team to a top 10 finish in the Barclays Premier League.

As a player, Bruce was synonymous with launching Manchester United into an era of relentless achievement. After moving up from Gillingham and Norwich, the rugged centre half skippered United to their first title for 25 years in 1993.

He won seven major trophies at Old Trafford - three championships, two FA Cups, the League Cup and the European Cup Winners Cup. Bruce also claimed the distinction of being the first English player of the 20th century to captain a team to the double when United pulled off the feat in 1994.

Gordon Strachan has enjoyed successful spells in management in England and Scotland.

His first job came as assistant to Ron Atkinson in 1995 and he succeeded Big Ron as manager in 1996, going onto become Coventry's longest serving manager since John Sillett.

With Southampton, he transformed a relegation threatened side to a top-ten Premier League outfit. Further progress followed as the Saints reached a FA Cup final and qualified for the UEFA Cup.

At Parkhead he became the third Celtic manager in history to lead them to three successive Scottish Premier League titles - overall he won six trophies in four years.

He was named the SPL Manager of the Year in his first season with Celtic - an honour in which he would win in three of the four seasons in charge.

Strachan later managed Middlesbrough, where he surpassed the landmark of 550 games in football management.

As a player, Strachan played top flight football making 635 appearances, scoring 138 goals and winning Scottish League titles in 1980 and 1984, Scottish Cup medals in 1982, 1983 and 1984, a European Cup Winners Cup medal in 1983, an FA Cup Medal, Division Two title in 1990 and the Division One Championship in 1993.

For Scotland he won 50 caps, scoring five goals, and appeared in the 1982 and 1986 World Cup finals.

Ray Wilkins MBE has enjoyed a distinguished career within the game both as a player and coach.

The former England midfielder began his career with Chelsea, making his debut as a 17-year-old in 1973. He went on to enjoy an illustrious playing career with the likes of Manchester United, AC Milan, QPR and Rangers before entering management.

His first managerial position was with with QPR in 1994 with the club in the Premier League and he also managed Fulham whilst The Cottagers were in the Football League.

After leaving Fulham, Wilkins worked with Gianluca Viallia at Chelsea and Watford before assisting Dennis Wise at Millwall. He also assisted Peter Taylor with the England under 21's.

Following his arrival at Stamford Bridge in September 2008, Wilkins helped guide Chelsea to win The FA Cup in 2009, together with the Barclays Premier League and FA Cup double in 2010. He initially assisted World Cup winning manager Luiz Felipe Scolari previous to working with Guus Hiddink and current Chelsea manager, Carlo Ancelotti.

Gianfranco Zola OBE After an illustrious playing career in London being voted Chelsea’s best ever player, Zola returned to the Premier League as manger of West Ham United in September 2008.

Born in Oliena, Sardinia, Zola began his playing career with Nuorese. Zola spent the first decade of his career in Italy, notably at Napoli and Parma. Whilst at Napoli, Zola played alongside Diego Maradona and helped them achieve the Scudeto title for only the second time in their history.

In November 1991, Zola made his debut for the Italian national team against Norway under Coach Arrigo Sacchi. Zola won 35 caps for Italy, scoring 10 goals. In 93, Zola then signed for Parma winning the UEFA Cup and the UEFA Super-Cup before moving to England to sign for Chelsea.

Zola played a total of 312 games for Chelsea and scored 80 goals. During his time at Chelsea, Zola won the FA Cup twice, League Cup, Community Shield, UEFA Cup Winners Cup, and the European Super Cup. In recognition, of his playing career in England Zola, was awarded an OBE in 2004 and inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame in 2006.

In the summer of 2003, Zola returned to his native Sardinia signing for Cagliari before retiring in June 2005. In his entire career, Zola played 627 games and scored 193 goals.

In 2006, Zola started his coaching career, being appointed as assistant to Italy national under-21 football team head coach Pierluigi Casiraghi by the Italian Football Federation. The duo, led the azzurrini to gain a spot at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, where they reached the quarter-finals.

Zola was unveiled as the new West Ham United Manager on the 11th September 2008. The former Italy playmaker became the 12th manager and first foreign boss in West Ham's history after replacing Alan Curbishley. The Hammers finished 9th in 2008/09 after an impressive second half of the season just missing out on European qualification.

