IGNORED

Will We Finish Bottom ?

Bourne End Red

We have had relegation written all over us for a while now.

Amazingly we are still out of the drop zone due to 3 teams below us apparently being worse than us.

I knew Forest would find some wins in them eventually and escape.

Im now wondering if we will finish bottom of the league as we seem to be getting worse.

I can see Pompey putting together some points as with Donny. Coventry less so however who would bet against them coming here and taking away all 3 points.

Forget relegation we are in real trouble of finishing bottom.......

I'm amazed at the number of points we've got already, where did they come from, all I can seem to remember is defeat after defeat!

Yeah, that's exactly what I keep thinking.

The luck we've had, the way we've been playing, the amount of 3-0 defeats, reading the otib moans, and then you look at the table and instead of being rock bottom 8 points adrift, we aren't even in the drop zone.

How did that happen?

I don't know how it has happened - but in some strange way if Cardiff win tonight - preferably by a big margin - we would actually be slightly better off than we were before last night's dross. Same points above the drop zone, one less game for those below us to catch up.....

I would far rater we were picking up the points to not need to clutch at straws like these though praying%20smiley.gif

I don't know how it has happened - but in some strange way if Cardiff win tonight - preferably by a big margin - we would actually be slightly better off than we were before last night's dross. Same points above the drop zone, one less game for those below us to catch up.....

I would far rater we were picking up the points to not need to clutch at straws like these though praying%20smiley.gif

Last night was one of our more winnable games that we had left, so don't think we are any better off, as Pompey have closed on us as well.

According to sky we have lost 10 of our last 14 games, add to that the fact that we still haven't scored away from home this year, I'd say we are doomed especially when you consider 4 of our last 8 games are away and that we have only accumulated 3 points in our last 4 home games.

So we have 4 away games (1point total accumulated from 12, in our last 4).

And 4 home games (3 points in our last 4 home games).

If we follow suit, we accumulate exactly 4 points from our last 8 games.

Hmmmm

I have tried remaining positive all season but I am not sure I can anymore. After last night I have pretty much just accepted we are down now. I have been furious all day but on reflection from last nights gutless and spineless display we are down, and I personally think we will finish bottom. Would love it if I am wrong but I just can't see it being any different.

I have tried remaining positive all season but I am not sure I can anymore. After last night I have pretty much just accepted we are down now. I have been furious all day but on reflection from last nights gutless and spineless display we are down, and I personally think we will finish bottom. Would love it if I am wrong but I just can't see it being any different.

+1 The last two performances have finally convinced me that we will be relegated and believe that we will finish bottom of the league,

We can only rely on those below us not winning for so long and with pompey last night and with pompey away to coventry at the weekend another 3 pts for one of them will hurt us especially as on current form you have to right us off sat boro for a defeat. We still have brum and hammers to play so we need a minimum of 3 wins and that will be hard as to win you need to score a goal which is something we are not capable of doing especially at home,

what makes me laugh is when DM says things like when they scored it changed the game plan which translates as we cant score and i was hoping for a nil nil now we are fu**ed

Last night was the game that convinced me of relegation too. James had a mare but the most worrying thing, and this has been the case for months, is the total lack of fight and seemingly interest from the majority of the squad. We were 2-0 down with lots of time to play but there was no attempt to attack in numbers or even hurry to take free kicks, goal kicks, throw in's etc. It just felt like the team has totally given up the fight.

I have tried to remain positive and upbeat but what i witnessed last night was shambolic. i just dont get where the performances come from, how can we be right up for it enter leicester and cardiff and then go and play like that against pompey and watford. Inconsistency will be our undoing, yes we have injurys and watford were pressing us hard last night but i did expect a bit more from us, i guess none of us would be saying the things were posting if James had dealt with things properly or if perhaps we grabbed a point.

does anyone else think BP wasnt interested and any reasons why, i know he was up against a very large back four, taylor was a beast but his body language and effort certainly wasnt right.

It does seem everything is stacked against us and as another poster has said 9 points has to come from the next 8 games, i dont want to chuck the towel in just yet and i will support the team till its out of our hands but i cannot see for the life of me where they are coming from.

boro, florest, birmingham and burnley - away - :help:

derby, coventry, barnsley, west ham - home - :mf_sleep:

And the further bad news is that we've the worst goal difference so anyone who pulls level on points will go above us....

We're doomed unless the board act now and get some proper experience to either guide or replace McInnes - he looks shell shocked and has blatantly run out of ideas.

The only chance I can see is a honeymoon period.

Sticking with a manager, hoping that once relegated he'll rebuild for a rapid promotion push is ok if there is any suggestion that he might be capable of actually doing it - right now I'm afraid I don't see it in McInnes.

Our best chance of promtion is the next 8 games - we need something to change immediately.

The only chance I can see is a honeymoon period.

Sticking with a manager, hoping that once relegated he'll rebuild for a rapid promotion push is ok if there is any suggestion that he might be capable of actually doing it - right now I'm afraid I don't see it in McInnes.

Our best chance of promtion is the next 8 games - we need something to change immediately.

You are right - will those running the club realise its a gamble worth taking? I doubt it unless we get thrashed on Saturday.

Archived