IGNORED

Bolasie

GrahamC

Had them down for talks blah blah blah. Were they the only players available? No. He supposedly had lists - problem was, those positions were never on the top of his priorities.

Lots of things point to the fact he never knew the problems. He said Mcallister was brilliant. went into the new season with no new defenders and was surprised that they couldnt defend - even though he witnessed the same set of players struggle to defend a year earlier until caulker came in.

He always thought that signing a forward would solve our problems - it never did.

The few he targeted as quality and on frees yes. Did you notice any other quality targets that were mentioned that would have cost a sizable transfer fee? I didn't. Reason being the board narrowed his potential pool by saying funds were not available.

We can see from this seasons offerings the dross which is out there if you don't spend the money or the decent frees are not available.

As much as you dislike McAllister his replacement, as scouted by del is woeful. Don't see you moaning about that though!

The few he targeted as quality and on frees yes. Did you notice any other quality targets that were mentioned that would have cost a sizable transfer fee? I didn't. Reason being the board narrowed his potential pool by saying funds were not available.

We can see from this seasons offerings the dross which is out there if you don't spend the money or the decent frees are not available.

As much as you dislike McAllister his replacement, as scouted by del is woeful. Don't see you moaning about that though!

McGivern was a Millen signing.

Your right, I haven't moaned, because as far as I can see del hasn't brought in a left back?!

What's selling players got to do with anything? He was allowed to bring players in - even when he claimed he wasn't, Sexstone come out and said he was.

We had plenty of strikers and wingers at the time - they were the ONLY positions we didn't need. Say he was telling the truth, and he couldn't bring in anymore players - why spend the pittance he had on players we had plenty for? Why not bring in a left back - we had none and still have none good enough. A commanding centre back to replace caulker??

The whole time he was in charge he was guessing.

He did bring in a left back, on a season long loan from Man City. OK, the guy wasn't as good as we hoped, but he had targeted that position.

He tried to get Billy Jones (centre back) from Preston in the January window, but they wouldn't sell due to their relegation battle. Then when he was out of contract at the end of the season, WBA came in.

He was also hoping to keep Caulker for a further season, but Swansea came in. So he was targetting a centre back even though he had been lumbered with full back and centre back that Coppell had brought in.

I don't think that shows that he was guessing.

It also made sense to have Bolasie at the time, as he was available for only £20k.

"One for the future", if I remember rightly.

Your right, I haven't moaned, because as far as I can see del hasn't brought in a left back?!

haha

Apart from foster, lets be clear his problem position was left back, not right back or right wing. Or are you suggesting that Del has just blown cash willy nilly on a position we didn't need filling? The one thing you have been berating Millen for?

haha

Apart from foster, lets be clear his problem position was left back, not right back or right wing. Or are you suggesting that Del has just blown cash willy nilly on a position we didn't need filling? The one thing you have been berating Millen for?

No, we had two left backs at the club when he joined. McGivern did well initially and Macca only just got back in the side after injury and has only just got back to his woeful self - after a couple of half decent performances

Mcinnes needs to see how woeful he is for himself.

Millen should have known how woeful he is, he worked with him for years previous - but no he thought he was "brilliant"

Foster is not a left back - and I like him - certainly an improvement IF he was a left back

No, we had two left backs at the club when he joined. McGivern did well initially and Macca only just got back in the side after injury and has only just got back to his woeful self - after a couple of half decent performances

Mcinnes needs to see how woeful he is for himself.

Millen should have known how woeful he is, he worked with him for years previous - but no he thought he was "brilliant"

Foster is not a left back - and I like him - certainly an improvement IF he was a left back

Well if you like foster, i am amazed by your judgmemnt of players, He is fast, but he is never a defender in any sense of the word. He should stick to siting out on the right and where he can cause less damage to the team.

I have no issues with mcAllister getting Steadily worse. McGivern is woeful, and I would say he and Foster are on a par with one another in terms of defending.

Foster was signed primarily as a left back, why else would McGivern be dropped as soon as he he came in. He wasn't signed as a right back, as it seems McInnes was happy with Skuse there, or Carey if Skuse was unavailable, In fact when right backs have been available Foster did not have a sniff at right back. he certainly wasn't signed as a right winger, unless you are suggesting he is a replacement for Adomah! if that is the case oh dear!