Zola and West Ham then parted company at the close of the 2009/10 season.

copyright http://www.leaguemanagers.com/index.html

we said this about KM, give him a pre season, and see what he does. He did nothing. SL has not paid for a championship player under a few different managers, we have a team full of div 1 players who are not good enough. Not sure that it is down to the manager, i blame SL and the way in which he has under spent on the club. So he should f uck off and do one

Be careful what you wish for.

Is he the man for us? I'm not sure but do we have time to find out?

Its interesting when ever we get a good manager we seem to go on a good run for 3 or 4 games. I'm not saying its the right thing to do But maybe if he got the boot right now, maybe, just maybe that might save us. Personally I'd like to see what he could bring in during the summer, but I'm not sure if I'd like to see this if it's going to mean we go down first.

hes got both arms tied behind his back with the utter shower of shite masquerading as BCFC this season. We have well and truly been found out like the Gas were last season. Lets see what he can do early doors next season, cos the very last thing we should do is change managers a bloody gain...

Clear out the the shit (About 95% of the team) and then start taking a critical view. On the subject of loan players, specially those got in haste, is their current teams dont rate them for whatever reason, why should they be any good in the first place, and then we are back to the shower of shite takin the piss out of Bristol City FC and its long sufferin fans. We ripped the shit out the Gas last season, despite havin a little better team ourselves...and **** me are we now paying the price for the last five managers inadequacies now....

so.......... maybe SL should look at the reason why no-one is playing for the shirt or the manager.... we need someone with a good network of contacts/ ex players / scouts etc for loan signings......

Controversial, I know but we can't carry on with this dross for much longer. Here are a few unemployed managers =

Ruud Gullit (born as Ruud Dil, September 1, 1962 in Amsterdam) is a Dutch football coach and former player, who played professionally in the 1980s and 1990s.

He was the captain of the Netherlands national team that was victorious at Euro 88 and was also a member of the squad for the 1990 World Cup. He was named the European Footballer of the Year in 1987 and the World Soccer Player of the Year in 1987 and 1989.

He was a versatile player, playing in numerous positions during his career.

He most recently managed Russian Premier League football club Terek Grozny, after previous spells with the Los Angeles Galaxy, Chelsea, Newcastle United and Feyenoord.

Gullit made his debut with the Dutch national team on his 19th birthday, and went on to make 66 appearances with them, scoring 16 goals, from 1981 to 1994.

In 1997 with Chelsea, he became the first non-British manager to win the FA Cup.

Steve Bruce, the captain who spearheaded Sir Alex Ferguson's renaissance of Manchester United, has displayed similar determination in establishing himself as a Premier League manager.

Steve Bruce, the captain who spearheaded Sir Alex Ferguson's renaissance of Manchester United, has displayed similar determination in establishing himself as a Premier League manager. On accepting the position at the Stadium of light, Steve took charge of a club for the third time in the Barclays Premier League.

Sunderland is the sixth club he has managed, after twice winning promotion for Birmingham City and leading Wigan Athletic to an 11th place finish in the Premier League 2008/09 season.

Bruce was an instant hit at St. Andrews in particular, winning promotion via the play-offs within five months of his appointment midway through the 2001-02 season.

Birmingham then enjoyed respectable Premier League finishes of 13th, 10th and 12th before being relegated in 2005. Bruce then spearheaded an instant comeback to the top flight for the Blues.

His return to Wigan in November, 2007 was instrumental in the Lancashire club surviving in the Premier League.

Then in his first full season with Sunderland, he led The Black Cats to 13th place in the Barclays Premier League and his most notable signing Darren Bent recorded an impressive 24 league goals.

The following campaign, Bent joined Aston Villa for a club record fee but Bruce still went onto guide his team to a top 10 finish in the Barclays Premier League.

As a player, Bruce was synonymous with launching Manchester United into an era of relentless achievement. After moving up from Gillingham and Norwich, the rugged centre half skippered United to their first title for 25 years in 1993.

He won seven major trophies at Old Trafford - three championships, two FA Cups, the League Cup and the European Cup Winners Cup. Bruce also claimed the distinction of being the first English player of the 20th century to captain a team to the double when United pulled off the feat in 1994.

Gordon Strachan has enjoyed successful spells in management in England and Scotland.

His first job came as assistant to Ron Atkinson in 1995 and he succeeded Big Ron as manager in 1996, going onto become Coventry's longest serving manager since John Sillett.

