IGNORED

Is Football In Our City In A Similar Situation As Sheffield/nottingham?

hippy273

If you notice, both Sheffield teams got relegated the season after the other, Rovers gets relegated last season and now we are looking at a similar situation in that respect.

As for Nottingham, Notts County a division below Forest. Yet they too were almost facing certain relegation. A pattern seems to be emerging here, almost as if if the rivals get relegated then so will the certain team.

If we do get relegated, hopefully we can bounce back like both Sheffield clubs seem to be doing!

If you notice, both Sheffield teams got relegated the season after the other, Rovers gets relegated last season and now we are looking at a similar situation in that respect.

As for Nottingham, Notts County a division below Forest. Yet they too were almost facing certain relegation. A pattern seems to be emerging here, almost as if if the rivals get relegated then so will the certain team.

If we do get relegated, hopefully we can bounce back like both Sheffield clubs seem to be doing!

I do like your optimism !!

However, we don't do "bouncing back".

Also, when we do get promotion, we always do it limping across the line. We never go up through playoffs, and we never win a league title.

We always go up quietly, unnoticed almost, in second place.

nah I wouldn't compare it, apart from Notts County the others are massive clubs with a much better fan base I would go as far to say again disregard county they all have beeter squads too,

we are better run at boardroom level and have a better owner but they are better at fan level and get much better vocal support, but that could be due to the history the clubs have had,

I think you could compare us to united last season a squad that should stay up and be midtable but are just not getting results for some reason (I'm not getting into that arguement again)

I wouldn't mind going down if you can promise me we would do a norwich

I guess a lot to do with two clubs in a City struggling more than one, is the fact that the fanbase, investment etc. is split between the clubs, as appose to the focus being on just one club. Saying that their are exceptions, but generally two reasonably sized clubs in a City means they are generally worse off than one club.

Another common link;

Sheffield, Nottingham, Liverpool, Manchester, the Potteries, North London, Bristol (and if claret is a shade of red) Birmingham.

In recent years the better team at all locations has the been the one playing in red!

Another common link;

Sheffield, Nottingham, Liverpool, Manchester, the Potteries, North London, Bristol (and if claret is a shade of red) Birmingham.

In recent years the better team at all locations has the been the one playing in red!

So we just change the colour of the shirts and play in red the whole time :laughcont:

Archived