What position do you think he was signed to play in? or his he yet another player who can play in various positions, but is a master of none, which seems to be the problem with our squad.

Millen tried to sign two left backs before he ended up with McGivern, that should suggest to you he saw McAllisters days as numbered.

Foster isn't a left back he's a right back/ right midfielder who can play at left back and he was brought in because we were struggling at right back, but you seem to be making things up to suit yourself again

Of course he was Monkeh, thats why Del plaed him primarily as left back and Skuse and Carey played Right back when available. The only time Foster played right back is when these two were unavailable. Before that he came in and replaceed McGivern immediately, by the time Mcallister came back Carey and Skuse were out injured and he was pulled across to right back, as it seems Dell has no faith in Ribs or Spence

if he is seen as a right back in the future than god help us. Carey, Skuse, Ribs and Spence are all better than him, the only thing he has over them is pace, certainly not the ability to defend

Millen tried to sign two left backs before he ended up with McGivern, that should suggest to you he saw McAllisters days as numbered.

Well seeing as he only brought mcgivern in because macca was injured - shows he was happy with him to an extent - which in itself is shocking

Well seeing as he only brought mcgivern in because macca was injured - shows he was happy with him to an extent - which in itself is shocking

Or it shows that was what was afforded to him in terms of budget.

We can hypothosise about this to we are blue in the face. So i am going to end my time in this thread now :)

Just read in Plymouth's accounts that we paid just £20k for him, by my reckoning that means as Kilkenny was a Bosman and Ryan Taylor (remember him, where did he go?) was £150k, our total transfer outlay pre season was £170k!.

Anyone wonder why we're struggling?

I can't be arsed to check but I'm pretty sure the gas spent more than £170k pre-season?? Not that it got them anywhere!

Puts it in to perspective though

The reason we are in the position we are in is because we have had a succesion of insipid, inadequate, unmotivational and tactically inept managers who would struggle at Forest Green or Mangotsfield..and thats the truth.

Those Managers have generally brought rubbish to the club.

If we have aspirations of rebuilding next year whichever league we find ourselves in we need to make the appointment that has the ability, contacts and knowledge accumulated in leading a successfull championship or Premier League side in order to realise those ambitions and to deliver.

It was one hell of a risk chosing an obscure Scottish Manager and it has patently failed as a gamble.

Im sure hes a nice chap but it seems hes lacking in all of the requisite credentials.

If you want to win a race at the festival you put your horse with Nicholls, Pipe, Henderson, Mullins or King not send him to the chap who has a horse in a feild beind his house. :laugh: and trains in a pub carpark... mediocrity and a "that will do" attitude born of parsimony will never acheive anything with any longevity in any club.

This is a lovely, eloquent piece of writing. It all falls down because you know nothing, and I do mean nothing, about football.

This is a lovely, eloquent piece of writing. It all falls down because you know nothing, and I do mean nothing, about football.

How about you give your eloquent opinion then, rather than criticise some one without giving your opinion.

Dave's point of view holds greater merit than yours, because you don't seem to have one, other than to criticise a post without any sort of back up to it!

How about you give your eloquent opinion then, rather than criticise some one without giving your opinion.

Dave's point of view holds greater merit than yours, because you don't seem to have one, other than to criticise a post without any sort of back up to it!

Of course I have an opinion.

However, if you actually make a normal post that isn't something along the lines of 'Maynard is a Judas' or 'McInnes is shit' then it goes largely unnoticed on this forum. I also happen to find that poster extremely tedious, and his claims to be an ex-pro seem ludicrous given his lack of knowledge and his apparent desire to just criticise everybody and everything that isn't Christian Ribeiro. I reserve my right to say what I think just as he does,

I also look forward to him eating humble pie at the end of the season. Is that OK with you, or shall I submit all further postings for your approval?! :yahoo:

Of course I have an opinion.

However, if you actually make a normal post that isn't something along the lines of 'Maynard is a Judas' or 'McInnes is shit' then it goes largely unnoticed on this forum. I also happen to find that poster extremely tedious, and his claims to be an ex-pro seem ludicrous given his lack of knowledge and his apparent desire to just criticise everybody and everything that isn't Christian Ribeiro. I reserve my right to say what I think just as he does,

I also look forward to him eating humble pie at the end of the season. Is that OK with you, or shall I submit all further postings for your approval?! :yahoo:

Send them to my secratry to filter

Archived