With Southampton, he transformed a relegation threatened side to a top-ten Premier League outfit. Further progress followed as the Saints reached a FA Cup final and qualified for the UEFA Cup.

At Parkhead he became the third Celtic manager in history to lead them to three successive Scottish Premier League titles - overall he won six trophies in four years.

He was named the SPL Manager of the Year in his first season with Celtic - an honour in which he would win in three of the four seasons in charge.

Strachan later managed Middlesbrough, where he surpassed the landmark of 550 games in football management.

As a player, Strachan played top flight football making 635 appearances, scoring 138 goals and winning Scottish League titles in 1980 and 1984, Scottish Cup medals in 1982, 1983 and 1984, a European Cup Winners Cup medal in 1983, an FA Cup Medal, Division Two title in 1990 and the Division One Championship in 1993.

For Scotland he won 50 caps, scoring five goals, and appeared in the 1982 and 1986 World Cup finals.

Ray Wilkins MBE has enjoyed a distinguished career within the game both as a player and coach.

The former England midfielder began his career with Chelsea, making his debut as a 17-year-old in 1973. He went on to enjoy an illustrious playing career with the likes of Manchester United, AC Milan, QPR and Rangers before entering management.

His first managerial position was with with QPR in 1994 with the club in the Premier League and he also managed Fulham whilst The Cottagers were in the Football League.

After leaving Fulham, Wilkins worked with Gianluca Viallia at Chelsea and Watford before assisting Dennis Wise at Millwall. He also assisted Peter Taylor with the England under 21's.

Following his arrival at Stamford Bridge in September 2008, Wilkins helped guide Chelsea to win The FA Cup in 2009, together with the Barclays Premier League and FA Cup double in 2010. He initially assisted World Cup winning manager Luiz Felipe Scolari previous to working with Guus Hiddink and current Chelsea manager, Carlo Ancelotti.

Gianfranco Zola OBE After an illustrious playing career in London being voted Chelsea’s best ever player, Zola returned to the Premier League as manger of West Ham United in September 2008.

Born in Oliena, Sardinia, Zola began his playing career with Nuorese. Zola spent the first decade of his career in Italy, notably at Napoli and Parma. Whilst at Napoli, Zola played alongside Diego Maradona and helped them achieve the Scudeto title for only the second time in their history.

In November 1991, Zola made his debut for the Italian national team against Norway under Coach Arrigo Sacchi. Zola won 35 caps for Italy, scoring 10 goals. In 93, Zola then signed for Parma winning the UEFA Cup and the UEFA Super-Cup before moving to England to sign for Chelsea.

Zola played a total of 312 games for Chelsea and scored 80 goals. During his time at Chelsea, Zola won the FA Cup twice, League Cup, Community Shield, UEFA Cup Winners Cup, and the European Super Cup. In recognition, of his playing career in England Zola, was awarded an OBE in 2004 and inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame in 2006.

In the summer of 2003, Zola returned to his native Sardinia signing for Cagliari before retiring in June 2005. In his entire career, Zola played 627 games and scored 193 goals.

In 2006, Zola started his coaching career, being appointed as assistant to Italy national under-21 football team head coach Pierluigi Casiraghi by the Italian Football Federation. The duo, led the azzurrini to gain a spot at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, where they reached the quarter-finals.

Zola was unveiled as the new West Ham United Manager on the 11th September 2008. The former Italy playmaker became the 12th manager and first foreign boss in West Ham's history after replacing Alan Curbishley. The Hammers finished 9th in 2008/09 after an impressive second half of the season just missing out on European qualification.

Zola and West Ham then parted company at the close of the 2009/10 season.

copyright http://www.leagueman....com/index.html

My god are you serious? None of those managers would come here, except maybe Strachan and he is a worse manager than Del who has had no money, inherited a squad of shite players who don't care about the team.

McManus has looked good to be fair. Pearson better than what we had in midfield, and Sean Davies was a gamble because of his fitness. Clearly a good player though.

One question I would have about Del's policy is why rely on loan players instead of playing some youngsters? Joe Bryan had a good game in his debut and there must be a few more young hungry players who could come in and give us something different. The problem with loanees is that they never really care about the team they join. The youngsters who come through the academy would at least play with passion and desire and I think that is all the fans want at the moment.

Archived